Heavy Duty Ceramic Brake Pads? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Heavy Duty Ceramic Brake Pads? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Sure, lets hope for gm's sake that I am wrong. When I ordered my caliper covers I remember it being ...
    arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Sure, lets hope for gm's sake that I am wrong. When I ordered my caliper covers I remember it being j55, or at least that's what the email order confirmation says lol

vegaspanton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS coupe

Re: Heavy Duty Ceramic Brake Pads?

Nothing in my PM. However the RPO sticker does have the J55 option

Quote Originally Posted by vegaspanton
    It think he was referring to me. I got one but haven't gotten a chance to take a picture. Trunk is too full of crap

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    Sure, lets hope for gm's sake that I am wrong. When I ordered my caliper covers I remember it being j55, or at least that's what the email order confirmation says lol
    Yeah, let's hope for GM's sake you're wrong. LOL! I think my money's on GM.
    In one of your posts from last year (link below) you said your '12 CTS AWD Sedan is equipped with the FE3 suspension. That's not possible - Cadillac doesn't allow FE3 with AWD on the CTS. FE3 is available only with RWD.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3021758
    Your AWD car appears to have option FE5, which puts the 19 inch wheel/tire package on the car along with paddle shifters.
    Looking forward to seeing a photo of your rpo sticker - that'll help clear things up.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by vegaspanton View Post
    Vegaspanton, for your 2012 CTS Coupe equipped with J55 performance (heavy duty) brakes... to greatly reduce visible brake dust on the front wheels you need model "1331" ceramic brake pads. Model 1331 ceramic brake pads are available from several sources, including Pep Boys (PROSTOP PR1331C), Amazon, NAPA and TireRack. All 2nd gen CTS J55 brakes have the same application/dimensions, beginning from the '08 model-year Sport Sedan through to the '13 model-year Sport Sedan and Coupe.
    As info, the matter of replacing the factory semi-metallic front pads with ceramic pads on J55-equipped cars has been covered in several threads over the past 5+ years. Here are links to some of those threads:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rd-brakes.html
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rake-pads.html
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...dont-make.html
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...cts-coupe.html

Thanks for the good info. What is strange is that the Pep Boys in the Las Vegas area does not list the 1331C for the 2012, but it does for the 2011???? I suspect it is a cataloging problem on their end. From everything I have read there is no difference in the J55 option for either year.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by vegaspanton View Post
    Thanks for the good info. What is strange is that the Pep Boys in the Las Vegas area does not list the 1331C for the 2012, but it does for the 2011???? I suspect it is a cataloging problem on their end. From everything I have read there is no difference in the J55 option for either year.
    No problem. That's a cataloging issue at Pep Boys. The J55 brakes on your '12 Coupe are no different from an '11 Coupe or Sedan.

yeah, that fe3 was probably a typo. but get this. Under my spare tire cover there is two rpo stickers. I matched the vins up and the one that matches is je5. so your right. the sticker that clearly doesnt belong there is j55 lol. so who else did we confuse with this? lol

So now im trying to think of how the heck this happened. When i bought the car, it didnt have a spare tire, so the sales manager said he would throw one in there if i bought it. I showed up to take delivery, and there was no spare tire, so i threatened to walk out but the guy stopped me and said he would swap out the trunk trays from another car, so im assuming in that process that when they swapped it, they moved my rpo sticker to the new cover, but forgot to take the old one off? it wouldnt be the weirdest thing ive gone through with these cars.

Despite not being listed for the 2012 CTS coupe with heavy duty brakes I purchased as suggested above from Pep Boys their PRO STOP PR 1331-C ceramic brakes (listed in their 2011 model year computer catalog). Easy install, good performance, very little dust

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.