Headlight problem - CSP-11055
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Headlight problem - CSP-11055 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Does anyone know if this is a recall or just a TSB? I am having an intermittant problem with passenger ...
    kjr6306 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, Maggied.

Headlight problem - CSP-11055

Does anyone know if this is a recall or just a TSB? I am having an intermittant problem with passenger headlamp and wondering if GM will fix it free of charge? I have a 2009 CTS AWD that is out of warranty (70K miles).

Bulletin No: CSP-11055
    Date of Bulletin: 03/14/2012
    Summary Description:
    CADILLAC/GMC/SATURN: SEE DOCUMENT SEARCH BUTTON FOR OWNER LETTER. CERTAIN MODEL YEAR VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE AN ISSUE OF A LOOSE ELECTRICAL CONTACT WITH LOW BEAM HALOGEN HEADLAMP BULB CONNECTOR WORKING INTERMITTENTLY. *PE

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Headlight problem - CSP-11055

If it's the same thing, I had a recall on my 2010 because the headlight connectors were melting which caused an intermittent fault. The dealer replace both connectors under the recall.

Did some more research and found this....looks like GM will fix it free up until 12/31/2013.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...43330-5822.pdf

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kjr6306 View Post
    Does anyone know if this is a recall or just a TSB? I am having an intermittant problem with passenger headlamp and wondering if GM will fix it free of charge? I have a 2009 CTS AWD that is out of warranty (70K miles).

Bulletin No: CSP-11055
    Date of Bulletin: 03/14/2012
    Summary Description:
    CADILLAC/GMC/SATURN: SEE DOCUMENT SEARCH BUTTON FOR OWNER LETTER. CERTAIN MODEL YEAR VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE AN ISSUE OF A LOOSE ELECTRICAL CONTACT WITH LOW BEAM HALOGEN HEADLAMP BULB CONNECTOR WORKING INTERMITTENTLY. *PE
    Hello kjr6306,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. If you private message me additional information: your VIN# and contact information, I would be more then happy to look into this issue for you. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Did some more research and found this....looks like GM will fix it free up until 12/31/2013.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...43330-5822.pdf
    Yes, I had that recall done on my 09 CTS.

Well things got a little interesting with this issue today. I called my local dealer to make an appointment to have this issue fixed. I had work done there last year for the cam phasers. Apparently, without my consent and without there being any issue with the light at that time, the dealership said they performed the bulletin on my car. I went and pulled the receipt and sure enough it was written up that there was a bulb burned out and the bulletin signed off as being done. I did not have any issues with the bulbs at that time and the bulb was working fine when I dropped it at the dealership. The service manager I was talking to to make my appointment basically said that the bulletin was done and there was nothing more they could do. There have been times before that I have taken my cars to this dealership for work and when I get it back things are on the invoice that I never approved. They are always warranty claims and charged back to GM with no charge to me, but the funny thing is they are for thing I never had a problem with. I once had my Blazer in for a recall and when I got it back the dealership replaced to window motors yet the windows worked fine. I wonder how much work the dealership claim they do under warranty and charge back to GM? I'm heading to the dealership tomorrow to get this resolved. Will update when I have more info...

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Interesting post. Looking forward to the what happens.

Finally got it this taken care of. After we dropped the car off we got a call from the service manager saying it would be $150 to fix the headlight. After some complaining about the fact that the bulletin had just been done on the car (They knew it was done) they said they would look in to it. Later that day we got a call saying the car was done...no charge. When we picked it up they said they replaced the headlight connector that was "corroded and badly melted". Funny thing is the bulletin was supposed to fix this issue. Pretty sure they just never did it the first time.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Finally got it this taken care of. After we dropped the car off we got a call from the service manager saying it would be $150 to fix the headlight. After some complaining about the fact that the bulletin had just been done on the car (They knew it was done) they said they would look in to it. Later that day we got a call saying the car was done...no charge. When we picked it up they said they replaced the headlight connector that was "corroded and badly melted". Funny thing is the bulletin was supposed to fix this issue. Pretty sure they just never did it the first time.
    Hello kjr6306,

I am sorry you had to deal with getting your vehicle fixed because the issue may have never been done right the first time. However, we are happy to hear the dealer fixed the issue free of charge for you. Enjoy driving your vehicle around. If you have other questions or concerns don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

ehindman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4 3.6 DI

My headlight went out on my 2008 CTS and smoked up the drivers side lense. The dealer replaced both connectors under the recall and replaced the smoked up headlight at no charge. later in the week my passenger side lense was full of condensation from the rain. I took it back to the dealer stating they needed to check the seal on the new bulb socket they just replaced. They said it was a coincidence and nothing they could do but replace the headlight at a huge cost. Has anyone else had this problem?

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I have an 08 CTS, I had the right day time running light, replaced last week at a cost of $231.00. Does this bulletin apply to all 08 CTS cars or just the ones GM designate? I would love to get reimbursed.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ddawson
    I have an 08 CTS, I had the right day time running light, replaced last week at a cost of $231.00. Does this bulletin apply to all 08 CTS cars or just the ones GM designate? I would love to get reimbursed.
    Why was the drl replaced? Did you read this thread? I know you're trying to reach here, but unless it has to do with the connector and affected the entire unit, you wouldn't qualify.

Also I'm pretty sure it's only standard headlights not hid.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Thanks for the reply. It had nothing to do with the connector. It was burned out from, 44 thousand miles of wear.

ehindman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4 3.6 DI

Update. I'm embarrassed to say I am still dealing with the condensation in my headlight. I have been back to the dealer for a second time and have visited an alternate caddie dealer. Both say the possibility of a faulty installation is impossible and will not look into a seal issue or replace the unit although I bought the car and performed all my services at the dealership that performed the recall. I find it too much of a coincidence for the lamp housing to fail immediately after the recall was performed.
    Very disappointed in Cadillac and can't afford a new unit at this time.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Unfortunate. In that case just add a nice small bead of aquarium silicone around the housing. I had a problem with my headlight and this has solved my issue with the condensation.
    You must remove the headlight. It takes 10min to remove the bumper (search there are directions on the forum) remove headlight. Spread silicone around the headlight. Let dry. Done. Done and done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.