Bagged 2cd gen CTS need second opinion about wheel sizing.. 20x10's and 20x9's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Bagged 2cd gen CTS need second opinion about wheel sizing.. 20x10's and 20x9's in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Finished bagging my CTS last weekend.. Accuair, All 3/8ths 304 stainless steel tubing, dual viair 444c compressors, 5 gal powder ...
    gmax111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 cts

Bagged 2cd gen CTS need second opinion about wheel sizing.. 20x10's and 20x9's

Finished bagging my CTS last weekend.. Accuair, All 3/8ths 304 stainless steel tubing, dual viair 444c compressors, 5 gal powder coated aluminum tank.

Ok so just to clear some things up for those who don't know, before the flaming begins.
    The ride quality is amazing, air is better than factory coils/springs.
    THE CAR DOES NOT HOP, nor does it have any bounce going down the road..
    Airbags are completely adjustable so turning and speed bumps are not an issue..

I will be going lower by raising the shock/strut towers or custom sized aftermarket shock/struts.. And if need be tubbing the wheel wells later on down the road.

I have been doing adjustable suspension for years and this is a very dependable setup, absolutely no air leaks, but my question is to those guys running 10inch wide rims in the rear.. Currently the factory 18inch rims/tires clear the inside of the rear fenders by .75inch.. The rims I want to order are 20x10 with offset/et of +45.

This is factory 18" rim/tire compared to the setup I want to run.

Courtesy of http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Im not set on a 265/30R20 just used that for the comparison purposes.. 275 or 285 sounds better but I will test fit clearance before purchasing..

The front setup is 20x9 with offset/et of +35..

According to my measurements using the tool and specs in the image above the 20x9's and 20x10's will both clear the inside of the fender by .1 inch. Which has me a little nervous because the new rims/tires could be a little different than they state.. Also not sure how accurate that wheel measurement tool is..

Anyone see issues with my measurements or have opinions regarding the new setup clearing the inner fender..?? I'm hoping for real life experience with a similar wheel setup. Do you think your 20x10s would clear the inner fender if it was bagged?
    Also take into consideration that the wheels camber in as the car is lowered..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Crippler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts premium
    Omg . That's sick ! I would love if you could PM me the install cost and details ! I've been looking to put my car on bags as well ..

Re: Bagged 2cd gen CTS need second opinion about wheel sizing.. 20x10's and 20x9's

I'm not sure what it would cost.. I did everything myself so I know it's done right and I'm sort of restricted from talking about the cost of parts.. Im assuming a shop would charge around 5-6k for similar setup.. Sorry I can't be much help..

Can you send me a list of part numbers ? Or can you suggest a website to order from .

----------

Could you post a short video of the airbags working ?

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Re: Bagged 2cd gen CTS need second opinion about wheel sizing.. 20x10's and 20x9's

I am so jealous! I have always loved the slammed look and always wanted to do this. You did a beautiful job my friend, a million thumbs up!!!

I contacted accuair in California and they just supplied me with all the info I need ! Total coast $3200 for the hole kit and the i- level ! 10 days to ship ... So cool

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Good luck getting your golf clubs in the trunk now though lol. I'm not into those sort of mods but it looks like it came out pretty good

Yes, thats about right, but beware its not bolt-on. Parts need to be fabricated..

Can anyone advise about running 20x10" rims?

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Can't help you too much but D3 has quite a few pics floating around of CTS's lowered and on 20x10's they fit snug and flush. I'd help you find the pics but on my cell at the moment.

soku is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 AWD Radiant Silver CTS Coupe
    Couldn't you fit the compressor and all the components in the spare tire well? That way you could have more trunk space.

CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by soku View Post
    Couldn't you fit the compressor and all the components in the spare tire well? That way you could have more trunk space.
    Im sure he could do that but his setup looks very clean so why not show it off. Im running 3 viair 480s and an 8 gallon tank with cylinders on another car. I did hide the 3 compressors when I did it about 10 years ago and one of these days when the car is out of storage and my garage is finished I will be moving them into the trunk or inside the car. They produce ALOT of heat when running and with a 100% duty cycle compressor you can play and play with the switches, thus making heat that is trapped under compressed wood/cardboard. You are also limited on how you can mount them......short of making brackets to hold them in place. I actually mounted mine upside down on a hindged "trapdoor" for ease of access.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.