Bad Timing for Onstar - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Bad Timing for Onstar in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Z71 I would like to have onstar in my CTS but I only drive the car for ...
    OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Bad Timing for Onstar

Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    I would like to have onstar in my CTS but I only drive the car for 1/2 the year (not in winter) . I tried in the past to see if I could do this but they only way was monthly and the onus was on me to stop the service but that was not as easy as your would think, they kept passing me off to someone who tried to convince to keep it on a car parked in storage. I got so frustrated I never signed up again. Then they told me I was too late and I was already billed for the month I and I could not get a refund. I had to call before a certain unknown date to cancel to keep from being charged for a month of storage.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with OnStar. We understand that not every situation is the same and are always working to improve our services to our customers. If you have an active subscription and would like to temporarily suspend your services for seasonal storage we can work with you to see what is available. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further please send me more info here http://bit.ly/10XAM43. I hope this helps.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Well I didnt know this - w/o Directions and Connections you cannot use any app - mobile or via Mapquest, etc., to send directions to your NAV system. Knew about losing Turn by Turn but there is no distinction made when trying to send to the NAV; so all directions have to be entered directly on the NAV. Not a fair restriction IMO.

And to boot as has been posted elsewhere - had to buy 60 minutes for $5 to add to and rollover existing minutes w/o losing all minutes.

PJL
    PJL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    And to boot as has been posted elsewhere - had to buy 60 minutes for $5 to add to and rollover existing minutes w/o losing all minutes.
    Every year I just call them up and ask them to extend our minutes as a courtesy, and they do it with no questions asked. I've been doing that for five years.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by jghiller
    Well I didnt know this - w/o Directions and Connections you cannot use any app - mobile or via Mapquest, etc., to send directions to your NAV system. Knew about losing Turn by Turn but there is no distinction made when trying to send to the NAV; so all directions have to be entered directly on the NAV. Not a fair restriction IMO.

Also starting the car. I let mine expire three months ago and enter directions manually. Figured it was more cost effective paid approx $1000 for the NAV system, why pay an additional $300.00 just to send directions to the car via the app, which was the only service I used.

BTW I received this email offer the other day from OnStar. It is really a good deal, cheaper than the whole year and 60 minutes of calling. Didn't do though.

Get off the beaten path with the confidence that OnStar1 can make your summer drives a little smoother—whether it's turn-by-turn directions to help you locate those hard-to-find attractions, or location-based roadside assistance to get help fast when you're away from home. And with Hands-Free Calling minutes, you can stay connected with no worries about dead zones or cell phone bans.

The OnStar Summer Pass gives you three months of Directions & Connections—which includes the full suite of OnStar services—plus 60 Hands-Free Calling minutes, for just $44.95, with no ongoing commitment.2

The OnStar Directions & Connections service plan includes:
    • Emergency services, including Automatic Crash Response, for help when you need it most
    • The security and convenience of Roadside Assistance and Remote Door Unlock
    • Turn-by-Turn Navigation for directions at the touch of a button
    • The ability to continue conversations wherever you roam, with Hands-Free Calling
    • Unmatched vehicle Diagnostics services including monthly email reports and real-time diagnostics checks

Plans & Services | Privacy Statement
    facebook.com/onstar twitter.com/onstar onstarconnections.com onstar.com
    ¹ Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Services vary by model and conditions.
    ² Offer only eligible on OnStar-equipped vehicles with an inactive OnStar system. Offer includes three months of Directions & Connections service and 60 Hands-Free Calling minutes. Offer available through 7/24/13 only. Limit one 3-month package per subscriber. No obligation. Not compatible with any other OnStar offer. Plus applicable taxes, governmental surcharges & fees. Credit card payment required.
    If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired, you may now use the dedicated TTY connection to call us toll-free at 1.877.248.2080, or email us at TTY@onstar.com for assistance or with questions regarding your OnStar account.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I got 100 minutes free and they do not expire.

Then Onstar has become like XM - deal making and costs dependent on who you talk to. Official deal is minutes expire at contract/plan end unless additional ones purchased.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

^^Exactly what I had been thinking. Another whore deal.

Then Onstar has become like XM - deal making and costs dependent on who you talk to. Official deal is minutes expire at contract/plan end unless additional ones purchased.
    I just wanted to clarify, the Hands Free Calling minutes have a separate expiration date from your subscription. The minutes are available as long as your OnStar is active OR until they reach the expiration date, whichever comes first. You can purchase another bundle to rollover or extend any remaining minutes before the expiration date, we usually have a promotional 30 minute bundle available. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Bought my car used from Caddy dealer and was never offered anything to do with Onstar. From what I have read here I really don't want anything to do with Onstar. Other than the experience
    C"T"ess had I am less than impressed. And as I said before, under his circumstances I would "never not have" Onstar.

Quote Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
    I just wanted to clarify, the Hands Free Calling minutes have a separate expiration date from your subscription. The minutes are available as long as your OnStar is active OR until they reach the expiration date, whichever comes first. You can purchase another bundle to rollover or extend any remaining minutes before the expiration date, we usually have a promotional 30 minute bundle available. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team
    So if I understand your post, I do have to purchase minutes in order to rollover existing minutes prior to expiration. Not required in previous years. As when I started my D&C first year free plan in May 2012 with my new CTS, I rolled over minutes I had in the plan that expired when I purchased my new CTS.

So if I understand your post, I do have to purchase minutes in order to rollover existing minutes prior to expiration. Not required in previous years. As when I started my D&C first year free plan in May 2012 with my new CTS, I rolled over minutes I had in the plan that expired when I purchased my new CTS.
    Yes, it is required to purchase additional minutes to extend the expiration date on any remaining minutes. They should have a full year before expiring and minutes can be transferred to a new vehicle. In your case, I would be happy to review your account and see if there is anything I can do to better assist. Can you please send me additional information here: http://bit.ly/10XAM43. Thanks!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.