Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; visit the official Cadillac mapupdate center Your map update is available for $159.99.** (Regularly $199.99) Get free shipping when you ...
    Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale

visit the official Cadillac mapupdate center

Your map update is available
    for $159.99.** (Regularly $199.99)
    Get free shipping when you order by August 30, 2013.

Not affilated, just got a email on this offer so I ordered mine as its not been updated since new in 2009.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Re: Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale

ye, me too........I am seriously considering the update given it would be most likely the last one.....$160 is not such a bad price.

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    Do you think it would be worth it for my 2011 coupe :-S not sure if I should.

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Jagillac View Post
    Do you think it would be worth it for my 2011 coupe :-S not sure if I should.
    I dont know but I think the nav on our cars is butt ugly and not that great. I've only used it a few times and once it kept making me take the small inside roads, and when I tried to change course, it wont re-route right away but instead insist me on going back to its suggested route. I prefer the native nav on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Damn, I have last year's update loaded...wonder if it is worth it.

BlGHUMMER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 D.I. Hot Lava Edition

I got this e-mail as well. I was thinking about it but it still seems kinda expensive. Although the free shipping sweetens the deal lol. I am not sure but seems like you could get a decent Garmin or something similar for that money. Just wondering for people who have previously upgraded do you think it was worth it and did you notice that much of a difference compared to the older version?

Quote Originally Posted by BlGHUMMER
    I got this e-mail as well. I was thinking about it but it still seems kinda expensive. Although the free shipping sweetens the deal lol. I am not sure but seems like you could get a decent Garmin or something similar for that money. Just wondering for people who have previously upgraded do you think it was worth it and did you notice that much of a difference compared to the older version?
    when I upgraded from the 08 maps to the 11 maps last year, it made a huge difference for me. More roads show up, better directions and a few more features were added such as the Detour option. I'm going to skip this one and if it is truly the last CTS update, oh well. (I always have my phone to get me there)
    RAB and RAB like this.

RAB
    RAB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

I have the 2012 maps installed, and I have yet to see any difference in map detail (compared to the 2011 maps) for the areas of Ontario and Michigan I typically drive in. For anyone who has 2011 or 2012 maps installed, I'd recommend not purchasing the 2013 maps... unless the price drops to $50 or $75 (yeah, and as if that's ever going to happen). For $160 I'd prefer to buy a portable Garmin unit with lifetime map updates, and use it as supplementary back-up to the factory nav system when going on long trips. Using one of the latest portable units you also get some added features (compared to the factory nav) such as an accurate GPS-based speed reference and a continually updated display of the posted speed limit for the roads you're traveling on.
    BTW, I doubt we'll ever see map updates beyond the 2013 version for the 2nd gen CTS.

dreiloft is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Just received email also.

Quote Originally Posted by RAB
    I have the 2012 maps installed, and I have yet to see any difference in map detail (compared to the 2011 maps) for the areas of Ontario and Michigan I typically drive in. For anyone who has 2011 or 2012 maps installed, I'd recommend not purchasing the 2013 maps... unless the price drops to $50 or $75 (yeah, and as if that's ever going to happen). For $160 I'd prefer to buy a portable Garmin unit with lifetime maps, and use it as supplementary back-up to the factory nav system when going on long trips. Using one of the latest portable units you also get some added features (compared to the factory nav) such as an accurate GPS-based speed reference and a continually updated display of the posted speed limit for the roads you're traveling on.
    BTW, I doubt we'll ever see map updates beyond the 2013 version for the 2nd gen CTS.
    Thanks for the input RAB. I do have the 2012 (2011 map date) update and agree with you 100%...if they cut the price to 100, I'll do it but otherwise, it's just not worth it. We just had a bypass built here locally and am sure it won't show up with this update anyway. (the road just opened a few months ago) It's a shame that ill never get to see the new road in my CTS but life goes on...lol.

Just received the email too...

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

What I don't get is how BMW and Merc can update their Nav's 12 years and still for their cars and Caddy is going to discontinue theirs after just 5 years.

billeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS 2012 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    ye, me too........I am seriously considering the update given it would be most likely the last one.....$160 is not such a bad price.
    $160 doesn't sound good to me. You can buy a portable GPS with lifetime map updates for about the same price. Car manufacturers need to smarten up.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Things that blow my mind with the nav we have...driving through mickey mouse land in Orlando...Interstate 4 is only referred to by its State Route number, it is not called "Interstate 4". How lame. And I am sure there are a lot of touristas who have no clue wtf that's all about. And when they end up in either Tampa or Daytona they realize they are lost.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by billeee View Post
    $160 doesn't sound good to me. You can buy a portable GPS with lifetime map updates for about the same price. Car manufacturers need to smarten up.
    Car GPS is going the Google Maps route so as to provide continual updates, so what we are going through is a short-lived phenomenon.

Does anyone know how to find out what date my current system is on? Purchased a used CTS but don't know whether previous owners may have updated the disk already.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    Car GPS is going the Google Maps route so as to provide continual updates, so what we are going through is a short-lived phenomenon.

Does anyone know how to find out what date my current system is on? Purchased a used CTS but don't know whether previous owners may have updated the disk already.
    While in NAV screen press Info button on the console. Then select the NAV tab on the screen. It should show application and database rev info. Write it down and post here. I am sure someone will provide answer for you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.