Black carbon trim instead of wood in 2008, nicer look but what will i miss? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Black carbon trim instead of wood in 2008, nicer look but what will i miss? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Mtlcts4lover So if i sum it all up, i dont need a garage door opener, i can ...
    OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Re: Black carbon trim instead of wood in 2008, nicer look but what will i miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtlcts4lover View Post
    So if i sum it all up, i dont need a garage door opener, i can live without nav and the car has the performance pack, sunroof, 18 inchs rims and a gorgeous color, i shouldnt be disapointed?

As for the other luxury perks, we bought my wife a 2009 suburban LTZ that has it all...

Any final advice since i plan on going back to the dealer friday morning?

And thanks again to all except the Boston guy! (GO HABS GO! !!!) LOL
    Like I said, it's all about the preferences if that's what makes you happy then go for it (but definitly make sure that you get a better deal). It is not a base model, but it's only a base engine. In fact it's pretty decently loaded.

My big thing, is it's the little touches that make it a "luxury" car. I'm not particularly a fan of power tilt and seats, but I love the fact that the car unlocks itself when I get up to it, it puts the wheel and seat where I sit, I get in crank it and go, no fumbling with keys, when I turn it off it gets the wheel out of my way and pulls the seat back for me to get out, I keep the FOB in my backpack or pocket and never have to worry about it (except maybe losing it), in fact I'm thinking of putting it on a lanyard to keep it simple. I listen to a lot of music, so I love that just a few tick marks on the volume and I'm satisfied. Love that the remote start turns on the defroster and heated seats so when I in everything's nice and toasty. Love it when someone gets in the car at night and they're like "WOW those (accent) lights are really cool!". Got super lucky that it has the bluetooth too.

My question for you though is why would you want the performance package but not the 3.6DI?

As for advice, check the trunk make sure it doesn't have the trunk leak issue or that it has been fixed, since this was common on the 08's and 09's.

Check the sunroof make sure it doesn't have clogged drains, get your head or cameraphone up and back there so you can see if the rails have rust or not, if they do then they had this issue along with stains in the shade liner.

Check the build month and then have them pull up the warranty history if they have had the recalls or any major points done. Good points should be ignored and bad points are bargaining chips.

Have they get it on a lift so you can inspect for leaks or anything amiss in general. I did this and still missed a leaking trans coolant line gasket. Didn't find it until a week later at a friends body shop. Warranty took care of it. It also allowed me to verify a few things, IE they said the transmission was replaced for mine at 33k mi. That can mean anything, sure enough they replaced the trans AND the differential and it was definitly a lot newer then the rest of underneath the car.

Also if it has balance of factory warranty take the oppurtunity to extend it if you can swing it. Remember that the warranty and the sale of the car are two seperate sales so bargain and budget accordingly. The sales team will try to squeeze the most money they can out of the car and the finance guy will try to squeeze the most out of you with the warranty.

Everything is negotiable when it comes to numbers, fees, extra add-on's, interest rates (if you are financing) and warranty. Remember the dealer gets a cut of everything outside of the state fees so they're willing to shave off a little from whatever you want to sell that little extra.
    tinman and tinman like this.

Mtlcts4lover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 performance pack
    Thanks OMG!

The reason for the base engine is quite simple. .. Time and price! Want to pay less than 20k and want it bkack on black... (black cherry is just gravy)... been looking for about 2 months and around here, the DI are all around 24-28k...

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Life is a compromise as you will see over time. I have. If this is the one, then go for it and grab that brass ring.

Overclock This is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD

Thanks OMG!

The reason for the base engine is quite simple. .. Time and price! Want to pay less than 20k and want it bkack on black... (black cherry is just gravy)... been looking for about 2 months and around here, the DI are all around 24-28k...
    tinman is right... you've obviously been looking for a long time. Do it if you feel it in your gut.
    Seems like a great car!

Btw:
    Leafs 4-1 to take first round if they face Montreal
    Leafs 4-2 to take first round if they face Boston
    Ole ole ole ole that......
    Go Leafs Go!
    LMAO!

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I'm beginning to feel the spirit!

Really, I'm pulling for the Red Wings. I used to have season tickets until I moved. Beantown is my "secondary" team, but I love 'em when they play the Habs. Now I'm stuck in a hockey vacuum. Thank the Lord for Satellites!

Ok i got the spec sheet for the car... options are as listed;

12u
    1sa
    A45
    Ah8
    Al2
    C3u
    Ce4
    Dd8
    Fe2 !!!!!
    G80
    Gu5
    Ka1
    Kg9
    Ly7
    Mx7
    Myb
    Np5
    P63
    R7w? ??
    T96
    Tt6 !!!!
    Y42 !!!!
    Y44

A few more but no big deal ie. Onstar, tire pressure and so on....

Going tomorrow to see if they accept my offer (lower price or new tire since nice winter one on )

OMG

tHey should be able to go another 1.5k-2k easily. What area are you looking in that you are limited by 3.6 DI? I had no problem finding a 3.6 DI under 20k. super excited for you. You will love tue car!

I was looking for black on black, awd, sunroof, FE2 suspension and 18in rims under 20k... sounds easy but first one i found in 2 months...

Done deal! We are picking it up monday night! !!

So now our driveway will look quite nice with a Suburban LTZ and a CTS4 !!!!!

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Congrats, I'm sure you'll love this car!!

OMG

Congrays man! These are truly unique rides.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Done deal! We are picking it up monday night! !!

So now our driveway will look quite nice with a Suburban LTZ and a CTS4 !!!!!
    Agread!!!

And its here!!!!! Done deal and I got the price to drop by 3k and got Michelin Pilot tires on top of it since it has some new Blizzack on!!!! Pics to come since I have to figure out how to resize them...

Overclock This is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD

And its here!!!!! Done deal and I got the price to drop by 3k and got Michelin Pilot tires on top of it since it has some new Blizzack on!!!! Pics to come since I have to figure out how to resize them...

Seems like you got a great deal!
    Congrats and enjoy!

OMG

Nice! We demand pics whem you get her detailed!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.