PLEASE read, PLEASE help...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, PLEASE read, PLEASE help... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; SO my ongoing saga continues (see my other threads) and while last week the car had decided to keep all ...
    DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

PLEASE read, PLEASE help...

SO my ongoing saga continues (see my other threads) and while last week the car had decided to keep all systems (AWD, ABS, TC, etc) engaged 99% of the time, last ngiht after having sit a few days it decided to continuously disengage the systems every 3 seconds or so, each time hearing and feeling a click and that disconcerting TUG on the steering wheel. In addition my adaptive lights keep shooting to one side or the other as I did this with the wheel turned. Is there something in the column or steering Cadillac programmed causing the system to do this? Surely not?

Also, today is decided to just disengage all systems from the start and re-enable them only for a few seconds a few times on the way to work. Please help, all Cadillac dealerships and corporate support are clueless (and could care less if the mystery kills me, all they care about is $$$) so I feel like I'm on my own here...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: PLEASE read, PLEASE help...

It sounds like you have an intermittent 'open' or a bad ground; could also be a bad battery (does it do it after hitting a bump(s)?) I would get under the hood (engine on) and start wiggling, tapping, etc. Also, maybe it might be the ignition switch. Electrical gremlins can/are infuriating (sometimes).

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

The clockspring in your steering wheel/column is where the electrical connections pass through. It is made so these electrical connections function while your wheel turns. Perhaps that is your problem? I dunno what else to offer up.

CadyTech4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Sounds like it could be steering wheel position sensor which is a major input for T/C and ABS, and also for adaptive lighting. It's located under dash on steering shaft.

----------

Sounds like a problem with the steering wheel position sensor or the wiring to that shorting out. It's a major input for the ABS and T/C, and also the adaptive headlights. The sensor is located under the dash on the steering shaft.

How much is that steering wheel sensor/how hard would it be to replace?

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by DaPurpleRT View Post
    How much is that steering wheel position sensor/how hard would it be to replace?
    My experience is that the sensor usually doesn't need to be replaced, just reflashed with a tech 2. At least that's how they fixed mine. The dealer said that hitting a bump or something like a pot hole hard enough will send the sensor out of whack. At any rate; once it was done all of my error codes, TC ABS, etc all went back to normal.

Oh great. The dealer will want $100 to give programming a try, then they will probably do it wrong... I would ask Cadillac customer service to at least advise a dealership to try this, but I know they won't, there only concern is every single penny they can squeeze out of people. I was happy my tax dollars bailed GM out, now, not so much.

I was never happy my tax dollars bailed GM out.
    MoFex and MoFex like this.

I didn't want to see a great American company go under. I thought the fact the taxpayer saved them would yield a company that actually cared about the customer.

Not so much.

As much as I would love to get into the politics of the UAW getting too large of a share, the bondholders getting screwed by the gov't who bypassed all existing bankruptcy laws and knowing full well we the people will (did) get royally screwed I won't bring it up. There is a different forum somewhere to do that.

somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4

I'm not meaning to be rude, but if I was in your position, I would not be driving that vehicle and continuing to post looking for help. I would either pay the money to get it fixed/diagnosed/whatever and be driving a rental,or I would get rid of the POS.

In the case of my 09 CTS, I fixed it, and then got rid of it. I have been exponentially happier now that the piece of junk is out of my life.
    snofun3 and snofun3 like this.

someday, I am on the cusp of doing so. I just hate the the 50-100 hundred dollars it would likely cost GM to remedy this means I have to cross GMs off all my family's future vehicle considerations. Sad, sad state for a company to exist in... Next time I guess we should let them go.

Well, now the moonroof GM refused to fix under warranty and charged me around $3000 to fix a year ago is leaking again.

This is appalling.

Mr.electric is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville
    Sell it quick!
    Cadillac is not treating you any differently than BMW would, nor are you having any fewer problems than a BMW or Audi would.
    A BMW dealership would expect you to spend $3-$5k per year for a few years before they would take you seriously. Then they might really go after an intermittent issue and just charge you like $50 or $100 to fix it as a one time favor to a good customer.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPurpleRT View Post
    Well, now the moonroof GM refused to fix under warranty and charged me around $3000 to fix a year ago is leaking again.

This is appalling.
    Isn't the repair covered under a parts warranty?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.