Easy way out for washing and waxing - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Easy way out for washing and waxing in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by hauler Yeah. It's the way my father wanted his new 1960 Chrysler washed when I was learning ...
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hauler
    Yeah. It's the way my father wanted his new 1960 Chrysler washed when I was learning to drive. It just stuck with me. I have had cars in primer paint (34 dodge, gto) where that doesn't work, but I tend to keep the cars waxed, and it works for me. The 1966 corvette I owned for 25 years, went coast to coast and border to border on road tours, getting washed in motel parking lots with a motel waste bin full of plain water. It only needed a repaint after 18 years because it was hit in the side.
    Yeah but you will still get those fine scratches in your clear coat

lvdw55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, SUNSET BLUE

Re: Easy way out for washing and waxing

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf 68 View Post
    I even started using a separate rinse bucket along with my soap soap bucket this year for my weekly
    washes. I will say though that I have been using "Zip Wax" Turtle Wax car wash for years and find it works really well!
    I also use Zip Wax in my wash water. That's just for washing, though, and I've used it since I was a teen. That was many, many years ago

NYDockingPilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Not on my CTS either. No way. I always hand wash with lots of water and soap. I also use Pinnacle Brazilian Carnuba after. The black shines ten miles deep.
    My gripe is after washing the car it takes its time shedding water. Even if I use my back pack blower before towel drying, the car slowly drips water down the doors from the moldings. Drives me nuts !! Lol
    Bad ass looking car though all shined up. I love it.

Leaf 68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS - RWD/Perf./BlackRaven

Re: Easy way out for washing and waxing

Quote Originally Posted by lvdw55 View Post
    I also use Zip Wax in my wash water. That's just for washing, though, and I've used it since I was a teen. That was many, many years ago
    Along with Zip Wax car wash, I wax with Meguiar's NXT or Ultimate, three times per year.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.