Happy owners of CTS Sport Wagon--2010
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Happy owners of CTS Sport Wagon--2010 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; We've had our wagon for a couple of months. The wagon is great; however, we're still solving dealer caused problems. ...
    DaveL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon/AWD/3.6

Happy owners of CTS Sport Wagon--2010

We've had our wagon for a couple of months. The wagon is great; however, we're still solving dealer caused problems.

For instance the xmsirius radio trial wasn't activated. We learned more, and now we're enjoying satellite radio. lost a month of the trial period...

I phoned sirius and they were very helpful. I asked about a trial period for traffic reporting. they generously offered that to us. That's great! Except it doesn't work, and it's been 5 days.
    (am I missing something? Is there something I need to do to activate traffic reporting? Some setup that I need to do?)

Another issue--darn dealer didn't supply manuals for the gps and sound systems. They make it easy not to return; we've found another dealer. However, I need to find the missing manuals to ensure effective and safe operation of the vehicle.

Frankly these episodes have been very frustrating. I hope we do receive the dealer survey so that we can help others by providing good feedback.

DaveL
    Mississauga
    Returning to Cadillac ownership, but some hickups on the way

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Happy owners of CTS Sport Wagon--2010

Dave,

Welcome to the CTS ownership fraternity! Dealers don't set up a trial sirius on used cars (at least not on mine). As far as manuals, look on eBay for them, I think you will find what you want there. The previous owner probably didn't leave them in the car when they traded it in.

Laura from Cadillac Customer Service will probably chime in and give you the info for Cadillac Canada contacts.

Again, Welcome and search when you have questions.

Marv

edit -I forgot to tell you that they are available on the Cadillac Owners site too!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL
    We've had our wagon for a couple of months. The wagon is great; however, we're still solving dealer caused problems.

For instance the xmsirius radio trial wasn't activated. We learned more, and now we're enjoying satellite radio. lost a month of the trial period...

I phoned sirius and they were very helpful. I asked about a trial period for traffic reporting. they generously offered that to us. That's great! Except it doesn't work, and it's been 5 days.
    (am I missing something? Is there something I need to do to activate traffic reporting? Some setup that I need to do?)

Another issue--darn dealer didn't supply manuals for the gps and sound systems. They make it easy not to return; we've found another dealer. However, I need to find the missing manuals to ensure effective and safe operation of the vehicle.

Frankly these episodes have been very frustrating. I hope we do receive the dealer survey so that we can help others by providing good feedback.

DaveL
    Mississauga
    Returning to Cadillac ownership, but some hickups on the way

While you are on the navigation screen, press the CONFIG button and ensure that traffic flows are activated along with warnings about incidents. I will have to look to see how it's specifically done.

As for the manuals, you can click on the link below and download the manuals.

I have them stored in iBooks on my iPad and reference them all the time.

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

When you download the manual, check out page 58 of the Navigation menu.

To turn XM NavTraffic on or off:
    1. Press the CONFIG control button, then press CONFIG repeatedly until Nav is selected or press the Nav screen button.
    2. Press the Traffic Information button.
    3. Press the Display Traffic Information button. This button highlights when it is active.

Selecting Use Traffic Information for Guidance enables the system to show a pop-up screen notifying you of a possibly quick route. If currently driving using a planned route, the pop-up screen appears on the display when this has been selected.
    When these features are highlighted while traveling on a route, accidents can be viewed and avoided that are on the route.
    No symbol displays if traffic conditions reported to the navigation system do not affect the vehicle, or no information is received while driving on a route that is not active.
    Green indicates that the traffic condition is far away.
    Yellow indicates that a minor traffic condition in the general area.
    When traffic is enabled, a vehicle traffic symbol appears in the Traffic screen button. The vehicle traffic
    symbol is color coded, as follows:

Red indicates that, while under route guidance, a quicker route is available.
    Traffic flow conditions appear on the map screen:
    . Green indicates free traffic flow.
    Yellow indicates a congestion.
    Red indicates heavy or stopped traffic.
    The system may take some time to sort the information. The list of traffic conditions display in the order of distance from the vehicle, for up to approximately 240 km (150 mi).
    If currently traveling on a planned route, you can filter the list to see traffic conditions along the planned route. Not all traffic conditions may be reported in the list.
    . .

1. Press the NAV control button, then press NAV repeatedly until Traffic is selected, or press the Traffic screen button. A list of traffic conditions may display with the direction and how far away the traffic conditions are from the vehicle's current position.
    To view the traffic condition location and information on the map:

2. Select a traffic condition to view it on the map. The map screen displays with the area of the traffic condition shown. Press the Next or Previous screen buttons to view the accident locations that are on the list.

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    Hey DaveL,

Sorry to hear about your dealer issues. What dealer was it if you don't mind me asking. I am in Stoney Creek and deal with Legget in Burlington. I haven't had any issues to date and they help out a lot with any issues iv had.

About your traffic, if you have it turned on it doesn't show for ALL Canadian cities. If I remember when I had mine it only worked on the way to Toronto on the QEW

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Happy owners of CTS Sport Wagon--2010

Welcome to the forum, DaveL! We're sorry to hear that you have not had a completely satisfactory experience with your dealership, but it's good that you haven't let it dampen your spirits about your new V and wish you many happy miles ahead.

My name is Sarah and I'm assisting Laura while she's out of the office. If you feel you need further support in the situation with your dealership, GM of Canada can be reached at 1-888-446-2000 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).

Regards,
    Sarah G.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.