Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Nice article on Cadillac

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BreakingThrough 
#1 ·
G
#2 ·
That was strange for me to read because I am used to them constantly getting slammed by the media along with the usual article that has to remind the reader of some mistake or quality problem GM had in a car that was made before I was born hehe

That coupe model looks almost exactly like one of the small model Cadillac's in their design studio that I posted a few months ago

#3 ·
CTSCHICK said:
That was strange for me to read because I am used to them constantly getting slammed by the media along with the usual article that has to remind the reader of some mistake or quality problem GM had in a car that was made before I was born hehe

That coupe model looks almost exactly like one of the small model Cadillac's in their design studio that I posted a few months ago
I am doing my own independent comparison. I keep all my service records and went through those on my last Acura and listed each visit for either service and warranty work by miles and I am doing the same with my CTS coupe to objectively compare my experiences. So far the CTS has fared slightly better than my Acura RL, but after 17K miles it's still a bit early.

#4 ·
Interesting and/or odd that the article is about the sedan but they chose to show a rendering of a coupe which may or may not come to fruition. Not looking for a bigger car than I have now which the new CTS will be, but as objectively as I can possibly be, I like the 2011-2013 coupe better. The 2nd Gen has sleeker lines and lower roof. The new one is not something I would definitively rule out, because I do like the LEDs and front end better and I'm sure the technology is better, but based solely on looks, I'm happy with what I have now.

As noted, though, I like that they put a positive spin on GM and Cadillac.

#5 ·
As noted, though, I like that they put a positive spin on GM and Cadillac.
Luckily, not much spin is needed right now to portray Cadillac in a good light. Sales have been up for 11 straight months, at times up almost 50% year over year, there's new product on the streets (ATS, XTS, refreshed SRX), and a ton more in the pipeline ('14 CTS, Vsport XTS, ELR, new Escalade, ATS-V, ATS Coupe -- and that's just in the next two years or so).

I really think we're just at the beginning of a big upswing for Cadillac. I'm a big car geek, and a geek focused on the day-to-day auto industry, rather than just the exotics. It's like following a (slow-moving) sports league. And Team Cadillac is looking stronger than it has since the late '70s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.