Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Stoneybroke I would like to know the current version number also. My 2010 is version 2.5 and ...
    RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneybroke View Post
    I would like to know the current version number also. My 2010 is version 2.5 and data is 1473.
    CONFIG information for 2013 Navigation update p/n 22991499 for 2008-2013 CTS:
    Application version: 5.00.000
    Map DB version: 14.114.23.032812.1e (March 28, 2012 map release date)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For ref/comparison, the CONFIG info for 2012 Navigation update p/n 22853812 for 2008-2013 CTS:
    Application version: 4.11.0000
    Map DB version: 14.104.22.053111.24 (disc version 1 - May 31, 2011 map release date)
    Map DB version: 14.104.22.053111.1e (disc version 2 - May 31, 2011 map release date)

Chris Pelkey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Blue Diamond 3.6L DI AWD

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    My experience with this release has been very slow route calculation times and for some reason choosing fastest route takes you off 4 lane highways to secondary roads to the point of being annoying. I often use the NAV for routes I know and use the expected time of arrival info for planning. Time and time again it keeps wanting me to go off the main roads where higher speeds are posted and wander thru the countryside on secondary roads and though congested roads loaded with shopping stores and traffic lights. Clearly staying on an interstate that might be a couple of miles longer is advisable when you can travel over 60mph and not sit still at traffic lights. Serious bugs. Will have to take some additional time to review the 3 routes selected to get more detail on the flawed logic of the system. But I still like it overall. As previously posted the NAV got me around an interstate road closure north of D.C. and I still made overall fair travel time. I would not know what or where to go with I-95 closed and loaded with traffic.
    I noticed the same thing on my recent trip, I have the new 2013 version and went through a lot of neighborhoods on short trips around towns I was not familiar with. We were on the go so much that I didn't pay too much attention to whether I hit fastest or easy route selection. I'll have to test it around town now that I'm back from my trip.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

I have never taken the time to review the routes chosen for each of the 3 choices. Thats the only way you can know which is better. Quite often the display on the screen wont tell you enough to decide. What happens on a long trip when you get off route for gas, etc., is an unknown - does it revert back to the original route chosen? I have seen some strange route re-calculations when returning to your route after getting gas, etc. And choosing a DEST while traveling can also come up with some interesting routes as opposed to being parked when selecting dest.

Stoneybroke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Sportwagon

I've seen some poor performance occasionally with my system. Accuracy is poor. You have arrived, but you are a full city block from your destination. Routes can get weird and nav voice command will sometimes drop to a whisper. Conversely, the "bong" is ear splitting. Hopefully, the update will fix al least some of these problems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.