Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some consistency and proper guidlines for Cadillac Free Maintenance

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2016 XTS Premium

Re: Some consistency and proper guidlines for Cadillac Free Maintenance

Well just got my second service on my 12 Coupe at 8900+ miles and 33% on OLM. Paid and supplied my own Mobil 1 and charges were zero except for one issue - I asked about the TPMS relearn after the recommended tire rotation - asked a couple of times - said they do the relearn. Sounded fine to me but after checking service invoice I see a comment that tires cannot be rotated due to different sizes. No one mentioned this to me and of course I know you cant rotate normally with the larger rears. But owners manual says to rotate side to side and that was what I expected would be done. Beats me. Why dont people talk to the customer so one can clarify little things like this? Oh well.

yeah they should have been rotated side-to-side at least... that's what we do

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jghiller
    Well just got my second service on my 12 Coupe at 8900+ miles and 33% on OLM. Paid and supplied my own Mobil 1 and charges were zero except for one issue - I asked about the TPMS relearn after the recommended tire rotation - asked a couple of times - said they do the relearn. Sounded fine to me but after checking service invoice I see a comment that tires cannot be rotated due to different sizes. No one mentioned this to me and of course I know you cant rotate normally with the larger rears. But owners manual says to rotate side to side and that was what I expected would be done. Beats me. Why dont people talk to the customer so one can clarify little things like this? Oh well.
    I have gone in for service twice and they have said the same thing to me. When I got my new wheels I asked the tire shop and they seemed to concur with Cadillac that there isn't a great benefit from the side to side swap.

Tom Wheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

I just had my third oil change on my 2012 Sportwagon at 20,000 miles and this is also the third time that they have used Mobil 1 at my request and with no extra charge. Crestview Cadillac has for the past 7 years given me the best service I could ever hope for.

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12