2010 Power Moonroof Shade Is This Normal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 Power Moonroof Shade Is This Normal in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; CTS has 29k miles on it. Just picked it up from the dealer service department. It was in due to ...
    Former MKZ Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

2010 Power Moonroof Shade Is This Normal

CTS has 29k miles on it. Just picked it up from the dealer service department. It was in due to the roof leaking. Headliner, moonroof track and seal/frame had to be replaced.

After I got home, I closed the moonroof shade and thought it looked funny. It had wrinkles in it and the front did not look like it did before it went in the shop. I am wondering if it was put back together incorrectly.

Can anyone tell by looking at these pics if this looks normal? The car is still under warranty. The service guys had a heck of a time with the headliner being replaced. I hate to bug them again, but the shade looks abnormal to me. It seems like the fabric should be pulled UNDER the chrome trim at the front of the moonroof. I could be wrong though.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    I can't say how it's done wrong but that doesn't look right at all. I know my moonroof is smaller but I have no wrinkles. It's not loose and I can't see a seem like you do on that

Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

Re: 2010 Power Moonroof Shade Is This Normal

That doesn't look right, my 2010 CTS sunshade doesn't have a wrinkle or crease in it.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Nor does mine...should not have wrinkles. They definitely installed it wrong because no metal should be exposed.

Black'10CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '08 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '00 STS

Not normal, take it back and have them fix it properly!
    Attached Images
    tinman, tinman, Tbbt and 3 others like this.

Former MKZ Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Thank you for the replies. Heading back shortly. I hope they do not give me a hassle over this. It is still under warranty but I do not thing GM will reimburse them for a faulty install, if that is the case.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Just ask the service writer to take you to another car on the lot or even in the shop to compare yours to it. GM should not have to pay a dealer to fix poor work. Yours looks like the 'lot boy' did the repairs. After you are finished getting the repair completed, I would find another dealer if you have one nearby.

Good Luck, Marv

I seriously doubt they will give you a hard time with that kind of crappy work. Call and say you want to speak to the service manager, tell them this is unacceptable and if they cant fix it right, you're gonna call cadillac and have THEM find a dealership that can. That is ridiculous. Dont worry about who gets paid for this, the dealership is going to bite the time on this one but thats because they let an unqualified person work on your car.
    Tbbt and Tbbt like this.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Just be polite, but firm. If you go in with "guns ablazin' "you're not going to get too far.
    C "T" ess and C "T" ess like this.

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    I agree with tinman, be polite and it will get done. They might not like doing it over but they should have done it right the first time.
    tinman and tinman like this.

Bonnell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS

I have a 2011 with the extended moonroof and my shade is perfectly flat with no wrinkles. That is something they should correct.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Take it back they will make the Tech that originally did it re do it without getting paid since they paid them to do it properly the 1st time.

I have to get mine looked at when I go in for my oil change I am starting to hear a lot of noise in the back of the headliner

hngacurv is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Doesn't look right to me, either. Mine is smooth and looks a lot tighter than that.

rdade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac cts 4

Hey fellas,

I have a 08 CTS 4. Is it normal for the moonroof to have air coming in through the sill. It doesn't leak or nothing but there is a slight noise coming from the moonroof while driving. Its sounds like if you was driving down the road with the windows cracked a little bit. The windows are closed all the way. I'm not sure what's the problem is.

rdade, Our '08 sounds just like you're describing but the '10 doesn't. That would lead me to think there's something wrong that's causing the noise but everything seems to look good and there are no leaks. I'm lost! lol I've picked up some other posts on here that mention the wind noise so I'm guessing its common.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.