Rear Passenger Roof Leak
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Rear Passenger Roof Leak in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just picked up a 2008 Cts with 44,000 miles on it. I got up today and i noticed the rear ...
  1. #1
    KeYz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Sls, 2008 Cadillac Cts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    34

    Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    Just picked up a 2008 Cts with 44,000 miles on it. I got up today and i noticed the rear headliner was wet. I came to the forums and did numerous searches and found out what might have been the problem. I went to walmart and got weed wacker lines to clean my drain holes, both the front in the sunroof and the 2 back hoses under the trunk lining.

    I then did the water test on all drains and the water leaked out front and rear fenders like it was suppose to do. I dried my headliner after all of this. I thought everything was fine until it rained again and the rear passenger side headliner was wet again.

    The front and the rear left headliner remains dry, it's only the rear right portion. I unscrewed and pulled down enough liner to see that the hose is properly connected and i noticed no leaks from it. I am lost as to where the water could be coming from.

    What are my options and possible pricing to get this sorted. I called the caddy dealership and they quote me around $200 to clean my sunroof drains. I have already done this myself so i have no idea what the issue could be

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    394

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    If it's the center-rear of the headliner, just behind the sunroof, this leak should be addressed by an internal GM service bulletin. It involves beefing up the rear drains, and some extra service if they caulk up the corners. It is due to too much water building up near the rear drains and the holes not being big enough to drain it fast enough.

    It is not a 'public' searchable bulletin, can only be found if a GM tech goes digging. I had this problem with my former CTS.

  4. #3
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,520

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    Quote Originally Posted by KeYz View Post
    Just picked up a 2008 Cts with 44,000 miles on it. I got up today and i noticed the rear headliner was wet. I came to the forums and did numerous searches and found out what might have been the problem. I went to walmart and got weed wacker lines to clean my drain holes, both the front in the sunroof and the 2 back hoses under the trunk lining.

    I then did the water test on all drains and the water leaked out front and rear fenders like it was suppose to do. I dried my headliner after all of this. I thought everything was fine until it rained again and the rear passenger side headliner was wet again.

    The front and the rear left headliner remains dry, it's only the rear right portion. I unscrewed and pulled down enough liner to see that the hose is properly connected and i noticed no leaks from it. I am lost as to where the water could be coming from.

    What are my options and possible pricing to get this sorted. I called the caddy dealership and they quote me around $200 to clean my sunroof drains. I have already done this myself so i have no idea what the issue could be
    Hello KeYz,

    I am sorry you are experiencing a passenger roof leak. If you would like help with your concern please private message me and I can provide further assistance.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  5. #4
    KeYz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Sls, 2008 Cadillac Cts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    34

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    Quote Originally Posted by somedaycts View Post
    If it's the center-rear of the headliner, just behind the sunroof, this leak should be addressed by an internal GM service bulletin. It involves beefing up the rear drains, and some extra service if they caulk up the corners. It is due to too much water building up near the rear drains and the holes not being big enough to drain it fast enough.

    It is not a 'public' searchable bulletin, can only be found if a GM tech goes digging. I had this problem with my former CTS.
    I wonder if this is the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello KeYz,

    I am sorry you are experiencing a passenger roof leak. If you would like help with your concern please private message me and I can provide further assistance.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    P.M. sent

  6. #5
    tarmacjerry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    I have this same problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Preferably with video or pics.

  7. #6
    KeYz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Sls, 2008 Cadillac Cts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    34

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    Quote Originally Posted by tarmacjerry View Post
    I have this same problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Preferably with video or pics.
    You already cleaned your drains and it still leaks like mine ? Or you have a leak like mine ?

  8. #7
    KeYz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Sls, 2008 Cadillac Cts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    34

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    Update: Cadillac dealership inspected my car and it turned out to be a bad sunroof frame $1,300

  9. #8
    Sal33n's Avatar
    Sal33n is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Former '03 CTS owner, 09' CTS4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ray, MI
    Age
    45
    Posts
    105

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    Yikes! No warranty?

  10. #9
    KeYz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Sls, 2008 Cadillac Cts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    34

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal33n View Post
    Yikes! No warranty?
    warranty just ran out and my extended does not cover it.

  11. #10
    tarmacjerry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    I tried cleaning out the front drains from the sunroof, and the rear drains from the exit (inside the trunk lining). I can't find the exits on the front drains. I looked behind the wheel well lining where I believe they're supposed to be but I didn't find anything. Does anyone know what they look like? Exact location? Pics?

    I'm afraid the hose may have come loose. Is there anyway to tell if the leak if from a disconnected hose vs. a clogged drain

  12. #11
    pdx12cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    10

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    Our '12 CTS is in service right now because of this. I noticed it leaking on Saturday while it was raining. They said some plastic drain part was cracked. So, new parts plus it will need a new headliner too. All under warranty though.

    They are giving us a Chevy Volt loaner because parts wont be in until next week.

  13. #12
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    A Chebbie? How generous. Aren't you driving a Cadillac? It's like when I order iced tea with some lemon. When the waitress brings me back a refill there is no lemon. Wait, didn't I order lemon with my drink? Didn't I drive in with a Cadillac?

    Sigh, rant.

    At least it is being taken care of. Don't park under trees. I try my best to avoid them.

  14. #13
    jeffc83's Avatar
    jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    A Chebbie? How generous. Aren't you driving a Cadillac? It's like when I order iced tea with some lemon. When the waitress brings me back a refill there is no lemon. Wait, didn't I order lemon with my drink? Didn't I drive in with a Cadillac?

    Sigh, rant.

    At least it is being taken care of. Don't park under trees. I try my best to avoid them.
    My Caddy dealer also provides mainly Chevys and Nissans as loaners, all of which are compact cars. I'm glad I get a loaner at all but am also very disappointed to hear some dealers providing ATS and CTS for loaners and mine just doesn't seem to care.

  15. #14
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,520

    Re: Rear Passenger Roof Leak

    Quote Originally Posted by pdx12cts View Post
    Our '12 CTS is in service right now because of this. I noticed it leaking on Saturday while it was raining. They said some plastic drain part was cracked. So, new parts plus it will need a new headliner too. All under warranty though.

    They are giving us a Chevy Volt loaner because parts wont be in until next week.
    Hello pdx12cts,

    Please provide us updates after you receive your vehicle back from the dealer to ensure that you are satisfied with the work that has been done on your CTS. Thanks for keep us updated so far!

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  16. #15
    Citabria's Avatar
    Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Post Falls Idaho
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83

    My Caddy dealer also provides mainly Chevys and Nissans as loaners, all of which are compact cars. I'm glad I get a loaner at all but am also very disappointed to hear some dealers providing ATS and CTS for loaners and mine just doesn't seem to care.
    Still beats the Kias I get!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting