Bad Timing for Onstar
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Bad Timing for Onstar in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Nearing the end of my first year of free D&C plan and for the first time I called Onstar to ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Bad Timing for Onstar

Nearing the end of my first year of free D&C plan and for the first time I called Onstar to get directions downloaded to my car(NAV). Called once and they said directions will be sent; called second time to find out why no directions downloaded. They saw the previous request and said it would be downloaded again. And again no directions sent to car. Sure looking like Safe and Sound is where I am headed for the coming year.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: Bad Timing for Onstar

Never had Onstar subscription. Now I really want it! Nice action on their part.

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

jghiller,

Sorry to hear about your experience with OnStar directions. I would like to research what happened and ensure everything is properly connected. Can you please send me a PM with the details and your account information. Thanks!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Jessica - tried to send PM. You need to clean out your message queue - no room to receive my message at your end.

jghiller

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Jessica - tried to send PM. You need to clean out your message queue - no room to receive my message at your end.

jghiller
    jghiller,

Sorry about that, while I work to get this resolved can you send me your information here instead? http://bit.ly/10XAM43

I will review your account and contact you on Tuesday. Thanks!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

[QUOTE=OnStar Advisor;3338690]jghiller,

Sorry about that, while I work to get this resolved can you send me your information here instead? http://bit.ly/10XAM43

Jessica,

I have called Onstar a few times to get directions sent to my NAV. Primarily this was done because Mapquest service was sending directions to my Turn by Turn instead of my NAV. Never had a problem getting directions sent. Just had problems getting them sent to NAV. As I recall the directions came immediately before I could do anything. So hanging up the call didnt enter into the process.
    Yesterdays calls - The initial call went fine and I was told the directions would be sent. I then hung up the connection. Nothing happened. I called a second time and explained that I hadnt gotten the directions from first call. Onstar advisor saw the direction request in my 'queue' and said they would be sent. Dont recall if I hung up again. Probably did. No instructions to do anything specific were given by either Onstar rep.
    I called Onstar today(next day) to find out what was happening and why this wasnt working. Onstar rep said to make sure I dont end the call. That was the reason I wasnt getting the directions downloaded.
    As I said, in previous requests I didnt remember having to decide whether to end the call or just wait, or if I was told to just wait for the download and do nothing. Downloads began quickly so there was nothing for me to do. Yesterdays problems were a kind of timing issue. I had time to act(hang up), before directions came. All other calls had directions sent quickly before I could do anything.
    Maybe something the reps should remember to tell users - dont touch anything - download will start shortly and it will end the call when directions are downloaded. And DONT HANG UP. Although you would think the system would retry the download but I guess it doesnt. From what I remember in past downloads, I think the rep explained the process in more detail. Yesterdays calls the rep just went off the line and nothing happened, leaving me to guess what to do next.
    Thats the story.

jghiller/John Hiller

It's all about customer no-service.

kapones is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 DI, WDT

And I wasn't a big fan when they started to add the script to the beginning of the call, asking you if you wanted to speak to a live operator. Of course I do. Glad they got rid of that.

[QUOTE=jghiller;3340226]
    Quote Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
    jghiller,

Jessica,

I have called Onstar a few times to get directions sent to my NAV. Primarily this was done because Mapquest service was sending directions to my Turn by Turn instead of my NAV. Never had a problem getting directions sent. Just had problems getting them sent to NAV. As I recall the directions came immediately before I could do anything. So hanging up the call didnt enter into the process.
    Yesterdays calls - The initial call went fine and I was told the directions would be sent. I then hung up the connection. Nothing happened. I called a second time and explained that I hadnt gotten the directions from first call. Onstar advisor saw the direction request in my 'queue' and said they would be sent. Dont recall if I hung up again. Probably did. No instructions to do anything specific were given by either Onstar rep.
    I called Onstar today(next day) to find out what was happening and why this wasnt working. Onstar rep said to make sure I dont end the call. That was the reason I wasnt getting the directions downloaded.
    As I said, in previous requests I didnt remember having to decide whether to end the call or just wait, or if I was told to just wait for the download and do nothing. Downloads began quickly so there was nothing for me to do. Yesterdays problems were a kind of timing issue. I had time to act(hang up), before directions came. All other calls had directions sent quickly before I could do anything.
    Maybe something the reps should remember to tell users - dont touch anything - download will start shortly and it will end the call when directions are downloaded. And DONT HANG UP. Although you would think the system would retry the download but I guess it doesnt. From what I remember in past downloads, I think the rep explained the process in more detail. Yesterdays calls the rep just went off the line and nothing happened, leaving me to guess what to do next.
    Thats the story.

jghiller/John Hiller
    jghiller,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention John! I’m sorry that happened and I will be sure to pass this along. We are always looking for ways to improve your experience with OnStar and we appreciate the feedback from our subscribers. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Jessica,

What should have happened? Is it correct that by me hanging up I lost the download? It doesnt retry if this is done? Should the Onstar rep have told me to leave the line open for the download?

John,

While speaking to an advisor via the OnStar button there is a direct connection to send signals to the vehicle. Once located, the advisor will send directions to the vehicle and should have mentioned not press any of the OnStar buttons at that time. Pressing the button on your end disconnects the call and stops the direct download connection. I have passed along the information to ensure proper expectations are set during these calls. I appreciate you letting us know about this so we can continue to improve all aspects of the business. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I've said this before; I had a heart attack while driving, when I pushed the OnStar button they took care of everything to get me the care I needed.I'm an OnStar customer for life.

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    I've said this before; I had a heart attack while driving, when I pushed the OnStar button they took care of everything to get me the care I needed.I'm an OnStar customer for life.
    I would be, too.

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    C "T" ess,

I'm so glad that we were there for you during your time of need and that you are okay! We'd love to speak with your further about your story and possibly feature it on our blog, OnStar Connections. Would you be willing to share your story at this link? http://bit.ly/YhHdAk Thanks, hope to hear from you soon!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

I would like to have onstar in my CTS but I only drive the car for 1/2 the year (not in winter) . I tried in the past to see if I could do this but they only way was monthly and the onus was on me to stop the service but that was not as easy as your would think, they kept passing me off to someone who tried to convince to keep it on a car parked in storage. I got so frustrated I never signed up again. Then they told me I was too late and I was already billed for the month I and I could not get a refund. I had to call before a certain unknown date to cancel to keep from being charged for a month of storage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.