Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my car - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my car in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'm way behind on reading, and this may well be fixed by now....but I can see what the problem is ...
    HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Re: Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my c

I'm way behind on reading, and this may well be fixed by now....but I can see what the problem is from the pics.
    The back is too low when it should be flush to high, and the front is too high when it should be flush to low....
    They installed it backwards!!!

OK, I know this is nowhere near helpful, and I hope they get you fixed properly. I was hoping to ease your pain with a little levity. Please don't hit me.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Dealership Tech rant or maybe I just expect to much out of people working on my c

Hehe yeh I posted the GM specs in my first post

Dropped the car off today without any debate what cant be detailed out will be replaced
    And that includes the headliner, passenger side c pillar trim and ect along with dealing with the moon roof.

My loaner is a silver ats turbo with 1280 miles on it.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I'm currently in a 2.0T loaner and it is amazingly fast. Now if I could just get in and out without getting stuck on something.

Surfstix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium & 2008 SRX4

Hello CTSCHICK,

I completely understand your frustration of the issue of the dealership and I apologize that you experienced it. I would be more than happy to call and speak to the dealership on your behalf about this issue. If you would like my assistance, please private message me so I can look into your concern. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I think it is great that you offered to get involved with the dealer but I have had our SRX and CTS in multiple times and constantly get the same answer we cannot reproduce the problem but they manage to find everything that costs me money never anything that is covered under warranty or extended warranty which are quite costly when the dealer "cannot reproduce the problem" do they think we want to put all this mileage on our cars to hear the same old song and dance most of us have genuine concerns that are overlooked I am trading in my 09 CTS for a 2011 coupe tomorrow this is Cadillacs last shot with me.Perhaps contacting the dealer is step one but it should be conveyed to GM executives to wake up or fall on their butts again we bailed them out once with our hard earned tax dollars the least they can do is give us the service they so proudly display in all the dealerships about Cadillac customer service and then they beg for a 100% satisfaction survey(are they kidding) which seems useless anyways nothing ever gets done.Well that's my rant and rave.
    WEMTX likes this.

dan87951 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Too many cars to list...

There will always be good dealers and bad dealers -- its the fact of life! It's finding that good dealer that is the problem. Where we live I have had first hand experience with the dealer in Lansing, MI named Capital Cadillac. They have been very good to us and feel fortunate to have them in our area. The only problem is the quality of our car has been disappointing to say the least. We are getting close to the 50k b2b and the car (bought it new) is definitely starting to show its quality issues as things keep breaking. We have always purchased new Infiniti's in the past so visiting a dealer for warranty work is new for us. We kept our last Infiniti FX35 until is had 198k miles on it and the only thing it needed in that time frame was a wheel bearing (110k) and tie rod ends (143k). Infiniti even covered the wheel bearing under warranty for us even though the car was way out of warranty which was very nice of them. I guess the moral of the story is -- even though our dealer is top notch, what's the point when the quality of the product they sell is not up to snuff. No doubt Cadillac is making some good looking cars and have had made some improvements to quality over previous model (1st gen CTS was a joke) -- I just think their no where near the Japanese in terms of reliability/quality yet. You can probably tell what our next car will be after the warranty is up on our CTS..

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Quote Originally Posted by dan87951 View Post
    I guess the moral of the story is -- even though our dealer is top notch, what's the point when the quality of the product they sell is not up to snuff. No doubt Cadillac is making some good looking cars and have had made some improvements to quality over previous model (1st gen CTS was a joke) -- I just think their no where near the Japanese in terms of reliability/quality yet. You can probably tell what our next car will be after the warranty is up on our CTS..
    Well said, I could not agree more. 2nd gen CTS was an easy choice for many here, due to favorable discount price versus competition; but now with new 3rd gen CTS reportedly priced higher on par with competition, itís a real dilemma. How lucky do potential buyers feel?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by 928S View Post
    Well said, I could not agree more. 2nd gen CTS was an easy choice for many here, due to favorable discount price versus competition; but now with new 3rd gen CTS reportedly priced higher on par with competition, it’s a real dilemma. How lucky do potential buyers feel?
    And as this debate goes on, still many folks have problems with BMW's and Mercedes' vehicles, just like the Cadillacs. After reading the BMW CCA magazine (Roundel) for a few years, there were so many complaints about the Bimmers, especially in their fine Technical section. I was really hot on a new M3, but after reading the magazine for as long as I did I decided to go Porsche.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

I think?
    They want things the way they are.
    Most people know nothing about cars except they going to have payments until they die.
    So the dealers would prefer you are pissed off at your current vehicle.
    You will want a better/different one.
    That will hopefully translate to a sale for them, if not your trade in will advertise for them on a different corner of town.
    Somehow it seems the marketing department has convinced them return/satisfied customers are not all that important; there is a sea of potential customers; if they get the marketing correct will get them thru until the next new thing.
    Maybe gone are the years of customers for life with brand loyalty.
    Just turn them out and use slick marketing to move them.
    Long term planning seems to be a thing of the past in America.

Remember the Sales rule from the beginning of time?
    A happy customer tells one friend, an unhappy customer tells everybody.

GM has been down this road before; you would think they had learned something.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I believe if you go to any forum you are going to find more negative posts than positive. If you are having a good experience there is no sense in posting it. If you are having a problem you can start a rant which riles everyone up and you wind up with multiple responses. The point is that our forum like others seems to portray the car, the dealer,Cadillac and GM as monsters who took our money and gave us nothing in return. I think as is the case with any product, top of the line to economy model, you will find problems.
    I would suggest; not taking anything away from the op but there are probably the same number or more that have experienced no problems. Just my $0.02. (although if you put in your two cents but you only offer a penny for your thoughts, where does the other penny go )

Yeh not according to what GM has been saying recently
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2XQLes9iL

How ever my problem is with the dealership techs quality of work to which everyone involved at the dealership agreed that my complaints were legitimate and that the tech shouldn't have beat that crap out of my car while also should have properly cleaned up afterwards.
    They made no excuse's towards my complaints.
    It probably made a difference after my b.f. went through the technical stuff with them and explained to them he used to be a GM tech lol
    We will see when it is done and if they took care of my complaints.

They already know I go out of my way 92 miles each way to buy the car and take care of my service, warranty issue's due to past problems with my previous GM cars with local GM dealers.
    If I am willing to do that imagine if I feel I am burned by Gm and how far I will be willing to go to not buy a GM or deal with them lol

We are on your side, CTSCHICK.

hehe I know
    That article just came to mind after reading amunderdog's post

----------

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    I believe if you go to any forum you are going to find more negative posts than positive. If you are having a good experience there is no sense in posting it. If you are having a problem you can start a rant which riles everyone up and you wind up with multiple responses. The point is that our forum like others seems to portray the car, the dealer,Cadillac and GM as monsters who took our money and gave us nothing in return. I think as is the case with any product, top of the line to economy model, you will find problems.
    I would suggest; not taking anything away from the op but there are probably the same number or more that have experienced no problems. Just my $0.02. (although if you put in your two cents but you only offer a penny for your thoughts, where does the other penny go )
    Except with me if you read my past posts this isn't the first time or first Gm car I have had the same exact problems with.
    The only difference is I havent had to get GM customer service involved.

I believe C"T"ess' post was generic in nature, not aimed at you, Chick. I agree with what he posted in the generic, general sense as he is spot on with his post.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    I believe if you go to any forum you are going to find more negative posts than positive.
    That was the hard part of starting on this forum. The only car forum I had been on was the c1 and c2 corvette forum, and rants about bad parts and bad service are far outweighed by posts about information and advice. They even have a Friday Funnies post once a week to post the latest jokes.

Of course all the cars being discussed are long out of factory warranty, and since they are hobby cars, no one depends on them for daily transportation.

On the whole I think everyone here takes a balanced attitude toward problems, and I have been impressed by support from GM people.

Have you had direct contact with the GM people? Or the support you are commenting about, is that from the posts made? Or are you commenting about the Corvette Forum GM people?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.