Dropped Trans - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Dropped Trans in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Although I don't miss my Lexus, I do miss their fantastic service. I'd make an appointment, they'd show up with ...
    jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Although I don't miss my Lexus, I do miss their fantastic service. I'd make an appointment, they'd show up with a brand new RX and take mine away to the dealer. I would then get the phone call from them stating "all went well" every time...I never had a bad experience with them BUT, their cars/SUVs were very boring to own overall.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Re: Dropped Trans

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Tinman, I'm sorry to hear about your transmission troubles. I'm also sorry to hear about Cadillac Customer Service leaving SO MUCH to be desired. Extraordinarily unacceptable.
    You can tell a lot about a company by the way they handle issues such as this. In this case Cadillac certainly earns a "Fail".
    I don't blame you for now looking to a completely other brand of vehicle for your next car. After all these years Cadillac still doesn't understand how to deal with customer issues, and some of the ways (often simple ways) to retain customers. These days, more than ever, customer service is everything. Much of Cadillac's direct competition understand this point very well.
    You guys continue to mix apples and oranges. "Cadillac" as a corporation is NOT, repeat N O T, your independent dealer. It doesn't own the dealerships, it doesn't run them, it doesn't tell them who to hire or what to pay them, it doesn't dictate how or what repairs should be made. Those decisions are all left to the independent, private corporations that own the dealership franchise, and the quality of service varies radically from place to place. Granted, Cadillac/GM can intervene and try to force an individual dealer to do the right thing, but it's simply irrational to blame the entire company for the failings of those who sell and service the cars it makes. If you don't like your dealer or their service personnel, go elsewhere, but don't blame the manufacturer or denigrate its products for the failings of the morons with whom you choose to do business.

I assure you, there are top-notch Cadillac dealers out there that are every bit as good -- and better -- than the Mercedes, Infiniti, Acura, Toyota, and Volkswagen dealers I've dealt with over the last 45 years. Indeed, there's one Mercedes dealership nearby that I will never ever set foot in again.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge
    You guys continue to mix apples and oranges. "Cadillac" as a corporation is NOT, repeat N O T, your independent dealer. It doesn't own the dealerships, it doesn't run them, it doesn't tell them who to hire or what to pay them, it doesn't dictate how or what repairs should be made. Those decisions are all left to the independent, private corporations that own the dealership franchise, and the quality of service varies radically from place to place. Granted, Cadillac/GM can intervene and try to force an individual dealer to do the right thing, but it's simply irrational to blame the entire company for the failings of those who sell and service the cars it makes. If you don't like your dealer or their service personnel, go elsewhere, but don't blame the manufacturer or denigrate its products for the failings of the morons with whom you choose to do business.

I assure you, there are top-notch Cadillac dealers out there that are every bit as good -- and better -- than the Mercedes, Infiniti, Acura, Toyota, and Volkswagen dealers I've dealt with over the last 45 years. Indeed, there's one Mercedes dealership nearby that I will never ever set foot in again.
    As I posted in another thread, every dealer I have ever dealt with takes those follow up surveys seriously. When contacted be brutally honest. I will say that my Acura dealers bent over backwards to satisfy me, but I also dealt with a couple over 20 years that were less than stellar.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge

Agree. I have never had a problem. My dealer hand washes my car when it is in for an oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft View Post

Agree. I have never had a problem. My dealer hand washes my car when it is in for an oil change.
    Hand wash eh? I get the car wash down the street. (at least it gets hand dried) I'm happy with a car wash at that...

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Going from dropped transmissions to hand jobs? I haven't even gotten a hand job from my dealer!

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft View Post
    Same here -- every time the car is in the shop for any reason, the dealer's crew washes it and dries it before returning it to me. As for loaners, I always get a current model Cadillac to drive, although not always a CTS, and they're always washed and clean inside.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    Same here -- every time the car is in the shop for any reason, the dealer's crew washes it and dries it before returning it to me. As for loaners, I always get a current model Cadillac to drive, although not always a CTS, and they're always washed and clean inside.
    Hello dreiloft and The_Judge, I am glad to here about the positivity of your dealership. That is awesome their team hand washes your vehicle when it is in for a service. Great customer care right there

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Yeah but not for all, which reflects on the individual dealerships....

Update:

Service Tech just told me the seal which is by the Direct Clutch Piston has been cut again. This is the second time it has happened. They will replace the seal (again), the Direct Clutch Piston itself, the Drum and the Spacers. My Service Tech could not answer any questions about what these parts do and/or why they failed.

Does anyone here know about our trans and the whys and wherefores? Is this from revving it out in manumatic? I did not rev her hard after I received my car back after the first rebuild, so I am at a loss as to the cause. Who can shed light on this topic? Crappy parts (my belief)? Crappy craftsmanship (a possibility that cannot be ruled out at this time)?

amunderdog is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Going from dropped transmissions to hand jobs? I haven't even gotten a hand job from my dealer!
    Did you at least get a reach around?

Oh, yeah, they turned me right over.

Richard MacGregor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Got our CTS Sportwagon...it is a vote for the home team!

Tinman,

I'd never heard of one of transmissions fail until now. This unit was used in the last gen 3 series BMW too I've been told.

My car is the identical twin brother of your car. (a Diamond white Y43, right?) I'm hoping that the transmission fairs better than yours did. Was it due to 3000 passes down the dragstrip that cut its life short? Did you use it to pull a space shuttle through the city?

My problem that I'm going to try to have repaired forever, is the positraction clutchpack shudder. When cold, when backing out of the garage and doing a sharp turn, it bangs and pops. If I drive the car in to the dealer warmed up, they cannot duplicate it. I told them this time I'd let it sit overnight so that they could have a chance to experience what I feel. They will want to change the oil, that lasts maybe 3 months before the malody returns. Where I was going with this highjack is to ask if your rear axle has been silent?

My ace in the hole, that the service department is unaware of, is relationship. My buddy's wife is the cousin of the owner's wife and my connection to the dealer. I've never played this card before but it is there.

Hope that your car is whole oncemore!

Richard

rspreng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Sedan RWD Radiant Silver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Update:

Service Tech just told me the seal which is by the Direct Clutch Piston has been cut again. This is the second time it has happened. They will replace the seal (again), the Direct Clutch Piston itself, the Drum and the Spacers. My Service Tech could not answer any questions about what these parts do and/or why they failed.

Does anyone here know about our trans and the whys and wherefores? Is this from revving it out in manumatic? I did not rev her hard after I received my car back after the first rebuild, so I am at a loss as to the cause. Who can shed light on this topic? Crappy parts (my belief)? Crappy craftsmanship (a possibility that cannot be ruled out at this time)?
    No telling what would cause it w/o pics. Could be a small burr on the shaft/piston, could have been knicked during install, or a defective seal to begin with. It sucks it is the same part and who knows if what you have been told is really the issue.

Thanks, Richard.

I haven't heard anything from my rear diff. I just read a TSB on that two days ago, and I copied it and put the paper in my file. If you need it it is #10-04-21-001B: Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns (Drain/Refill Rear Differential Fluid)-(Apr 21, 2010). Subject: Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns (Drain/Refill Rear Differential Fluid)

By the way, I have the entire thing printed out.

And, no, I haven't ragged my machine. I have some fun with it, but I haven't had any real fun with it yet. My drives are usually during rush hour, and the only jollies I get are entrance ramps and merging.

----------

rspreng, I agree. They had to order parts, and those are the one they ordered. Was the seal incorrectly installed? Was it defective? Were there other defective parts, the ones they ordered? Did they just reinstall the original seal? Was it a moron installing it ( Hey Judge! Where is that Moron Detector App?).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.