Dropped Trans - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree11Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Dropped Trans in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I agree. Given your history of problems with the transmission, your dissatisfaction with the prior attempts to repair it, your ...
    The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Re: Dropped Trans

I agree. Given your history of problems with the transmission, your dissatisfaction with the prior attempts to repair it, your vocal public complaints and your demand for an entirely new transmission, the extended test was, IMHO, clearly justified. Rather than complaining, I would be pleased at their extra effort.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I haven't complained. I was waiting to see which way the wind was blowing before I made a decision. I know in the back of my head that a major test drive was in order. It seems to be driving just fine now. I only hope it continues.

I appreciate everyone's ideas and support throughout this ordeal. I am relearning my car all over. I got in it this morning and received a phone call and was surprised I had a bluetooth connection!

----------

Many thanks to all of you.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck
    Add me to those who think taking an extended test drive was a very reasonable idea, and they did fill your tank ... but they should have given you a heads-up before they did so.
    Ditto that.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Re: extended test drive.

fwiw, my CTS’ 42,000 total miles include >800 miles of so-called "test drives."

IF your Cadillac dealer is like mine, then a test drive of more than a few miles is cheap perk for dealer service employee who commutes from outlying area; employee leaves personal vehicle at dealership overnight, drives my Cadillac to and from home for one or more days (did he take the gf/wife/kids for a ride, out to dinner, or shopping?). Extended test drives are not performed on the clock during normal business hours; sad, but true.

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

^ In multiple posts Tinman has expressed his anxiety about traveling far from home with wife/grandchildren/elderly parents in this car. I have no issue with the service employee being the beta tester. If he takes his gf/wife/kids for a ride, so be it. JMO

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    I hope your gas tank was empty when you broke down.

They had my car over a month. I can't remember how full it was. Hell, I can't remember yesterday.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    They had my car over a month. I can't remember how full it was. Hell, I can't remember yesterday.
    Allow me to refresh your memory...yesterday I loaned you $100. I'd like you to repay the loan now.

I'd gladly pay you tomorrow...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.