Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my car in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Prior to my Oil change my CTS started showing obnoxiously loud and annoying front seat squeaks and a slight rattle ...
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my car

Prior to my Oil change my CTS started showing obnoxiously loud and annoying front seat squeaks and a slight rattle in the back of the headliner.
    My b.f. said no big deal the slight rattle in the headliner may have been from the moon roof harness coming undone he thought he remembered a bulletin put out about it and the seat squeaks probably just needed some lube and to tell the service adviser when I went in for my oil change.
    I mentioned it to the service adviser they said they would take care of it and gave me some ATS loaners to play with since I was window shopping ATS's.

I got my usual daily reports on the progress, Front Driver side seat just needed some lube, Passenger seat needs a new frame.
    The Moon roof frame cracked the tech replaced it and I guess damaged the motor in the process so they had to order and replace that to.
    No problem to me as long as everything is fixed.

I go back drop off the ATS turbo and they pull my car up to the front door since it was after the service department was closed for the day.
    I go to get in my car and there is a couple inch square patch of scratches on my driver side door and I look at the moon roof and the front of it is sticking up about an 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch higher than the roof of the car.
    And the rear of moon roof is sitting about a 1/4 of an inch below the roof of the car at the center.

Having washed my car about 100 times I knew for a fact that it used to sit perfectly flush with the entire roof of the car.
    So I drive my CTS over to the other CTS's on the lot to compare how the moon roof's looked on those.
    All of the brand new ones were flush just like mine used to be and a few of the used ones had some slight sag or sat a tiny bit below the roof of the car.
    No where near as bad as mine.

So I figure I will just let my b.f. inspect it and see what he has to say when he see's it when I get home.
    I get on the Jersey Turnpike and get up to speed and all I can hear is the loudest wind noise coming from the back of the car.
    Made sure all of the windows were up, moon roof was closed.
    Then I pulled off at the first rest stop to make sure all of the doors were closed and they were.

I get home it is almost dark my b.f. takes a look at it and instantly says that the moon roof isn't properly aligned or adjusted to the proper GM spec's and that since it isn't properly aligned it is causing wind turbulence on the roof of the car and that is what I am hearing.
    He then tells me it is way off and that the front of the moon roof is to never be above the roof of the car or more than a 1/16 below.
    And that the rear is supposed to be either flush or about 1/16 above.
    While looking at the inside of the car he tells me the tech scuffed the material on the headliner and put runs in it at the back of the car along with leaving greasy finger prints in a few places.

Without getting to much more in depth about this and that I am still to pissed off about my car to call and complain about it just yet.
    My b.f. used to be a GM tech and is pissed off about it he was going to readjust and align the moon roof but said F it because that is why he made me buy a newer car with warranty so that he doesn't have to keep doing this type of stuff.

Like my last GM Pontiac G5GT that went through 3-4 dealers for warranty repairs due to techs not properly fixing or diagnosing things it looks like like Deja vu all over again.

My passenger side seat frame is on back order so I have to go back again once I calm down a little I will come up with a game plan in the mean time I have a couple days of rain expected so maybe the dam moon roof with leak and give me a better argument for getting the headline replaced.

Maybe I expect to much and that when I drop off a car to have warranty work done I should get it back in the same condition that I brought it in as and some Half ass tech's shouldn't be beating the shit out of my car while working on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Re: Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my c

This is completely unacceptable. I would also be soooo pissed to get my car back from the dealer after any repair - let aside warranty repairs - in worse condition than brought in.... I'm very picky about my car, and as you, having washed my car probably more than 150 times now, I know for a fact that I would notice any scratch that was not there before... Bring back your car, and show your service advisor all the things you want to be fixed - and be clear to tell him/her that you are back because one of their tech did not do his job properly....

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my c

Agree like2drive, absolutely unacceptable. I would be VERY PISSED OFF if this happened to me.
    CTSCHICK, you are not expecting too much. Please let us know what develops out of all this.

The more I hear about Cadillac dealer service screw-ups and Cadillac Customer Service screw-ups the more I'm convinced my next car will be something other than a Cadillac. Luxury car owners expect and deserve an enhanced, satisfying experience when they bring their car into the dealer for service. GM isn't doing nearly enough to ensure this is happening at dealerships nationwide in the US and Canada. It's no wonder why so many people opt for luxury imports, after seeing what GM/Cadillac and their dealer network too often hands them.

If I see one more "I'm very sorry for your experience" post from Cadillac Cust Svc in this forum I think I'm going to scream.

My main problem is the Cadillac dealer I am using is 92 miles away so it is a major effort to work with them which I was fine with as long as everything stayed satisfactory.

I don't use the closest Cadillac dealer to me because they are part of the auto group that I dealt with and refused to deal with again from dealing with them with my G5GT that I bought from them.

I will get pictures in the light tomorrow because I have read about a few complaints here about people being told wind noise is normal with moon roof repairs and replacements.
    When it is actually improperly aligned moon roofs.

Until then I have my car sitting out in the rain and hope it leaks

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK
    Prior to my Oil change my CTS started showing obnoxiously loud and annoying front seat squeaks and a slight rattle in the back of the headliner.
    My b.f. said no big deal the slight rattle in the headliner may have been from the moon roof harness coming undone he thought he remembered a bulletin put out about it and the seat squeaks probably just needed some lube and to tell the service adviser when I went in for my oil change.
    I mentioned it to the service adviser they said they would take care of it and gave me some ATS loaners to play with since I was window shopping ATS's.

I got my usual daily reports on the progress, Front Driver side seat just needed some lube, Passenger seat needs a new frame.
    The Moon roof frame cracked the tech replaced it and I guess damaged the motor in the process so they had to order and replace that to.

I go back drop off the ATS turbo and they pull my car up to the front door since it was after the service department was closed for the day.
    I go to get in my car and there is a couple inch square patch of scratches on my driver side door and I look at the moon roof and the front of it is sticking up about an 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch higher than the roof of the car.
    And the rear of moon roof is sitting about a 1/4 of an inch below the roof of the car at the center.

Having washed my car about 100 times I knew for a fact that it used to sit perfectly flush with the entire roof of the car.
    So I drive my CTS over to the other CTS's on the lot to compare how the moon roof's looked on those.
    All of the brand new ones were flush just like mine used to be and a few of the used ones had some slight sag or sat a tiny bit below the roof of the car.

So I figure I will just let my b.f. inspect it and see what he has to say when he see's it when I get home.
    I get on the Jersey Turnpike and get up to speed and all I can hear is the loudest wind noise coming from the back of the car.
    Then I pulled off at the first rest stop to make sure all of the doors were closed and they were.

I get home it is almost dark my b.f. takes a look at it and instantly says that the moon roof isn't properly aligned or adjusted to the proper GM spec's and that since it isn't properly aligned it is causing wind turbulence on the roof of the car and that is what I am hearing.
    He then tells me it is way off and that the front of the moon roof is to never be above the roof of the car or more than a 1/16 below.
    While looking at the inside of the car he tells me the tech scuffed the material on the headliner and put runs in it at the back of the car along with leaving greasy finger prints in a few places.

Without getting to much more in depth about this and that I am still to pissed off about my car to call and complain about it just yet.
    My b.f. used to be a GM tech and is pissed off about it he was going to readjust and align the moon roof but said F it because that is why he made me buy a newer car with warranty so that he doesn't have to keep doing this type of stuff.

Like my last GM Pontiac G5GT that went through 3-4 dealers for warranty repairs due to techs not properly fixing or diagnosing things it looks like like Deja vu all over again.

My passenger side seat frame is on back order so I have to go back again once I calm down a little I will come up with a game plan in the mean time I have a couple days of rain expected so maybe the dam moon roof with leak and give me a better argument for getting the headline replaced.

Maybe I expect to much and that when I drop off a car to have warranty work done I should get it back in the same condition that I brought it in as and some Half ass tech's shouldn't be beating the shit out of my car while working on it.
    Unacceptable. You need to hot these dealers where it hurts. When you get the survey you need to let them have it and have it hard. Every dealer I have ever dealt with takes these things seriously.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

Unacceptable. You need to hot these dealers where it hurts. When you get the survey you need to let them have it and have it hard. Every dealer I have ever dealt with takes these things seriously.
    And you commented on jgalillac spelling on a previous post. Must be driving and didn't use Siri. Lol, just kidding.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post

Hello CTSCHICK,

I completely understand your frustration of the issue of the dealership and I apologize that you experienced it. I would be more than happy to call and speak to the dealership on your behalf about this issue. If you would like my assistance, please private message me so I can look into your concern. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft

And you commented on jgalillac spelling on a previous post. Must be driving and didn't use Siri. Lol, just kidding.
    Lol! Karma.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Couple things: I completely agree with your frustration and being upset (about the condition of your vehicle) but you should have said something before accepting delivery, since the vehicle is going back for the completion of service give them the chance to make things right, and finally, contact Gregory W. (Cadillac Customer Care, post #7) and take him up on his offer to act in your behalf with the dealership involved. Best of luck in rectifying this situation.

rspreng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Sedan RWD Radiant Silver|Ebony

It is totally unacceptable that you got your car back in that condition. The service technicians pay very little attention to details and we as customers have to suffer and spend more time and money to get it right and then we are perceived as azz hats for being so picky. I hope they get this right.
    As for the headliner, I have pulled some with the same type of material and let me tell you, you have to go above and beyond to keep it from getting dirty. I am as anal as they come and I take pride in my work. I actually wear latex gloves and change them out religiously, that material and color is sooooooo receptive to dirt and grime. I could only imagine what the techs hands looked like after replacing the frame and motor to sunroof. Let us know what happens, curious if they try to clean the headliner or replace it.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Good luck with customer care. Has anyone actually gotten help from them. As I have said before, I'm still waiting for my case number and call back. that was 6 months ago. I appreciate them being here but offering help is just lip service.
    tinman, tinman, rspreng and 10 others like this.

WEMTX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe, SRX

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    Good luck with customer care. Has anyone actually gotten help from them. As I have said before, I'm still waiting for my case number and call back. that was 6 months ago. I appreciate them being here but offering help is just lip service.
    Completely agree!!!

KYFootDoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Wow, just wow

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello C “T” ess and WEMTX,

I apologize that you have had unsatisfactory interactions with our team. If you could provide me with your case number, or your name, VIN, and contact info in a private message, I would be more than happy to look into your case for you.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    Yeh trust me I have observed around here enough since I have become a member to know it is just Lips service and public relations just to look good on internet searches .
    I have been through this type of thing enough to know to just call the actual customer service 1800 number where I can get an actual name of a person and a case #.

Pretty much it is pointless for me to deal with them yet until I actually address my issue's with this dealer and see what comes out of all of it.

Right now the more I go through my car the more pissed off I get because I find more stuff.
    Some people don't realize when you mess $hit up people are going to look a lot more for more F up's.

----------

This is the rear of my Moon roof it is a 1/4" below the roof of the car.
    GM Spec is 0.0mm flush with the top of the car or 1.5mm = 1/16" above the roof.
    This is the source of my wind noise that I can hear above the stereo at 3/4 volume.
    It is creating wind turbulence on the roof of the car and making the wind noise.

This is the front of the moon roof it is an 1/8" above the roof of the car.
    GM spec is 0.0mm flush with the roof or no more than -1.5mm below the roof.

Notice I am using a non-marring plastic measuring stick on the car because I care enough not to use a wooden one with a metal end to prevent scratches in the paint. Maybe I do expect to much out of people I dunno but at least it isn't expecting anymore than I wouldn't do my self lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.