Can The Interior Lights Be Kept Off?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Can The Interior Lights Be Kept Off? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Is it possible to prevent the interior cabin lights from coming on when the door is opened? I have searched ...
    V fun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Coupe

Can The Interior Lights Be Kept Off?

Is it possible to prevent the interior cabin lights from coming on when the door is opened? I have searched the DIC and scoured the owners manual but have come up with nothing. Even the cheapest cheapo cars have "on-auto-off" settings for interior lights but it doesn't appear that GMs finest can match that feature or am I just missing it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    Sorry, I have a 2013 CTS premium and using the small knob on the left side of the strg column appears to be the only place to alter interior lighting. That said, it does not quite fully "dim" the interior lighting, it does bring it very low. I'm sure if you check the fuse banks you can find the fuse for interior lighting and remove it. Ido not recommend doing that.

I have spoke to a person in a dealership and they advise that the lights must have current any time the engine is engaged.

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Re: Can The Interior Lights Be Kept Off?

Maybe it's because I've owned only GM's, Fords and two Hondas but I never had a car where you can disable that.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Or you could remove the bulbs.

Wondering why you need to be so stealthy??? Most people want some light when they open their doors.

Matte black CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sedan
    I have an 06 CTS and right between the map lights is a slider that I know dims them. Not too sure if you can completely turn off or not.

V fun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Or you could remove the bulbs.

Wondering why you need to be so stealthy??? Most people want some light when they open their doors.
    ...unless you are an amateur astronomer and have driven out to a dark observing site, spent the 30 minutes needed to get your eyes fully dark adapted and then need something in the car. Not to mention the less than enthusiastic responses from others if you are in a group!

snafu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD Luxury-Performance II ThunderGray/Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by V fun View Post
    ...unless you are an amateur astronomer and have driven out to a dark observing site, spent the 30 minutes needed to get your eyes fully dark adapted and then need something in the car. Not to mention the less than enthusiastic responses from others if you are in a group!
    I'm not an amateur astronomer but I have worked on old school CRT projectors and can relate to your concern. My advice is dim them as much as possible by slider and purchase a pair of "red-lens" glasses as this will allow you to adjust from light to dark areas quicker. I don't remember where I purchased mine 10+ years ago.... OR
    remove everything from car prior to adjusting to darkness-- this might be the difference between amateur and professional..

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Too many different features at play when opening/unlocking car to do this. Not something engineers would think of doing.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I guess you could remove all of the offending bulbs.

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Weird. My Avalanche can be turned off with the dimmer switches as could most gms I have had.

Important when car camping so you can avoid running down the battery and attracting bugs.

HurstGN is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Wow, the CTS Camping edition. I hope it looks better than the Pontiac Aztek did!

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    ? Why not. I take my motorcycle. The CtS carries much more.

However I was thinking more of tailgating and other city camping related events.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    I could turn off the interior lights completely when I had my 2007 Escalade.. It was great on hot summer nights when alot of bugs are flying around.. It kept them from making a "B" line for the interior when I was entering or exiting.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.