Dropped Trans - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Dropped Trans in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; It stinks that the first repair resulted in the second failure. Hopefully they will get it fixed right this time ...
    C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Dropped Trans

It stinks that the first repair resulted in the second failure. Hopefully they will get it fixed right this time or as you said the fear of reliability issues would keep me from driving outside a reasonable distance from a nearby dealership. I sure hope they get it right this time or I would demand a replacement transmission. I hope it doesn't come to that. Good Luck.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Update:

I just received a telephone call from Lauren from Cadillac. Cadillac what I don't know as she did not take the time to explain other than, "It has been escalated to me".
    "I understand you want a new transmission instead of a repaired one"
    "Honestly", she went on to explain, "usually if we can repair a transmission we will do that".

I tried to tell her that the dealer has had my car a week and...

"I can only take the case from here forward," she interrupted. "I will call you Wednesday".

So I said, "Madam, you do what you have to do. Thank you"

I can see this is nothing but lip service. I will guarantee everyone here that nothing, absolutely nothing, will happen. The dealer will have my transmission buttoned up by Wednesday.

If I am wrong it is beer for everyone (but you have to claim it in person).

At least Laura with customer service did move this in the Cadillac hierarchy.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    Update:

"I can only take the case from here forward," she interrupted. "I will call you Wednesday".
    You know, I understand that in customer service you deal with a lot of angry people and sometimes it's hard to keep a friendly face, but in the end, you are working in customer service... So you either deal with it or get another job.

To me she had an opportunity where her reactions and response could make a positive out of a negative situation or continue to foster negativity.

The fact that she interrupted you and basically ignored your history and bluntly stated that she can only take it forward meant to me that she did the latter (fostered negativity).

She could have been empathetic and tried to get more facts from you. She could have tried to explain (whether you chose to believe it or not) that they would stand behind the repairs and ensure that the rebuilt transmission would be as good as a new one. In the end though she came across as customer friendly and focused as a clerk at the department of motor vehicles. Unfortunate for any car brand much less Cadillac.

It's bad enough that you had a major failure the first time, but in the end things happen. I have had that happen with other cars (even with Toyotas and Acuras), but the fact that it failed again within a week... They should be falling over themselves to make this right or at least make you feel good about it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Update:

I just received a telephone call from Lauren from Cadillac. Cadillac what I don't know as she did not take the time to explain other than, "It has been escalated to me".
    "I understand you want a new transmission instead of a repaired one"
    "Honestly", she went on to explain, "usually if we can repair a transmission we will do that".

So I said, "Madam, you do what you have to do. Thank you"

I can see this is nothing but lip service. I will guarantee everyone here that nothing, absolutely nothing, will happen. The dealer will have my transmission buttoned up by Wednesday.

If I am wrong it is beer for everyone (but you have to claim it in person).

At least Laura with customer service did move this in the Cadillac hierarchy.
    Hello tinman,

Thanks for the update. I looked at your case number again and see that Lauren is contacting the dealership today. She is researching your case on your behalf, which takes time to gather additional information.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Don't hold your breath.
    Come to Tampa and I'll buy you a beer, but we will have to plan the trip so that you are never more than 25 minutes from the closest Cadillac dealer.

Instead of a cab we can ride in a tow truck.

jbdrags is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello dreiloft and The_Judge, I am glad to here about the positivity of your dealership. That is awesome their team hand washes your vehicle when it is in for a service. Great customer care right there

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    My dealer promised the same thing but fails to deliver on numerous occasions. They'll say anything to sell you a car.

Quote Originally Posted by jbdrags View Post
    My dealer promised the same thing but fails to deliver on numerous occasions. They'll say anything to sell you a car.
    I sold cars...once...for a short time as I couldn't play their game. One thing I learned at the stealership: "When their lips are moving, they're lying".

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

This thread got me thinking -- I've purchased 14 new cars from dealerships over the last 44 years: Volkswagen, BMW, Dodge, Toyota (3 cars), Acura, Infiniti (2), Mercedes (3), and Cadillac (2). I'm demanding but realistic, and I try to treat others as I expect them to threat me. I can't think of a single problem that I've had with any of the dealers, all of which treated me with respect, give me good deals on the cars I wanted, and serviced/fixed my cars properly the first time. True, there were a few persistent problems, especially with the Dodge (numerous recalls), but nothing that I believed was deliberate or due to negligence or incompetence. I have to wonder if it's a regional thing (the industry is very competitive in California), or if it has more to do with the way I interact with the sales and service personnel.

It could be a little of both. I usually get along with people as well. My Service Writer, well, some people ou just don't "click" with and he's one of them. It started out when he tried to sell me on the 50,000 mile service package. Included was a valve cleaning service which consisted of a bottle of Techron. I asked him, "Our cars have DI. This will not clean the valves." He didn't like that. His answer: "Cadillac has us say that". I told him that was incorrect and (basically a lie - I can't remember my exact phrasing). So we didn't hit it off as I called his bluff.

Now I get short answers if I get any answers. I get no communication from him and I now don't like him. So, it is hard for me to be nicey-nicey to someone who A) lies and B) doesn't really do his job when they have had my car for a month and me, the mushroom growing in the dark, is getting larger and larger.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    It could be a little of both. I usually get along with people as well. My Service Writer, well, some people ou just don't "click" with and he's one of them. It started out when he tried to sell me on the 50,000 mile service package. Included was a valve cleaning service which consisted of a bottle of Techron. I asked him, "Our cars have DI. This will not clean the valves." He didn't like that. His answer: "Cadillac has us say that". I told him that was incorrect and (basically a lie - I can't remember my exact phrasing). So we didn't hit it off as I called his bluff.

How could Cadillac "make him say that" (rhetorical question)? That money is going right into the dealerships pocket... Not Cadillac. If Cadillac felt that it was needed then I would think it would be a recommended service like changing the oil.

I used to get that with the Acura dealers. With my last car (RL) the service minder would provide a code that corresponded to required service given the the miles and the type of driving that occurred. For example A1 = Oil and filter change, B1 = Oil, filter & differential fluid change, etc. along with various inspections that the dealer did anyway when you took the car in.

Initially the dealers would say, "oh, you need B1 service, that includes a number of inspections, oil change, ......." Or they would say, "do you want the 30K mile service?" Which was inflated with non essential stuff.

I would go in there and just ask for only what the manual stated for the given code (I.e. oil change, tire rotation). I still got the inspections since they did that anyway, and the service was much cheaper since I only got what the manual called for. Eventually the SM figured it out and gave up trying to up sell me.

Update:

Got my car back on Friday. Initially it seems to drive just fine. When I step on the gas she takes right off. don't know if that is because it now selects the proper gear or what. I haven't driven it much and will shake it down this week. Still have concerns over how long it will last. The service tech told me they gave it a good test drive. Yes they did - for 134 miles!

They also discovered a noise in the right rear and they replaced the right rear spindle and gave it a 4 wheel alignment, which was nice. I still am miffed at the 134 mile test drive. That's why I had a full tank of gas.

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I still am miffed at the 134 mile test drive.

I`m sure that the service dept knows that you`re unhappy with this ordeal, and given that the first repair failed in 100 miles, it would seem a reasonable precaution. JMO

If the 134 miles prevents you from having another failure, then let them have it. You probably saved that by not having the car. I know it's the little and in this case the big things that get under your skin, but like I said, if this insures it's fixed then let it slide.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

Add me to those who think taking an extended test drive was a very reasonable idea, and they did fill your tank ... but they should have given you a heads-up before they did so.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.