Help decide please! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Help decide please! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I am returning the demo vehicle today.. It feels like I am giving a piece of mine to the dealership... ...
    Karn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Help decide please!

I am returning the demo vehicle today.. It feels like I am giving a piece of mine to the dealership... Our relationship escalated too fast; no one would of thought the things would be this serious in a matter of few days! Man, I am going to miss this caddy if I don't get this! Good bye vanilla! *On the other note, still waiting for this weekend to see dealership's paint touch ups to make my decisions.* Has anyone been happy with dealer paint touchups? I have never myself had to get a car touched up as I am fairly good not getting my car scratched this bad.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

You can only wait and see. It sounds as if the wait will be difficult. Try your best to keep the emotion out of it and be objective!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Karn View Post
    I am returning the demo vehicle today.. It feels like I am giving a piece of mine to the dealership... Our relationship escalated too fast; no one would of thought the things would be this serious in a matter of few days! Man, I am going to miss this caddy if I don't get this! Good bye vanilla! *On the other note, still waiting for this weekend to see dealership's paint touch ups to make my decisions.* Has anyone been happy with dealer paint touchups? I have never myself had to get a car touched up as I am fairly good not getting my car scratched this bad.
    Hello Karn,

This must be an exciting time for you, waiting to purchase your Cadillac! I know your anticipation must be high, waiting to see the vehicle touched up. Let us know what you decide, and post a picture of the beauty once you purchase, good luck!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Black'10CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '08 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '00 STS

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    What's snow?
    oh... now that... that was just mean.

I moved from the frozen tundra...and I know you have a reliable vehicle...come on down.
    Black'10CTS4 and Black'10CTS4 like this.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

It's near the end of the month. Go look at the car and if the dealer still won't budge, walk away. Before the 31st you will have that car in your garage. Go for the extra options.
    tinman, tinman, MoFex and 1 others like this.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Karn,
    Hold that dealer's feet to the fire for your price. Hit him with the following:

The car has been listed for 86 days
    They were asking $29,249 on Mar 16 then dropped to $28,654 May 1 and are at $28,156 Today

Look that car up on http://www.cargurus.com and you can see these details. Point out that the end of the month is coming and it would be in their best interest to not carry the car in inventory over another month-end. Offer $27K and move up to 27.5K if needed, but you should be able to at least get them to that price. It's been sitting with them for 3 months now....how much longer do they want to carry that car in inventory?
    angelbones and angelbones like this.

Excellent advice HurstGN

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

I strongly agree! I have owned a ton of vehicles that were middle of the line loaded and my coupe is the first one I got loaded to the brim. With the CTS it definitely pays to get the premium trim line as you get great options such as; HID headlights, LED pipe lights, real leather seats, Navigation, and memory seating etc. I will forever get the best package on any future vehicles as I feel they offer the most enjoyment and bragging rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    I strongly recommend the premium model...you won't regret it! Personally, I've purchased too many cars that aren't "fully loaded" and have regretted that decision every time except for this one as it is the premium model

I don't believe either model you were looking at was a premium so go for whatever your heart tells you and good luck!

----------

Awesome! Screw that down the street stuff eh!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    Demo huh? The dealer I purchased my CTS from was not a Cadillac dealer and only let me drive it down the street. (I kept going anyway...lol)

----------

Memories. My second favorite car was my 2005 Velocity Red RX-8 6-speed manual that I bought brand new. I know the Rotary engine gets slammed for having low torque numbers but I can honestly say there is not a smoother engine in the world that can spin up to 9000 RPM so effortlessly. My only regret with that car was not buying the GT trim line as mine was a base model. If Mazda was able to release that car with around 275 Horsepower (not 238 Horsepower) and less reliability issues that car would've been a massive hit for Mazda!
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    ***Off Topic***

The most fun I ever had on a test drive was when my son was looking at hot hatches about 5 years ago. He is a good driver. We went to try a RX8 and the three of us hopped in. The salesman said go ahead and drive it how you want to. My son did. This guy was white when we were done. I was laughing my butt off in the back seat.
    tinman and tinman like this.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    I strongly agree! I have owned a ton of vehicles that were middle of the line loaded and my coupe is the first one I got loaded to the brim. With the CTS it definitely pays to get the premium trim line as you get great options such as; HID headlights, LED pipe lights, real leather seats, Navigation, and memory seating etc. I will forever get the best package on any future vehicles as I feel they offer the most enjoyment and bragging rights.

I can't disagree about the Premium trim, but a great way to save money is to get the Performance model with Luxury Performance package. It includes all upgrades the Premium has minus the Nav system. Since I didn't care about having the NAV, that was perfect for me, and as a bonus I actually get MORE space for my music on the HDD than if I had the Nav system. I also would not have gotten one if it didn't at least have that option.

----------

Memories. My second favorite car was my 2005 Velocity Red RX-8 6-speed manual that I bought brand new. I know the Rotary engine gets slammed for having low torque numbers but I can honestly say there is not a smoother engine in the world that can spin up to 9000 RPM so effortlessly. My only regret with that car was not buying the GT trim line as mine was a base model. If Mazda was able to release that car with around 275 Horsepower (not 238 Horsepower) and less reliability issues that car would've been a massive hit for Mazda!
    Also had to comment since you brought it up. One of my favorite cars I owned was a 2005 Shinka edition RX-8. The only year with the Dark Black Cherry color (much darker than the Cadillac version) and loaded interior trim). One of the best handling cars I've ever owned or driven. I may still have owned it, if it had a little more power (and the fact that I didn't love the CTS coupe so much). I had it for about 60,000 miles and never had reliability issues with it and I loved revving it to 8-9000 rpm. The dealer recommended it because that's the only way that car gets real power is to keep the revs up. I digress, but I had to share since others have experienced that car.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

A little off topic but it's the end of the month. How did you make out with the dealer and the car?

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Hello Angelbones:

I am glad to hear about your limited production Shinka RX-8, those were by far the best RX-8's ever!!! I still remember gushing all over one of those at the 2005 car show, and I'll never forget how the paint appeared to change color under the bright lights. When I said I regretted not buying my RX-8 as a GT model, I really meant I wanted a Shinka!!!

I have heard the Rx-8 got a revised series 2 1.3 renesis starting from 2009-2013. Apparently they are far more durable/reliable than series 1 from 2004-2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    Also had to comment since you brought it up. One of my favorite cars I owned was a 2005 Shinka edition RX-8. The only year with the Dark Black Cherry color (much darker than the Cadillac version) and loaded interior trim). One of the best handling cars I've ever owned or driven. I may still have owned it, if it had a little more power (and the fact that I didn't love the CTS coupe so much). I had it for about 60,000 miles and never had reliability issues with it and I loved revving it to 8-9000 rpm. The dealer recommended it because that's the only way that car gets real power is to keep the revs up. I digress, but I had to share since others have experienced that car.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Well, that one that was loaded and on the lot for 3 months shows as no longer available today. Hopefully the OP made a good deal and we'll hear about it here soon.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by HurstGN View Post
    Well, that one that was loaded and on the lot for 3 months shows as no longer available today. Hopefully the OP made a good deal and we'll hear about it here soon.
    I hope he keeps us posted too...

Karn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Woo totally forgot about the forums since I picked up my car a week ago! I was work out a deal and got it for 28.2K w/o TTL. He fixed most of the blemishes and repainted the bumper... Now I am looking for a chrome license plate holder and a chrome cadillac plate to replace the hideous dealer plate in the front! What you guys think about the ones below!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1T0VEFK4F7RX4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ACCURP5LDW6Z8

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.