CTS AWD off/TC/ABS issues, update, now not constant...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS AWD off/TC/ABS issues, update, now not constant... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey guys, Still fighting with this to see if I can track it down as the newest dealership says they ...
    DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

CTS AWD off/TC/ABS issues, update, now not constant...

Hey guys,

Still fighting with this to see if I can track it down as the newest dealership says they have no idea what it is and I only have the option of paying them $90 and hour to dig around hoping to see something somewhere...

This is an update to previous threads (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...llac-says.html http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...llac-says.html)

Now that the heat has arrived (80s)I have noticed the AWD, ABS, steering assist, etc has begun mostly being off, but often going in and out. I can especially be sure this is happening because whenever either the steering assist or AWD kicking in and out (not sure which) it actually jerks the wheel (which is very disconcerting). Yesterday as I left work all lights were off and I could feel steering assist, etc still in place for about 45 seconds to 1 minute, then began kicking in and out randomly for a while until they most stayed disabled, though momentarily re-enabling.

Any ideas what could be affected like this by temperature and such (also dry)? I keep thinking wheel speed sensor but the dealerships say no (though they can't tell me the issue).

TIA Guys,

-Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: CTS AWD off/TC/ABS issues, update, now not constant...

Anyone? I'd really like to get a Regal Turbo but this experience has really shaken me as far as being able to trust GM quality nor service again. I feel like I am only dollar symbols to GM and never anything more, even when there faults had endangered my health in the past. In the end, I am thinking though I prefer the Regal I may have to go ba k to Chrysler with a new 200C with the 283hp V6 instead....

Rode with no lights and all systems seemingly active for around 2-3 minutes last week driving home from work. Hit a little bump in the road and the lights returned and system disengaged... Ideas?

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPurpleRT View Post
    Rode with no lights and all systems seemingly active for around 2-3 minutes last week driving home from work. Hit a little bump in the road and the lights returned and system disengaged... Ideas?
    Sounds kind of similar to a wiring issue that I had...the CEL would come on only when braking but had nothing to do with braking. (Bumps/potholes would trigger it too) Dealer said they found a short in the wiring leading to the ECM.

Good luck.

somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4

Happened to find service bulletin 11-04-21-005 on some random website, can't confirm with government site since it won't load for some reason. Summary states, "Water leaks attributed to right front area of sunroof, malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illuminated and/or service all wheel drive message displayed in driver information center (DIC), DTCS C0399, C0400, C0401, and/or U0102 set."

My money is that this service bulletin has your answer.

Can anyone bring that up? Could be something. The moonroof leaked like a waterfall at 5xk miles when I got it but Cadillac told me it was normal and I'd have to pay to have it fixed. The BMW dealership I bought it from thought that was crazy so they paid about $2000 to the local Cadillac dealership to fix it. Maybe these moonroofs deisgn flaws are so bad the dealership can't even fix it with $2000???

CADILLAC CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Step up just for ONE time during my ownership experience and have your dealership fix this car!

So the car ha started very often engaging/disengaging AWD/ABS/TC. I have found another serious deisgn flaw. I am unsure which system it is, but each time one of them engages, it jerks the wheel fairly strongly. Being an IT professional this is a glaring flaw to me because of the INCREDIBLE safety risk were someone not used to this malfunction driving down the interstate or worse a curvy country road and the car jerked the wheel. Indeed, a simple algorithm to permanently disable these system after so many faults (disengage, re-engages, and check lights) would greatly reduce the risk to drivers, occupants, and other motorists. Why in the world would Cadillac allow the system to continuously malfunction over and over?

CADILLAC CUSTOMER CARE: Please, for once, do the right thing and work with me on this car.... Show you have a MINIMUM of care and respect for your customers even when you aren't taking their money...

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    So the car ha started very often engaging/disengaging AWD/ABS/TC. I have found another serious deisgn flaw. I am unsure which system it is, but each time one of them engages, it jerks the wheel fairly strongly. Being an IT professional this is a glaring flaw to me because of the INCREDIBLE safety risk were someone not used to this malfunction driving down the interstate or worse a curvy country road and the car jerked the wheel. Indeed, a simple algorithm to permanently disable these system after so many faults (disengage, re-engages, and check lights) would greatly reduce the risk to drivers, occupants, and other motorists. Why in the world would Cadillac allow the system to continuously malfunction over and over?

CADILLAC CUSTOMER CARE: Please, for once, do the right thing and work with me on this car.... Show you have a MINIMUM of care and respect for your customers even when you aren't taking their money...
    Have you tried to contact their 1800 number? I'm at work and don't know it off the top but I'd start there... Emailing them just won't get you anywhere. Good luck!

Yes, 1800 number was useless, treated me like dirt for the most part every time I've called.

Last night all systems stayed working for aounr d5 miles. Also, before I heard a malfunction ding I noticed my moving headlights pointed briefly to the left though I was making a sharp right turn.... Is this a sign to the issue maybe?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Yes, 1800 number was useless, treated me like dirt for the most part every time I've called.

Last night all systems stayed working for aounr d5 miles. Also, before I heard a malfunction ding I noticed my moving headlights pointed briefly to the left though I was making a sharp right turn.... Is this a sign to the issue maybe?
    Hello DaPurpleRT,

I am sorry for the issues your vehicle has been experiencing. If you please private message me with your contact information: name, address, phone number, e-mail address, VIN and the dealership name and location your vehicle was serviced, I will be more than happy to look into your issues.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

millmarble is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI AWD

I am having the same problem. Cadillac could not find the problem. No warning lights are on. I took it to Aamco and they said it may be the tires with a bad spot confusing the system. Haven't changed the tires yet, but have you had any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello DaPurpleRT,

I am sorry for the issues your vehicle has been experiencing. If you please private message me with your contact information: name, address, phone number, e-mail address, VIN and the dealership name and location your vehicle was serviced, I will be more than happy to look into your issues.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

None, Cadillac gave up on me so I am getting ready to trade it off and take the loss....

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by millmarble View Post
    I am having the same problem. Cadillac could not find the problem. No warning lights are on. I took it to Aamco and they said it may be the tires with a bad spot confusing the system. Haven't changed the tires yet, but have you had any luck?
    Hello millmarble,

I apologize that you are experiencing the same issue on your CTS. Could you private message me your case number and VIN if you have a case open with us already? If you do not have an open case, could you provide me with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with? Due to the fact that you are new to the forum, you may not be able to private message me. In that case, you can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line when you send your email so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

None, Cadillac gave up on me so I am getting ready to trade it off and take the loss....
    Hello DaPurpleRT,

I apologize that you were not satisfied with the resolution in your case. I do see that your agent exhausted all of his resources in an attempt to reach a resolution that you would be satisfied with. If you would like to discuss anything further, or would like to accept the agent’s offer, please feel free to private message me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

^ Apologizing because he was not satisfied with the resolution in his case?? According to DaPurpleRT there was zero resolution in his case.
    DaPurple.. can you share some of the details of your interaction with Cadillac Customer Service /Customer Care up to where you are now?

They offered me a couple of thousand in "owner loyalty cash" to buy a new GM...

----------

They'd have to offer me AT LEAST $6000 before I'd ever consider being a "loyal customer"!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.