Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my car - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my car in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...
    amunderdog is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Re: Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my c

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    Yeh not according to what GM has been saying recently
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2XQLes9iL
    Looks like more marketing skullduggery to me.

GM needs to compete with both domestic and foreign car companies who have shifted the paradigm back to originally making the customer happy by providing reliable, cost effective and technologically innovative features and designs. Dependable older model cars still on the road today usually are not GM vehicles. The GM cars that are now priceless collectibles were manufactured in a time where early mass production was still balanced with quality and pride in craftsmanship. When a corporation is too large and poorly managed, they forget about the cornerstones that allowed the business to flourish. GM focused too much on wheeling and dealing in the car show room than making the best cars available.

GM. Car Dealers are also going to have to clean up their act. They need to stop being about deal making and hard closing techniques. Your local dealer will need to become a valuable source of ongoing information using the social media, email marketing and search engine marketing. By doing these things they can be less about “getting you into something today” and more about establishing a trusting relationship and someone who can be relied upon when the time does come to get that new vehicle.

Read more: http://www.optimum7.com/internet-mar...#ixzz2XQh8OOiq

I thought this was interesting
    http://garagesalemba.com/2011/02/20/...ting-strategy/

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Re: Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my c

Yes I have contacted GM Through this forum and they were very helpful, and you also helped me with answers which I really appreciate. My remark wasn't about the people as much as my not realizing the difference between a forum about hobby cars and cars we depend on daily.
    tinman likes this.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Got it, thank you.

dan87951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Too many cars to list...

I couldn't agree more. Our BMW experience was a complete nightmare and was the worst car we have ever owned. Let's put it this way our BMW was at the dealer more than our own garage. I will never again buy a BMW. My neighbor loves them and he is on a first name basis with the tow truck driver, I'm sorry I don't get it the "Ultimate Driving Machine" more like the Ultimate break down machine!

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    And as this debate goes on, still many folks have problems with BMW's and Mercedes' vehicles, just like the Cadillacs. After reading the BMW CCA magazine (Roundel) for a few years, there were so many complaints about the Bimmers, especially in their fine Technical section. I was really hot on a new M3, but after reading the magazine for as long as I did I decided to go Porsche.

What about, "Joy!" ?

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I am tied with you on visit's to the dealer for the same problem Tinman lol

So I get the call today that my CTS was out of detail so I before I leave work early and drive 92 miles there I specifically ask Is all of my complaints fixed, I get a Yes they all are.
    Then I ask Is the moon roof completely silent, I get a Yes the Service director personally took it out prior to detail and he said everything is Good.

The Service area says open until 6pm so I left work early and spent more than 2 1/2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic jams, The last 20 miles I was only doing 3mph
    I finally get there at 5:15pm and only the loaner car desk people are there, Every one else went home.

So they pull my CTS out of the mechanic garage and into the service pick up/drop off garage.
    I go over the exterior it is perfect, Moon roof alignment is perfect.
    I Check the headliner and C pillar no more runs everything is perfect.
    Look over to the Passenger side A pillar it still isn't on correctly so I go open the passenger side front door and check out the seat, They never installed the seat belt back on to the seat, and the Cap that covers the bolt is missing so the seat belt is just hanging there.
    I go back in saying WTF the 2 loaner car people scramble to find a tech and only one happened to still be there.
    So they get him to come out, Parts are missing and ect so he takes the needed parts out of the ATS Loaner.
    I call my b.f. he says screw the A pillar he will fix it if that is the only thing so I keep looking and the whole dam thing is put back together incorrectly, The plastic end caps on the seat slider rails are installed wrong, The carpet piece in the front that attaches to plastic trim on the front bottom of the seat that hides all of the wiring ect under the seat is just hanging and ect.
    So he says F it just come home he will fix it right.

So I end my phone call with him and go to drive back home I don't even get out of the dealer parking lot and the Moon roof is back to making the same rattling noises in the back of the headliner that was the cracked welds in the Moon roof frame.

So I say enough of this $hit I want to talk to the general manager, president, vise president of the dealership and show him this crap.
    I go in to talk to them but every one in charge at the dealership went home at 5pm only 1 lot boy and the sales people were there. WTF
    I know what they look like so I walked around looking just to see if it was B.S. or not and the receptionist was right they all went home.
    I told her to give me a pen and some paper I am leaving a note for the General manager of the dealership.
    She gives me the pen and paper while I am raising enough hell so that other customers hear me.
    While I am filling out my Note she calls the Service Director I can hear her say do you want to talk to her, Obviously he didnt so he tells her to tell me to take the Loaner and leave the car there.

I call my b.f. he says leave it there but take pictures of both cars before I leave
    So I over heard the note was going to be left with the service director not the General manager of the dealership so I say to my self OK I will email him when I get home and call him in the morning because this is total B.S. and completely unacceptable for me to be told the Car was ready and personally check by the Service Director and giving the OK prior to me leaving work early, spending $10 or so on tolls for the Jersey turnpike and killing my self to get there bumper to bumper traffic for 2 1/2+ hours.

Before I left I saw the one sales person that I was communicating with for the past couple weeks about buying an ATS and I just looked over and said I am not buying an ATS from here.

Blah now I have to discuss with my b.f. what I am going to do about all of this when I calm down a little bit.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I'm sure you considered this but is there another dealer closer to you. One suggestion I would make is to file a BBB complaint. It riles everyone up and they will be falling all over themselves to satisfy you and get the negative mark removed.

I never cease to be amazed.

I just received a telephone message from "GM Executive Headquarters". Someone called and has some type of info on my situation. As I await their return call I realize my problem has been elevated to somewhere, or should I say that it has been passed around to somewhere. That one is to be continued elsewhere.

CTSCHICK, I can only hope things improve for you as well. At least I don't have to drive as far as you. I would not be happy either. Hang in there.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    I am tied with you on visit's to the dealer for the same problem Tinman lol

So I get the call today that my CTS was out of detail so I before I leave work early and drive 92 miles there I specifically ask Is all of my complaints fixed, I get a Yes they all are.
    Then I ask Is the moon roof completely silent, I get a Yes the Service director personally took it out prior to detail and he said everything is Good.

The Service area says open until 6pm so I left work early and spent more than 2 1/2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic jams, The last 20 miles I was only doing 3mph
    I finally get there at 5:15pm and only the loaner car desk people are there, Every one else went home.

So they pull my CTS out of the mechanic garage and into the service pick up/drop off garage.
    I go over the exterior it is perfect, Moon roof alignment is perfect.
    I Check the headliner and C pillar no more runs everything is perfect.
    Look over to the Passenger side A pillar it still isn't on correctly so I go open the passenger side front door and check out the seat, They never installed the seat belt back on to the seat, and the Cap that covers the bolt is missing so the seat belt is just hanging there.
    I go back in saying WTF the 2 loaner car people scramble to find a tech and only one happened to still be there.
    So they get him to come out, Parts are missing and ect so he takes the needed parts out of the ATS Loaner.
    I call my b.f. he says screw the A pillar he will fix it if that is the only thing so I keep looking and the whole dam thing is put back together incorrectly, The plastic end caps on the seat slider rails are installed wrong, The carpet piece in the front that attaches to plastic trim on the front bottom of the seat that hides all of the wiring ect under the seat is just hanging and ect.
    So he says F it just come home he will fix it right.

So I end my phone call with him and go to drive back home I don't even get out of the dealer parking lot and the Moon roof is back to making the same rattling noises in the back of the headliner that was the cracked welds in the Moon roof frame.

So I say enough of this $hit I want to talk to the general manager, president, vise president of the dealership and show him this crap.
    I go in to talk to them but every one in charge at the dealership went home at 5pm only 1 lot boy and the sales people were there. WTF
    I know what they look like so I walked around looking just to see if it was B.S. or not and the receptionist was right they all went home.
    I told her to give me a pen and some paper I am leaving a note for the General manager of the dealership.
    She gives me the pen and paper while I am raising enough hell so that other customers hear me.
    While I am filling out my Note she calls the Service Director I can hear her say do you want to talk to her, Obviously he didnt so he tells her to tell me to take the Loaner and leave the car there.

I call my b.f. he says leave it there but take pictures of both cars before I leave
    So I over heard the note was going to be left with the service director not the General manager of the dealership so I say to my self OK I will email him when I get home and call him in the morning because this is total B.S. and completely unacceptable for me to be told the Car was ready and personally check by the Service Director and giving the OK prior to me leaving work early, spending $10 or so on tolls for the Jersey turnpike and killing my self to get there bumper to bumper traffic for 2 1/2+ hours.

Before I left I saw the one sales person that I was communicating with for the past couple weeks about buying an ATS and I just looked over and said I am not buying an ATS from here.

Blah now I have to discuss with my b.f. what I am going to do about all of this when I calm down a little bit.
    Hello CTSCHICK,

I apologize for any troubles you have gone through with your vehicle and dealership service. I understand your frustration after reading your post. If you would like to further discuss these issues, please private message me so I can assist you throughout this process and be sure to include your contact information, VIN, and dealership name and location.

Thanks,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

After my conversations with the general manager and service director there today
    I just told them fix what they want to fix and dont fix what they dont want to fix or think shouldn't have to be fixed and I will just call GM Customer service open a case and put the ball in GM's court on where to take it and be fixed correctly.

Because since they have no excuse's for their obvious failures, They are starting to try and turn the problem around as being normal.

Highlights of my conversation today The Service director " It isn't my fault or your fault that you drive so far to us for service"
    My response But it is 100% all your fault that my car wasn't fix properly and put back together correctly because you were the one that assumed all responsibility of test driving the car to see if the problem was fixed, and you said you would personally inspect every inch of the car to make sure the job was done cleanly and properly.
    Not counting after you test drove and inspected my car you sent it into detail to which the detail person should have noticed the seat belt not attached and they should have said something.
    The problems were easily noticeable before I even drove away, The noise in the headliner was present before I even left the dealership parking lot.
    And you were the one that supposedly did all of that and Gave it the Ok and assured me it was 100% ready to be picked up before I went through the hassle of coming there to get it, Even after I specifically asked on the phone about everything prior to leaving.

The Service director " I will put my best man on it I have one guy here that is the best with moon roofs and interior stuff"
    I said are you serious?? shouldn't this supossed guy have been the tech to work on it this past 2nd time because of all of my complaints and problems and my car being in for 2nd time??

Service Director "uh my wife has an 09 CTS and her moon roof makes noises to"
    My response So you are trying to invalidate my headliner noise problem as being normal now?? After it being the same exact rattling noise in the headliner that you originally heard, acknowledged and validated as a legitimate problem the 1st time it was in for repair and actually repaired properly after finding the moon roof frame welds cracked and causing the noise but the tech misaligned the moon roof glass to which might have contributed to part of the wind noise problem??
    To which the noise wasn't present again until after this second time of attempted repair.

LOL I was like WTF I see where this is going now.

Then I had to explain to him what the A pillar was

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello CTSCHICK,

I apologize for any troubles you have gone through with your vehicle and dealership service. I understand your frustration after reading your post. If you would like to further discuss these issues, please private message me so I can assist you throughout this process and be sure to include your contact information, VIN, and dealership name and location.

Thanks,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I know this is short notice but P.m coming your way.

Just thought I would update this I talked with our Laura on the phone this morning and she contacted the dealership to hopefully motivate them.
    Followed my an email from her to update me on what is going on at the dealership

Good Luck. It took them three tries to get mine right, and I am not sure at this time that it is right.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Good Luck. It took them three tries to get mine right, and I am not sure at this time that it is right.
    3rd time for me to, don't forget I didnt even leave the dealership complex before returning it for the 3rd time.
    How ever I no longer wish to compete with you on these repair visits Tinman lol
    Lets just both hope we both don't have to return until our oil changes need to be done

I do my own oil changes. Mobil 1, K&N filter, rotate tires. There is absolutely no way I would take mine to the dealer for something as simple as that. I enjoy it, too. It also gives me a chance to look at my car underneath.

One of these days I am going to build my man cave with a lift. You need a chickcave.

One of the main reasons I got a Cadillac was because of the free maintenance to give my b.f. a break on having to deal with car stuff he does enough of that during the week and on his free time on the weekends.
    Other than him marking stuff to know the filter has been changed and checking it when I return and ect I figured I would give him a break until it expires or the warranty is over.

Other than the occasional times an engine might be in my den or a super charger or turbo kit laid out on my living room floor the entire house is my chick cave lol
    tinman likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.