Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Trunk Light over license plate

  1. #1
    tjbennett's Avatar
    tjbennett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Performance Coupe
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    29

    Trunk Light over license plate

    Does anyone have a solution to STOP the light fixture that is installed in the truck over the license plate from falling out!!! I have had my 2012 CTS Coupe for less than a year and now both fixtures have fallen out. The left side fell out last fall and I had it replaced and now the right side fell out.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Detroit, USA
    Posts
    12,711

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    Quote Originally Posted by tjbennett View Post
    Does anyone have a solution to STOP the light fixture that is installed in the truck over the license plate from falling out!!! I have had my 2012 CTS Coupe for less than a year and now both fixtures have fallen out. The left side fell out last fall and I had it replaced and now the right side fell out.
    Hello tjbennett,

    I am sorry you are having difficulties with your vehicle light fixture. Are you taking your vehicle in to have the right side replaced? Please reach out to me via private message with other questions or concerns!

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  4. #3
    The_Judge's Avatar
    The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, California
    Posts
    1,529

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    Epoxy and duct tape can fix just about anything worth fixing.

  5. #4
    tjbennett's Avatar
    tjbennett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Performance Coupe
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    29

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    I stopped by the dealership at lunch today, they said they started to carry them in stock because this has been happening (regularly I take it). But unfortunately not for the coupe. Anyway they ordered it and can install Tuesday at lunch for me. Have to admit this is one of the nicest dealerships I've been to. They actually take care of the customer.....

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Detroit, USA
    Posts
    12,711

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    Quote Originally Posted by tjbennett View Post
    I stopped by the dealership at lunch today, they said they started to carry them in stock because this has been happening (regularly I take it). But unfortunately not for the coupe. Anyway they ordered it and can install Tuesday at lunch for me. Have to admit this is one of the nicest dealerships I've been to. They actually take care of the customer.....
    Hello tjbennett,

    I’m happy to hear that you had a good dealership experience! Keep us updated on Tuesday to let us know if your trunk light was installed to your satisfaction! Thanks!

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  7. #6
    MotownPimp's Avatar
    MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Age
    74
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    Not a problem on my 2011 Coupe

  8. #7
    angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    50
    Posts
    419

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    Add my coupe as another one that has had this issue. I showed the dealer, who popped it back into place, and said, "there it's fixed." Not sure if that's acceptable or not, but it hasn't happened since it was popped back in a couple months ago. He did say that popping it back in is the only solution, so who knows.

  9. #8
    tjbennett's Avatar
    tjbennett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Performance Coupe
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    29

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    I wish it was that easy! I think I could figure out that just popping it back in would "fix" it, but after you pop it back in and it FALLS back out, I think it's broke. My dealer said that they started keeping the light sockets on hand because I wasn't the only one that has had that problem. Anyway, going up today at lunch to have it replaced.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Detroit, USA
    Posts
    12,711

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    Quote Originally Posted by tjbennett View Post
    I wish it was that easy! I think I could figure out that just popping it back in would "fix" it, but after you pop it back in and it FALLS back out, I think it's broke. My dealer said that they started keeping the light sockets on hand because I wasn't the only one that has had that problem. Anyway, going up today at lunch to have it replaced.
    Hi tjbennett,

    I am sorry you are experiencing this difficulty with your vehicle trunk light. Hope to hear good news after your dealership visit!

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Detroit, USA
    Posts
    12,711

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    Add my coupe as another one that has had this issue. I showed the dealer, who popped it back into place, and said, "there it's fixed." Not sure if that's acceptable or not, but it hasn't happened since it was popped back in a couple months ago. He did say that popping it back in is the only solution, so who knows.
    Hi angelbones,

    Glad to hear the dealership was able to resolve this issue for you. After two months with no symptoms of the issue occurring again is a great sign. I hope it stays this way for you! Reach out to us if you have other questions or concerns you would like to discuss.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  12. #11
    tjbennett's Avatar
    tjbennett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Performance Coupe
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    29

    Re: Trunk Light over license plate

    Well after a trip to the dealership at lunch.....all fixed

    Cadillac Dealerships are AWSOME!!!!


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum