Voice commands
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Voice commands in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just started playing with the voice commands on the car. does anybody actually use these? I found them to ...
    dandunham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS performance mdl 3.6L

Voice commands

I just started playing with the voice commands on the car. does anybody actually use these? I found them to be so slow and cumbersome that its more distracting to use the voice system than just use the buttons.

I also tried to use the bluetooth passthrough and got it to work but it appears that it only does passthrough one time and then you have to go through the three voice commands again the next time you use it. I find it to be far easier just to press the Home button on the iPhone. I fallowed the manual so Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Re: Voice commands

No, it pretty much sucks -- very old technology. For example, if there's any background noise -- such as when the car is on the freeway -- and you say, "HANDS FREE," the system will often respond with "ENTER STREET." Commands work better when the car is stopped. I've attached a brochure of voice commands I created when I got my 2008 CTS -- they haven't changed, AFAIK, and work with my 2011.
    Attached Files

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dandunham
    I just started playing with the voice commands on the car. does anybody actually use these? I found them to be so slow and cumbersome that its more distracting to use the voice system than just use the buttons.

I also tried to use the bluetooth passthrough and got it to work but it appears that it only does passthrough one time and then you have to go through the three voice commands again the next time you use it. I find it to be far easier just to press the Home button on the iPhone. I fallowed the manual so Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    I use them, but the vocabulary is limited and susceptible to background noise.

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

As you found, it works, but it's definitely dated and doesn't support a lot of things (especially Siri) very well. Thankfully, the replacement (CUE) works a lot better, so we have major improvements to look forward to on the third-generation CTS and all other new Cadillacs that are released. I'm hopeful, too, that Cadillac will add a Siri "Eyes-Free" button to the new CTS (like the entry level Chevys have) that eliminates the need to fumble for the home button while you're driving.

Black'10CTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '08 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '00 STS

Okay, I just found a new one that I didnt notice before. You can voice tag any address with whatever you want. Before, once I got where I was going, for the return trip, I would pull up my house address off the list of previous destinations; now I hold down the Hands-free button and as soon as it beeps, I say "Get me home". It automatically enters my address into the guidance system and this can even be done while driving! Thought that was cool!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Black'10CTS4 View Post
    Okay, I just found a new one that I didnt notice before. You can voice tag any address with whatever you want. Before, once I got where I was going, for the return trip, I would pull up my house address off the list of previous destinations; now I hold down the Hands-free button and as soon as it beeps, I say "Get me home". It automatically enters my address into the guidance system and this can even be done while driving! Thought that was cool!
    Use that all the time. I also have work tagged if I have traveled to another office.

typo681 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

The only main voice commands I use are: "Enter Street" so I can input an address while I'm driving and "Music Playlist (3)" when I'm listening to music on my hard drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.