Cts coupe white diamond
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Cts coupe white diamond in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Ok. Just about decided on a 2013 cts coupe. Basic. Any concerns from u all before purchase? Blind spots? Did ...
    japs52 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cts coupe white diamond

Ok. Just about decided on a 2013 cts coupe. Basic. Any concerns from u all before purchase? Blind spots? Did u buy because it looks cool, or has it exceeded ur expectaions? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Re: Cts coupe white diamond

Quote Originally Posted by japs52 View Post
    Ok. Just about decided on a 2013 cts coupe. Basic. Any concerns from u all before purchase? Blind spots? Did u buy because it looks cool, or has it exceeded ur expectaions? Thanks!
    I bought mine because it's the best car in the world!!!

You wont be disappointed if you buy this car.

71MonteCarlo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I have a 12 coupe and very pleased. I specifically got one without the sun/moon roof. It cost more, leaks, is noisy and has reduced head room. Something to think about before you buy.......

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    I have a 2011. Bought it brand new and have loved it since I sat in it. It was if the car was made for me. Everyone loves to be in it and everyone you drive past wants to stare.

The performance is fun and it keeps a smile on my face all the time. I have the RWD because mine is stored for the winter months. I wouldn't change a thing in my car.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Here is my suggestion. If you can swing it, get the performance version (or premium but I'm sure cost is an object) over the basic model. I considered buying a basic model coupe back in 2011, but glad I waited until 2012 to get one that has more features. You can go to the website to do your own comparisons, but a few things stand out such as leather, the blind spot sensors, heated seats, better stereo, better technology, HID lamps, plus other good packages you can't get on the basic model. I also love my car, and wouldn't change a thing. Of course, if the basic model is a stretch for you personally as it is, then having any CTS coupe is better than none at all.

On a related but side note, I was playing around with the Mercedes, BMW, and Audi websites. I was building comparable coupes from each (C350, 335i, A5). Sure they each have their pros and cons, but bottom line Cadillac wins. First, none of them beats the Cadillac coupe in the looks department. But to add it to its pros, feature for feature, the Cadillac beats all the German brands, and gives you better bang for the buck. Very few cons, but nothing I can't live with. Three things I would change in a perfect world: better gas mileage, bluetooth music connectivity, and the trunk hinges could've been designed better. Like I said though--VERY happy.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbones
    Here is my suggestion. If you can swing it, get the performance version (or premium but I'm sure cost is an object) over the basic model. I considered buying a basic model coupe back in 2011, but glad I waited until 2012 to get one that has more features. You can go to the website to do your own comparisons, but a few things stand out such as leather, the blind spot sensors, heated seats, better stereo, better technology, HID lamps, plus other good packages you can't get on the basic model. I also love my car, and wouldn't change a thing. Of course, if the basic model is a stretch for you personally as it is, then having any CTS coupe is better than none at all.

On a related but side note, I was playing around with the Mercedes, BMW, and Audi websites. I was building comparable coupes from each (C350, 335i, A5). Sure they each have their pros and cons, but bottom line Cadillac wins. First, none of them beats the Cadillac coupe in the looks department. But to add it to its pros, feature for feature, the Cadillac beats all the German brands, and gives you better bang for the buck. Very few cons, but nothing I can't live with. Three things I would change in a perfect world: better gas mileage, bluetooth music connectivity, and the trunk hinges could've been designed better. Like I said though--VERY happy.
    ^^^^. What he said.

I have a 2012 Black Diamond Premium coupe. I bought it last March new and I have 15K miles on her. I absolutely love my car.

The blind spot monitors and the rear view camera are a must with this car though.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 71MonteCarlo
    I have a 12 coupe and very pleased. I specifically got one without the sun/moon roof. It cost more, leaks, is noisy and has reduced head room. Something to think about before you buy.......
    The sunroof in the coupe doesn't open (only tilts). Because of that I don't believe it cuts into headroom too much.

I was disappointed that it doesn't slide, but it's also half of what a sliding moonroof costs. I got it mainly because I wanted a little more light in the cabin.

I have had no issues with leaks.

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Very impressed with ours in both performance and mileage.

Bonnell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS

I have a 2011 premium luxury edition four door with navigation, extended moonroof, heated seats etc. I bought this used with 14,000 miles on it back in December. I have really enjoyed it. The headlights are HIDs and follow the road. I get 28.5 mpg on the highway and 22 mpg average. I bought a CPO so I have warranty through 2017 or 100,000 miles.

Like others, I researched Audi, BMW and Mercedes and I simply found nothing that had the same combination of looks, options and price.

Good luck.

BTW: My moonroof does not leak. I have owned five Corvettes and none of those removeable (4 removeable and 1 convertible) ever leaked. I think this technology was refined back in the 80s.

ShawneeJohn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

No problem so far with my moonroof.If you can swing it,you may like the touring package.I would for seats alone.Comes with Recaros,V style third brake light,aluminum pedals and several other V features.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Recaros and 6MT. No roof.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnell View Post

BTW: My moonroof does not leak. I have owned five Corvettes and none of those removeable (4 removeable and 1 convertible) ever leaked. I think this technology was refined back in the 80s.
    Bonnell, I agree with you about the moonroof. I really haven't heard anybody with ANY car with a sun/moon roof have any leaking issues since the 80s. I should note that I don't have one and being in Florida that's a good and bad thing. Lots of sunny days I wish I would have it, but I'm sure it does make it a couple degrees warmer in the summer if I had it. Although this is the first car in nearly 20 years without one so I do miss it at times. I just try to think positive and say "hey, look at all the extra head room" (I know it's minimal, but give me something to be positive about).

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post

I have a 2012 Black Diamond Premium coupe. I bought it last March new and I have 15K miles on her. I absolutely love my car.

The blind spot monitors and the rear view camera are a must with this car though.
    Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2tDI4ThwdXg then see how the blind spots are. I did the adjustments with my 09 CTS4, and where I had blindspots, I can see perfectly fine now. The video at 2:32 shows how any car can have a blindspot due to mirror adjustments.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I've been doing that for years and IT WORKS!

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

You may want to read up on the threads about poor mileage first. I love my coupe but very disappointed with the mpg as I am getting 18.9 and thats with 30/70 city/highway and driving like a grandma on flat texas roads.

Lac_Boy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Premium Coupe

I have a 2012 Thunder Gray Premium. I love my coupe and it get lots of compliments. Only two things I'm disappointed with. As stated earlier, poor gas mileage, and most of my driving is highway and on Texas roads. Second thing is the cheap plastic interior. You'd think a 50k car would have a more luxurious interior. Other than that, perfect car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.