Onstar Mobile App
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Onstar Mobile App in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just happened to read the INFO page for the Onstar mobile app signon page, it says that in order to ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Onstar Mobile App

Just happened to read the INFO page for the Onstar mobile app signon page, it says that in order to NOT have to keep entering your password at login, check the 'Keep me Logged on' box. Well that doesnt appear to work and as one would infer, you never stay logged on completely with the box checked either. I assume everyone else experiences the same thing when logging on? When they fix the password bug, it would be nice and about time to enhance the app - maybe allow a reset of gas mileage and add mileage since last fill, etc. - some of the display items that show on the DIC for speed and mileage information. If anyone is involved with the ConnectOn survey website, there have been an abundance of suggestions discussed for Onstar so it would be nice for some changes soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hakalugi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Onstar Mobile App

I'm using an iphone5 here. my app remembers the password. at first I didn't want to do that, until I found out it still required the PIN before doing anything important (like starting the car), I launched again, chose it to remember password, and has done so since.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

It keeps me logged in on my iPhone 5. The one improvement in the app that I'd like to see is automatic updates of the data from the car.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hakalugi
    I'm using an iphone5 here. my app remembers the password. at first I didn't want to do that, until I found out it still required the PIN before doing anything important (like starting the car), I launched again, chose it to remember password, and has done so since.
    Ditto that. Mine keeps me logged on both on my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2.

Guess it must be limited to iphone5 or ipad2. I have an iPhone 4S and always enter password and it never keeps me logged on. Others with iPhone 4S have similar issues?

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I have an LG 4G and I am always logged in. No problems except how long it takes to do things. By the way most of the information you are seeking is reported based on the last time you used the car. Air pressure,gas,odometer,mpg, the same things I get on my monthly on* report. You can also update it at anytime.

Just did the recent update to app and what a thrill scrolling thru the license agreement notices. What those lawyers must make writing them. You have to scroll thru all notices before you can use update and still no saved password. But as update indicated, it was primarily for iPhone 5.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jghiller
    Just did the recent update to app and what a thrill scrolling thru the license agreement notices. What those lawyers must make writing them. You have to scroll thru all notices before you can use update and still no saved password. But as update indicated, it was primarily for iPhone 5.
    That's odd. I don't mean to be Captain Obvious, but did you make sure to check the "remember me" box?

Actually you cant uncheck it on my iPhone 4S.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.