Warranty Valid? Salvage Flood Damaged 2011 CTS 13k
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Warranty Valid? Salvage Flood Damaged 2011 CTS 13k in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello All, I posted in the wrong place earlier, so excuse the double post... couldn't figure out how to delete ...
    Ephs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Sedan Luxury Edition

Warranty Valid? Salvage Flood Damaged 2011 CTS 13k

Hello All,

I posted in the wrong place earlier, so excuse the double post... couldn't figure out how to delete the other post.

I recently bought a 2011 Water/Flood Damaged 2011 CTS. Less than 13k and all seems to be running well. I bought this with a full understanding that it probably will have some short/long term issues. So far, so good. My first question is, does this car have any type of warranty/service contract at this point? Obviously some things I would assume would not be covered, but will anything be covered? This is my first Cadillac and I am extremely curious.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Warranty Valid? Salvage Flood Damaged 2011 CTS 13k

Ephs,

Welcome to the world of Cadillac with the purchase of your 2011 CTS! You are among friends!

I can't say for sure, but I think your Warranty is toast! When a vehicle receives a salvage title, the warranty is gone! Did your car come with a salvage title?

We have had a few people with water damaged cars and the issues can really be frustrating, kind of like chasing a ghost in the night. Let's hope you fare well!

Good Luck, Marv

Ephs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Sedan Luxury Edition

Thanks for your help! Greatly appreciated. I understand the risks and will hope for the best!

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

This is a reply from another forum that might be of interest....................

In 18 years at GM, the only vehicles that I was aware of having their "warranty" voided were vehicles that were submerged in water, which pretty much screws everything up in the vehicle from the engine to the axle. I did see some particular components voided out on the warranty system. Most of these were people who installed or had a supercharger/turbo installed and actually thought it would not affect any of the warranty and they brought it to the dealer for warranty. In these cases, only those components affected were voided (such as engine/trans/axle, etc.).

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    If the title says salvage then your void.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.