Help decide please!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Help decide please! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello, I am currently in the process of purchasing a used cadillac cts; I have two options thus far. Option ...
    Karn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help decide please!

Hello, I am currently in the process of purchasing a used cadillac cts; I have two options thus far.
    Option one:
    2011 Cadillac cts http://www.igburtonchevymilford.com/...-DE/1934347853
    -AWD
    -28k miles
    -Minor scuffs on headlight and below headlight, which I am sure they will clear up in the car detail/buffing process. That is what I am hoping.
    -Has 2 year/22k miles warranty left.
    -single exhaust
    -Rear view camera in rearview mirror
    27k OTD.

Option two: http://www.colemancaddy.com/VehicleD...-NJ/1971812853
    2010 cadillac cts
    -AWD
    -34k miles
    -It is two hours away so I am not sure what the condition is but is noted as excellent by the dealer
    -has 8months/16k miles warranty left
    -Dual exhaust
    -25k OTD

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

Re: Help decide please!

You should be able to get more information than that. From what I understand underneath the spare tire cover is printed all the info on the car. Also, if you're going through a dealer they should give you all of the info on the car.

Sorry forgot to include links to the cars. There you go! that might help

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

I notice that neither dealer lists any options. Also, both dealers under the standard equipment heading have printed that the sound system is "upgradeable to the UAV audio system with navigation". The place in Milford has listed under overview that it has a navigation system. I don't understand what the upgradeable language means. I would get that straight. Coleman has the color as Vanilla Latte and the other dealer doesn't list a color. I had a White Diamond and I loved it but I don't know what Vanilla Latte is. You'll have to search the forum to see what the 3.0 engine is like or drive it and see if you like it. I've never had anything but the 3.6. That should give you something to get started with.

links are there

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

For some reason, I couldn't view photos on either site. However, IMO, I say you go for the 2011 because you're going to get an extra 1+ years of warranty, and that would be worth any additional cost over the 2010. Of course, if they are optioned differently then my opinion might change, as I'm basing my choice on an apples to apples comparison.

2011 is optioned better than the 2010. other than the minor scuffs on the headlights and below headlights it is a nice car. Also, I am not sure about a single exhaust! I was also telling myself the extra 2 year warranty and premium care for 2 years should be worth enough by itself to go with the 2011

jghiller is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Radio upgradeable to UAV??? Have him do this for you and then you would buy. Have not heard of anyone or dealer offerring to upgrade a radio to UAV. Many folks on this site have spent endless time trying to do it themselves. Both models are luxury so dont expect to get many options. They are probably leased vehicles that were brought back at end of lease. A lot of dealers sell the base model for leases. IMO

where did you read the radio portion? He didn't offer me the radio upgrade at all

----------

Okay, nvm dealer just copy/pasted factors list. The dealer in milford said it has navigation.. But they didn't specify it was ON STAR NAVIGATION!. anyways the dealer from milford gave me the car for a few days so I am currently enjoying the heck out of it. It has minor scuffs on the headlights and below the headlights. and on the chrome panel on the driver side entrance.. I just need to get the dealer to do a paint detail and maybe ask for a tint deal and floormats

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Karn
    where did you read the radio portion? He didn't offer me the radio upgrade at all

----------

Okay, nvm dealer just copy/pasted factors list. The dealer in milford said it has navigation.. But they didn't specify it was ON STAR NAVIGATION!. anyways the dealer from milford gave me the car for a few days so I am currently enjoying the heck out of it. It has minor scuffs on the headlights and below the headlights. and on the chrome panel on the driver side entrance.. I just need to get the dealer to do a paint detail and maybe ask for a tint deal and floormats
    I strongly recommend the premium model...you won't regret it! Personally, I've purchased too many cars that aren't "fully loaded" and have regretted that decision every time except for this one as it is the premium model

I don't believe either model you were looking at was a premium so go for whatever your heart tells you and good luck!

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

I might have missed something but both dealers write on their respective websites that there are 3.0L fuel injection. If I'm not mistaken, the 3.0L has always been with direct injection? Might just be a generic mistyping...

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...r_id=341315641 So here is another contender! Maybe I can talk the dealer down to $27k OTD if so that would be fantastic considering it is a premium. However, only one thing I despise is that it has black seats.. I wish they were same as these cadillacs

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Karn
    http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...r_id=341315641 So here is another contender! Maybe I can talk the dealer down to $27k OTD if so that would be fantastic considering it is a premium. However, only one thing I despise is that it has black seats.. I wish they were same as these cadillacs
    Now that one is nice...looks like it's in great shape and is well equipped! I have the black interior and wouldn't turn back for any reason. This is only the second car I've had with a dark interior and noticed it doesn't show wear and tear/dirt as much as the lighter interiors. I'd recommend it myself. Personally, I don't like red cars but that one is a looker

Black'10CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '08 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '00 STS

Oh go for the Red one!!! It has the premium package which makes a difference in options.

Some things to notice:
    That one has the Nav system with the full touch screen that lifts up from the dash and a 40 GB hard drive to store all your music on, the white cars have the base radio with push button and there is no nav screen or hard drive.

The red one has the 3.6L engine and the white ones have the 3.0L

The red one has the proximity key fob so you never take the key fob out of your pocket, you can tell this by looking closely at the picture of the steering wheel, that big chrome looking key is actually permanently mounted in the car and wont turn on till it senses the key fob in your pocket. Both the white ones have standard keys.

Red one had ventilated seats, hit the button and fans cool the seats down, those buttons are missing from the others.

Lastly, the red one looks pretty cool!

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I currently have a wagon with 3.6, nav/sirius/40GB rear wheel drive. I have been in a loaner car for a week with std. radio, no nav, 3.0.

A HUGE difference! I would never buy a 3.0 as well as the low end radio/nav system.

Lots of unhappy people with AWD on the forum, too. Seek out more info on AWD before you buy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.