Rare Sighting
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Rare Sighting in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; While coming home today I met a - probably 12 CTS Coupe with Perf. or Premium package with the Mocha ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Rare Sighting

While coming home today I met a - probably 12 CTS Coupe with Perf. or Premium package with the Mocha Steel Metallic color! Rare enough to see a Coupe but to see one with the Mocha Steel color(not available after 2012) just like mine was a thrill! Cant be sure of year but I suspect it was a 2012; I think Mocha was only available in 2012. And it at least had the Perf. package with fog lamps but dont know if it was a Premium model as mine. Too bad the driver was a poker and got way behind but they do live in my neighborhood so I guess I will need to hunt around for it(kidding).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Re: Rare Sighting

Speaking of rare sightings. I saw a Gold coupe about a month ago. No offense to anyone who has one but they are horrendous looking, and I can't imagine a dealer or individual ordering a coupe in that color. On the flip side, I always liked the Opulent Blue Metallic on the coupe, and this week, I saw probably only the second one I've ever seen on the street in the past year. I did see a CTS-V in blue at the dealer but that doesn't count, although it looked incredible. The Opulent Blue (not to be confused with the Glacier Blue which looks a powder puff blue) seems to be made for the V models. BTW, with all those colors, pictures are deceiving and you really have to see it in person. I'm not personally crazy about the Mocha, but I will admit it looks better in person than photos I've seen.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbones
    Speaking of rare sightings. I saw a Gold coupe about a month ago. No offense to anyone who has one but they are horrendous looking, and I can't imagine a dealer or individual ordering a coupe in that color. On the flip side, I always liked the Opulent Blue Metallic on the coupe, and this week, I saw probably only the second one I've ever seen on the street in the past year. I did see a CTS-V in blue at the dealer but that doesn't count, although it looked incredible. The Opulent Blue (not to be confused with the Glacier Blue which looks a powder puff blue) seems to be made for the V models. BTW, with all those colors, pictures are deceiving and you really have to see it in person. I'm not personally crazy about the Mocha, but I will admit it looks better in person than photos I've seen.
    Our dealer is stuck with several caddies with that ugly gold color. (CTS & ATS summer gold) I too hope no one takes offense but it's THE WORST COLOR I've ever seen. (except for the pink Mary Kay caddies)

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Re: Rare Sighting

I was browsing the Gen III forum and someone posted an article that I'll repost here. For 2014, they're getting rid of the gold, the glacier blue, Thunder Gray, and a surprise to me, the Crystal Red (a surprise not because I own one, but because it's a pretty popular color). They're also adding three new colors though: Red Obsession, Phantom Gray, and Majestic Plum (those should be interesting). Anyway here's the article:
    http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/05/...s-rpo-central/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.