Dropped Trans
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Dropped Trans in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Took my car in two weeks ago to repair a hard shifting transmission. They took 10 days and found an ...
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Dropped Trans

Took my car in two weeks ago to repair a hard shifting transmission. They took 10 days and found an internal leak. I picked it up on Thursday and have driven about 100 miles. Last night at 10:00 I left for the airport to get my wife (45 minute drive). As I drove out of the 'hood my tranny gave up the ghost. I coasted to a stop, said some choice words and had to leash up the dog and run the 3/4 mile home to find my wife's keys to her car (that was another p.i.t.a.). Now I have to install my tow ring that I built so the tow jockey doesn't screw up my car and deal with this whole mess all over.

Not happy. Thanks for the rant.

----------

OK, how do I remove the little cover plate on the bumper? Not a word in the manual!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

popacork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Crystal Red

Re: Dropped Trans

Pry the little door off with a small screwdriver. Nothing behind it on mine.

Thanks. Upon closer inspection I saw where the screwdriver is inserted.

30 minutes + on phone with Caddy Roadside Assistance and another 90 minutes (still) waiting for a tow truck.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman

30 minutes + on phone with Caddy Roadside Assistance and another 90 minutes (still) waiting for a tow truck.
    Hope the next visit goes better for you. Best of luck!

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Good Luck Tinman

It's so disappointing when the techs fail to fix it right the first time. Cadillac says they will get it right but they fail to realize the inconvenience they put their customers through with multiple trips to the dealer. Like an idiot I now own two, an 09 premium sedan and a 10 performance wagon. Last month I was at the dealer 4 times and will have another visit when they decide to fix my exhaust. I'm getting that special as I did with my Oldsmobile!

I just put my wagon on a flatbed. I went to install my tow hook and I have no female receiver!!! I am quite unhappy with Cadillac right now. To add insult to injury I talked with Cadillac customer lip service. "Give us your phone # if we get disconnected" so they can call me. We did get disconnected and of course no call back. I will call them a third time. I pity the fool I talk with. I need a car and a ride to work tomorrow.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    I just put my wagon on a flatbed. I went to install my tow hook and I have no female receiver!!! I am quite unhappy with Cadillac right now. To add insult to injury I talked with Cadillac customer lip service. "Give us your phone # if we get disconnected" so they can call me. We did get disconnected and of course no call back. I will call them a third time. I pity the fool I talk with. I need a car and a ride to work tomorrow.
    Unbelievable.......how does one not get totally upset.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Citabria

Good Luck Tinman

It's so disappointing when the techs fail to fix it right the first time. Cadillac says they will get it right but they fail to realize the inconvenience they put their customers through with multiple trips to the dealer. Like an idiot I now own two, an 09 premium sedan and a 10 performance wagon. Last month I was at the dealer 4 times and will have another visit when they decide to fix my exhaust. I'm getting that special as I did with my Oldsmobile!
    Oops. Meant to say say that special FEEL in an Oldsmobile!

So I called Cadillac No Service and asked for a car and /or a ride to work tomorrow. Their response was to have someone pick me up, drive 45 minutes to a rental agency, fill out paperwork and then drive 45 minutes home.

No.

I asked them to deliver a car. No. I asked them to pick me up in the A.M. No. I asked them to arrange a cab. No. I asked if they would pay for my cab ride to the dealer. And the response was, "They would submit to the website for a possible reimbursement".

Superb Service from Cadillac Concierge Service. An absolute waste of over 90 elapsed minutes on the phone. I have received better service from AAA for a fraction of the cost numerous times.

I will have to rethink my position with Cadillac.
    snofun3 and snofun3 like this.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Now that's Cadillac's top notch service we've all come to expect! (end sarcasm)

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    If you dropped the tranny twice in a month, I would really think of getting rid of it before your warranty expires.

Interesting you mentioned that.

I do like this ride. I like a wagon. Now what? TSX wagon? Mercedes at $60k?

If I get a NEW tranny now then I will rethink. Not happy with the French transmission.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Tinman, you've been a positive fixture on this forum since I joined over a year ago. We'd hate to lose you and your experience sounds dreadful. After that experience I would understand, but based on previous posts you seemed to like your CTS, and we'd hate to lose you, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. As a fellow Floridian, I hope I don't have to go through the same thing. When I first got my car, I ran the battery down (I was filling my HDD and left the power on way too long) and couldn't open the door. My first experience with the Cadillac roadside assistance was actually pretty good and they came out right away to my home and took care of the problem. Do what you think is right for you, especially since your warranty may be running out soon, but maybe this experience with the Concierge was an anomaly, and if not get the wagon you want. I would suggest the Volvo, but I just read an article about the company's viability, so the Merc may be the best alternative.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Took my car in two weeks ago to repair a hard shifting transmission. They took 10 days and found an internal leak. I picked it up on Thursday and have driven about 100 miles. Last night at 10:00 I left for the airport to get my wife (45 minute drive). As I drove out of the 'hood my tranny gave up the ghost. I coasted to a stop, said some choice words and had to leash up the dog and run the 3/4 mile home to find my wife's keys to her car (that was another p.i.t.a.). Now I have to install my tow ring that I built so the tow jockey doesn't screw up my car and deal with this whole mess all over.

Not happy. Thanks for the rant.

----------

OK, how do I remove the little cover plate on the bumper? Not a word in the manual!
    Hello tinman,

After reading this thread, I apologize for what you have experienced. I am sorry how you feel about Cadillac right now, I would be frustrated if I were in your position also. If you would like to discuss this further, please private message me. I would like to hear about your issues and experience and work towards a possible solution.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Angelbones, thanks for your kind words. I will give Cadillac the opportunity to redeem themselves. They will have ample opportunity to do such. No Volvo, thanks. Love a Merc E63, though! All it takes is money.

I do enjoy my wagon. I have been seriously looking at rims, but I do believe that I will back off of that notion.

Sigh, to be continued.

----------

I will pm you later, Miss Laura. I am leaving to go to my dealer where they better have a Cadillac waiting for me.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

tinman,
    i feel for you. it must be really frustrating......keep your spirit up, it is just a car....i just hope Cadillac does the right thing for you....
    tinman and tinman like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.