Trunk Light over license plate
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Trunk Light over license plate in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Does anyone have a solution to STOP the light fixture that is installed in the truck over the license plate ...
    tjbennett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Performance Coupe

Trunk Light over license plate

Does anyone have a solution to STOP the light fixture that is installed in the truck over the license plate from falling out!!! I have had my 2012 CTS Coupe for less than a year and now both fixtures have fallen out. The left side fell out last fall and I had it replaced and now the right side fell out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Trunk Light over license plate

Quote Originally Posted by tjbennett View Post
    Does anyone have a solution to STOP the light fixture that is installed in the truck over the license plate from falling out!!! I have had my 2012 CTS Coupe for less than a year and now both fixtures have fallen out. The left side fell out last fall and I had it replaced and now the right side fell out.
    Hello tjbennett,

I am sorry you are having difficulties with your vehicle light fixture. Are you taking your vehicle in to have the right side replaced? Please reach out to me via private message with other questions or concerns!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Epoxy and duct tape can fix just about anything worth fixing.

I stopped by the dealership at lunch today, they said they started to carry them in stock because this has been happening (regularly I take it). But unfortunately not for the coupe. Anyway they ordered it and can install Tuesday at lunch for me. Have to admit this is one of the nicest dealerships I've been to. They actually take care of the customer.....

I stopped by the dealership at lunch today, they said they started to carry them in stock because this has been happening (regularly I take it). But unfortunately not for the coupe. Anyway they ordered it and can install Tuesday at lunch for me. Have to admit this is one of the nicest dealerships I've been to. They actually take care of the customer.....
    Hello tjbennett,

I’m happy to hear that you had a good dealership experience! Keep us updated on Tuesday to let us know if your trunk light was installed to your satisfaction! Thanks!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

Not a problem on my 2011 Coupe

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Add my coupe as another one that has had this issue. I showed the dealer, who popped it back into place, and said, "there it's fixed." Not sure if that's acceptable or not, but it hasn't happened since it was popped back in a couple months ago. He did say that popping it back in is the only solution, so who knows.

I wish it was that easy! I think I could figure out that just popping it back in would "fix" it, but after you pop it back in and it FALLS back out, I think it's broke. My dealer said that they started keeping the light sockets on hand because I wasn't the only one that has had that problem. Anyway, going up today at lunch to have it replaced.

I wish it was that easy! I think I could figure out that just popping it back in would "fix" it, but after you pop it back in and it FALLS back out, I think it's broke. My dealer said that they started keeping the light sockets on hand because I wasn't the only one that has had that problem. Anyway, going up today at lunch to have it replaced.
    Hi tjbennett,

I am sorry you are experiencing this difficulty with your vehicle trunk light. Hope to hear good news after your dealership visit!

Regards,

Laura M.

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    Add my coupe as another one that has had this issue. I showed the dealer, who popped it back into place, and said, "there it's fixed." Not sure if that's acceptable or not, but it hasn't happened since it was popped back in a couple months ago. He did say that popping it back in is the only solution, so who knows.
    Hi angelbones,

Glad to hear the dealership was able to resolve this issue for you. After two months with no symptoms of the issue occurring again is a great sign. I hope it stays this way for you! Reach out to us if you have other questions or concerns you would like to discuss.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Well after a trip to the dealership at lunch.....all fixed

Cadillac Dealerships are AWSOME!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.