Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Problem installing K&N air filter in 2011 CTS 3.0

11CTS30 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.0 Performance

Problem installing K&N air filter in 2011 CTS 3.0

I have attempted to install a K&N filter but, I am unable to get the tabs on the airbox to engage properly, as a result the box won't close properly. I did review the pix and instructions on this site and another tech site. Still couldn't get it done. I called K&N
    they verified part nbr. and suggested trying to install in lid first. That did not work.
    Any similar experiences or help? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ultimate_ed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Re: Problem installing K&N air filter in 2011 CTS 3.0

I am actually getting ready to clean my filter this morning, so I was searching for the instruction post that I wrote up for it. I assume that the 3.0 has the same air box as the 3.6, but I can't confirm that.

I do recall after rereading my notes that getting those tabs back in is a bit of a bear.

You probably already saw it, but here's the link to my original post:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ir-filter.html

I'll see if I can discover anything new when I go through the process this morning.

ultimate_ed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Re: Problem installing K&N air filter in 2011 CTS 3.0

And, it's done. There's a coolant overflow hose that runs between the airbox cover and the fender. It was definitely easier for me to get the three tabs in after I lifted the hose out of the way. Had to squeeze a bit to get the hose back in after the cover was buttoned down, but certainly doable.