Swapping Tire Inflator Kit for Compact Spare Kit?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Swapping Tire Inflator Kit for Compact Spare Kit? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Anyone done this? Just curious if after purchasing the compact spare kit (Cadillac/GM Part # 19179359) I will have to ...
    ROC OUT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Swapping Tire Inflator Kit for Compact Spare Kit?

Anyone done this? Just curious if after purchasing the compact spare kit (Cadillac/GM Part # 19179359) I will have to modify the wheel well of my 2008 CTS to accommodate the compact spare kit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Re: Swapping Tire Inflator Kit for Compact Spare Kit?

It is staight bolt in. There is a forum discount deal from Lindsay Cadillac in the vendors section. Help support the people that support the forum.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by ROC OUT View Post
    Anyone done this? Just curious if after purchasing the compact spare kit (Cadillac/GM Part # 19179359) I will have to modify the wheel well of my 2008 CTS to accommodate the compact spare kit?
    Roc,

There are MANY threads if you do a search, maybe for 'spare tire'.

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    This won't fit in the coupe trunk will it?

Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    It is staight bolt in. There is a forum discount deal from Lindsay Cadillac in the vendors section. Help support the people that support the forum.
    Thank you for the response. I reviewed the 51 posts in the Aproved Vendor Classifieds section and none seem to be offering a discount on this part. I even did a search of that particular forum using the part number, "compact spare" and "spare tire" with no results. Will keep checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Roc,

There are MANY threads if you do a search, maybe for 'spare tire'.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know, it may be me, but I have a difficult time finding things on this forum. Guess I just need to get used to it. Will continue looking.

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Looks like the thread is a wee bit old. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-08-cts-3.html

You best bet will be email or calling Luke.

The reason you're having a hard time finding things on this forum is not because of the search...in fact it has a decent search engine.

It's simply because the forum is lacking. Our cars aren't as mass produced and the majority of the clientele aren't DIY'er's or modders.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    Looks like the thread is a wee bit old. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-08-cts-3.html

You best bet will be email or calling Luke.

The reason you're having a hard time finding things on this forum is not because of the search...in fact it has a decent search engine.

It's simply because the forum is lacking. Our cars aren't as mass produced and the majority of the clientele aren't DIY'er's or modders.
    Yep, I noticed that quite a few of the threads pertaining to the compact spare are from 2008 through 2011 and 2012. In any event I contacted a forum vendor for pricing.

My short time on this forum has been fine and I have noticed your last comment. I am also on Corvetteforum and LS1Tech and find that there are many, many members that, like me, actually get into pretty complicated performance installs of everything from exhausts, to intakes, to audio, to internal engine work and interior and exterior appearance mods. So, I am no stranger to the DIY scene. I always appreciate these forums for the information and comments of other members as they are tremendously helpful.

Best Regards!

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Roc,

The older threads and posts are your best bet, for a 2008 CTS, pertaining to most questions you may have. I would suggest that you look at local salvage yards for a compact spare. It will most likely be unused and would be your best bet.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Contact a local salvage dealer and see if they have a CTS. I bet if they do it will be a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Roc,

The older threads and posts are your best bet, for a 2008 CTS, pertaining to most questions you may have. I would suggest that you look at local salvage yards for a compact spare. It will most likely be unused and would be your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    Contact a local salvage dealer and see if they have a CTS. I bet if they do it will be a lot cheaper.
    Thanks for all the responses and tips. Been checking local salvage yards in and around Austin with no luck. Looks like I will be ordering a new kit.

Cheers!

xCCTer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI FE2 G80 MYB Crystal Red Premium Luxury

Just purchased 19179359 Spare Tire Kit (Complete with tools, new door jamb stickers, instructions and valve stem) from GM Parts Direct (Flow Chevy) for $353.58 with shipping.

You have to mount the tire on the wheel and install the valve stem since they won't ship a tire under pressure. Getting more expensive with time. Still worth the price for peace of mind.

Mark

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.