Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Save your money. All they do is change the year/version number....
    Merge is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ★ 2009 CTS⁴ Black Raven|Ebony ★

Re: Navigation Disk Upgrade Sale

Save your money.
    All they do is change the year/version number.

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

If the did that it would be fraud....................

Well now I know who make the GM Nav system/radio in the 09, its Alpine.

Line No 1
    Product 22991499
    Description GM Alpine HDD
    Quantity 1
    Item Status Released
    Shipment Date 04-JUN-2013
    Shipped By FEDEX

Merge is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ★ 2009 CTS⁴ Black Raven|Ebony ★

We tried to help you... Oh well.

johnachak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 3.6DI, Crystal Red, Polished aluminun, Bose/Nav

The very first post said the OP already ordered it.

----------

Why would they discontinue updates?

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by johnachak
    The very first post said the OP already ordered it.

----------

CUE is the new kid on the block so our NAV systems have been forgotten.

Z71

Some info

Got the update CD today, Running it now, have to key special code for update to proceed. Takes 3hr and 6 min to complete, have to have key on accessory mode. If you start the engine the process will suspend and start again once engine is off and key in on accessory. Almost 1 hr and at 15% of the map updates. It also included two (2) radio system updates which ran first.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Z71,
    thanks for the update. I think I will do the same ad fork the cash for the update. I am sure the last one....

Quote Originally Posted by Z71
    Some info

Got the update CD today, Running it now, have to key special code for update to proceed. Takes 3hr and 6 min to complete, have to have key on accessory mode. If you start the engine the process will suspend and start again once engine is off and key in on accessory. Almost 1 hr and at 15% of the map updates. It also included two (2) radio system updates which ran first.
    This is where I get ticked off. I shouldn't have to pay for another NAV update again to get an extra update to the radio system unless they are strictly improvements and not fixes. I'd sure like to know what's included in the "radio system update"...that might calm me down. lol

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Quote Originally Posted by johnachak View Post
    If they have to discount them to get them off the shelves, why make moire?

Z71

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    This is where I get ticked off. I shouldn't have to pay for another NAV update again to get an extra update to the radio system unless they are strictly improvements and not fixes. I'd sure like to know what's included in the "radio system update"...that might calm me down. lol
    I never knew there were any radio system updates until it told me on the screen it was updating the radio and that it went thru 2 radio system updates. What it updated is anyones guess. But I always had problems in that the radio would randomly come on by itself. We went out last night and put about 50 miles on car and the radio did not come on. I also notice I got more volume, before I needed to have it at near 3/4 vol to hear it, now its much better. So it must have been small bugs like this that you could call improvements.

I am not trying to sell anyone on this disk. My Nav system was the same as when it was new so I thought, why not.

Here the disk I got..

----------

And if you have an 09 and wondering who makes the system.........................

----------

I alread found one glaring error in the map data though. As soon as the fired up the Nav system for first time it showed map of my home naturally and there in big letters is says "SCHOOLCRAFT TOWNSHIP" but we are not in Schoolcraft TWP, its Torch Lake TWP. So now I got to see this error every dam time I have it zoomed in to less then 1/4 mile.

And the car I installed it in...................

@ Z71- Thanks for the details about the radio update. I know you aren't trying to "sell us" on this NAV update and appreciate the info!

Your disc looks exactly like the one from last year...I also noticed yours says version 2, which is what I got after the whole update issue last year. (the install would fail at 94%) I'm sure it has newer maps/radio update though.

blankster is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI

I may actually go for this one so long as it is not like the disaster of the past upgrades. I would be interested to see if there are any radio firmware upgrades.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

My experience with this release has been very slow route calculation times and for some reason choosing fastest route takes you off 4 lane highways to secondary roads to the point of being annoying. I often use the NAV for routes I know and use the expected time of arrival info for planning. Time and time again it keeps wanting me to go off the main roads where higher speeds are posted and wander thru the countryside on secondary roads and though congested roads loaded with shopping stores and traffic lights. Clearly staying on an interstate that might be a couple of miles longer is advisable when you can travel over 60mph and not sit still at traffic lights. Serious bugs. Will have to take some additional time to review the 3 routes selected to get more detail on the flawed logic of the system. But I still like it overall. As previously posted the NAV got me around an interstate road closure north of D.C. and I still made overall fair travel time. I would not know what or where to go with I-95 closed and loaded with traffic.

denny2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6 DI AWD Red

What is the version number after you update? Does anyone know what the stock map version for a 09 CTS?
    I just bought my CTS used and I am wondering if it has ever been updated before.

Stoneybroke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Sportwagon

I would like to know the current version number also. My 2010 is version 2.5 and data is 1473.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.