Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rear Passenger Roof Leak

9K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 2008 Cts with 44,000 miles on it. I got up today and i noticed the rear headliner was wet. I came to the forums and did numerous searches and found out what might have been the problem. I went to walmart and got weed wacker lines to clean my drain holes, both the front in the sunroof and the 2 back hoses under the trunk lining.

I then did the water test on all drains and the water leaked out front and rear fenders like it was suppose to do. I dried my headliner after all of this. I thought everything was fine until it rained again and the rear passenger side headliner was wet again.

The front and the rear left headliner remains dry, it's only the rear right portion. I unscrewed and pulled down enough liner to see that the hose is properly connected and i noticed no leaks from it. I am lost as to where the water could be coming from.

What are my options and possible pricing to get this sorted. I called the caddy dealership and they quote me around $200 to clean my sunroof drains. I have already done this myself so i have no idea what the issue could be :confused:

#2 ·
If it's the center-rear of the headliner, just behind the sunroof, this leak should be addressed by an internal GM service bulletin. It involves beefing up the rear drains, and some extra service if they caulk up the corners. It is due to too much water building up near the rear drains and the holes not being big enough to drain it fast enough.

It is not a 'public' searchable bulletin, can only be found if a GM tech goes digging. I had this problem with my former CTS.

#10 ·
I tried cleaning out the front drains from the sunroof, and the rear drains from the exit (inside the trunk lining). I can't find the exits on the front drains. I looked behind the wheel well lining where I believe they're supposed to be but I didn't find anything. Does anyone know what they look like? Exact location? Pics?

I'm afraid the hose may have come loose. Is there anyway to tell if the leak if from a disconnected hose vs. a clogged drain

#11 ·
Our '12 CTS is in service right now because of this. I noticed it leaking on Saturday while it was raining. They said some plastic drain part was cracked. So, new parts plus it will need a new headliner too. All under warranty though.

They are giving us a Chevy Volt loaner because parts wont be in until next week.

#12 ·
A Chebbie? How generous. Aren't you driving a Cadillac? It's like when I order iced tea with some lemon. When the waitress brings me back a refill there is no lemon. Wait, didn't I order lemon with my drink? Didn't I drive in with a Cadillac?

Sigh, rant.

At least it is being taken care of. Don't park under trees. I try my best to avoid them.

#13 ·
tinman said:
A Chebbie? How generous. Aren't you driving a Cadillac? It's like when I order iced tea with some lemon. When the waitress brings me back a refill there is no lemon. Wait, didn't I order lemon with my drink? Didn't I drive in with a Cadillac?

Sigh, rant.

At least it is being taken care of. Don't park under trees. I try my best to avoid them.
My Caddy dealer also provides mainly Chevys and Nissans as loaners, all of which are compact cars. I'm glad I get a loaner at all but am also very disappointed to hear some dealers providing ATS and CTS for loaners and mine just doesn't seem to care.

#17 ·

Sigh, rant.

Well, its a Chevy dealership doing the work. Its where we bought the car, and the service manager there said they do the same work as any other GM dealership.
The closest Cadillac dealer is in the next town, and the service department is not open after 5 or on weekends.
Not to mention that Caddy dealer is a bunch of pretentious jerks. They treated us like crap the last time we were there, and I dont care to go back.
Besides that, I really dont care what the loaner is to be honest. Just glad they gave us one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.