$300 to replace running lamp!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, $300 to replace running lamp! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; So my wife's dayime running lamp on her 08 CTS is out. Dealer telling her $200 to replace! Apperently the ...
    LadyCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

$300 to replace running lamp!

So my wife's dayime running lamp on her 08 CTS is out. Dealer telling her $200 to replace! Apperently the bumper has to be removed. Is this a difficult repair? Maybe a DIY....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadsmeow6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Re: $300 to replace running lamp!

Yes, the bumper cover needs to be removed to access the headlamp. if the shop is careful they can drop the side they are fixing but most of the fasteners need to come out anyway. Most of the job is removing the bumper cover.

wmillar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...bulb-part.html

What you do is open the hood, remove the fittings that holds the top of your grill in place, take the fittings that hold the front fender well in place, if I remember right there is a 10mm bolt that needs to be taken out. You now can pull the lower part of the bumper away from the fender now the grill andlower part of the bumper should be loose. You can now pry it apart enough to see the bolts holding the headlight in place. Remove the headlight and replace the bulb.

jimihemi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6Di AWD

its not easy i've tried it and given up. i just turn my headlights on all the time for now so it doesn't look like i have a light out. it crazy that it is so laborious and expensive. i may wait until another light goes out and make it worth my while.

Chris Pelkey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Blue Diamond 3.6L DI AWD

One of mine went out in November and I talked to my service manager about replacing it. He told me that it would cost around $160-175 to replace it. I told him that I would replace both of them and about the time I was going to bring the car in the light started working again. It just went out again last week. Have to find a pothole to see if it just a loose connection...

CTS3LSTICK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.0L Manual

I have this down to about 30 mins. I have the standard halogen headlights, and have replaced both lights with Osram Nightbreakers, and replaced the approach lights with LED's

For me the hardest part was removing the 10mm bolt behind the fenderwell, and even then it was not that hard. 30 to 35 mins, drop the front bumper, take out the headlamp assembly, put it back...

It looks fabulous.

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pelkey View Post
    One of mine went out in November and I talked to my service manager about replacing it. He told me that it would cost around $160-175 to replace it. I told him that I would replace both of them and about the time I was going to bring the car in the light started working again. It just went out again last week. Have to find a pothole to see if it just a loose connection...
    Just in case it wasn't done on your car, there is a recall for the low beam connectors. Since it comes as a kit, they also replace the bulbs.

Bulletin No: CSP-11055
    Date of Bulletin: 03/14/2012
    Summary Description:
    CADILLAC/GMC/SATURN: SEE DOCUMENT SEARCH BUTTON FOR OWNER LETTER. CERTAIN MODEL YEAR VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE AN ISSUE OF A LOOSE ELECTRICAL CONTACT WITH LOW BEAM HALOGEN HEADLAMP BULB CONNECTOR WORKING INTERMITTENTLY. *PE

Quote Originally Posted by like2drive View Post
    Just in case it wasn't done on your car, there is a recall for the low beam connectors. Since it comes as a kit, they also replace the bulbs.

Summary Description:
    CADILLAC/GMC/SATURN: SEE DOCUMENT SEARCH BUTTON FOR OWNER LETTER. CERTAIN MODEL YEAR VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE AN ISSUE OF A LOOSE ELECTRICAL CONTACT WITH LOW BEAM HALOGEN HEADLAMP BULB CONNECTOR WORKING INTERMITTENTLY. *PE

Thanks, I'll check it out.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

$200 or $300?

caddad08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 DI Hot Lava Edition PDZ AWD FE2

My passenger side DRL just went out and I checked with my local auto shop. They want $16 for the bulb and $170 for the labor to replace it. I have the HID assembly

Quote Originally Posted by like2drive View Post

Summary Description:

I called Cadillac about this and they researched it and said my car wasn't covered. They did however agree to send me a $100.00 maintenance coupon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.