Gracenote Update ISO Download
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Gracenote Update ISO Download in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; 1. Click on the link to sign up for a SugarSync account: SugarSync Account Signup 2. Once signed up for ...
    Michael_atDell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI AWD

Gracenote Update ISO Download

1. Click on the link to sign up for a SugarSync account: SugarSync Account Signup

2. Once signed up for an account click link to begin download: Gracenote Download

3. Burn ISO to DVD

4. Start your CTS and insert DVD (Update takes about 10 minutes)

Enjoy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Overclock This is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD

Re: Gracenote Update ISO Download

Tell me more.
    I've never heard of Gracenote and i'm doing a google search but what does this do with our cars and will it work with my 08 with Nav?

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Overclock This View Post
    Tell me more.
    I've never heard of Gracenote and i'm doing a google search but what does this do with our cars and will it work with my 08 with Nav?
    Yes, it will work with your '08 with Nav.
    The following is a copy/paste from your 2008 CTS Nav System manual, page 3-33:

Gracenote Database
    When a CDDA is recorded from a CD to the HDD, the music information (Album name, Artist name, Song name and Genre) is retrieved from the Gracenote database, stored in the radio. The database information uses the information of Gracenote Music Recognition Service. See “Radio(s)” in the owner manual for more information on the Gracenote Database.
    Gracenote Music Recognition Service, Music recognition technology, and related data are provided by GracenoteŽ. Gracenote is the industry standard in music recognition technology and related content delivery. For more information, visit www.gracenote.com.

Updating the Gracenote Database
    1. Turn the ignition on.
    2. Press the power knob to turn the system on.
    3. Insert the update disc partway into the slot, label side up. The player pulls it in.
    4. Update Confirmation screen displays along with the version information. Press the Update screen button.
    5. The system will reboot and start updating the database. A progress bar of the update displays.
    6. The disc automatically ejects after the update is completed. The system will reboot.

The download link provided in post #1 provides the means to update your Gracenote database (which resides on your Nav Radio's HDD) to the latest version currently available (i.e. 2011 /ver. 2010.0001 /rev 2548). The update is usable for /applicable to all 2nd gen CTS's equipped with the Nav Radio system (rpo UAV).

Overclock This is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD

Thank you very much for the description.
    You would think that this would be part of a NAV upgrade or a free download?

RAB

Not a problem. Yes, you would think this would be part of a Nav upgrade or a free download, but that hasn't been the case.

As info, Nav map updates for GM vehicles are now offered at Navigation.com (http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/). Map updates are no longer available through GMNavDisc. The 2013 North America map update (sku# 22991499) for all Nav-equipped 2nd gen CTS's is priced at a ridiculous $199.99 plus shipping. The 2013 map update disc apparently contains some newer version maps consistent with March 28, 2012 (the Map DB release date). That said I've heard there are still plenty of errors and old map information in the latest update. I think I'll be staying with the 2012 version maps in my '11 CTS4.
    Updates for the Gracenote database (for both Nav and non-Nav Radio 40GB HDD Bose cabin surround systems) are no longer listed /not available at Navigation.com. The 2011 Gracenote database update (for UAV Nav systems) is probably the most up-to-date version we'll ever see for the 2nd gen CTS.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Since the nav update is from a new company, not Helm anymore, many believe this MAY be the last nav update for our generation. No proof of this statement, just speculation.

RAB

Tinman, this may very well be the case.

BTW.. have you been able to download the ISO per the link in post #1?
    As info.. as an option to burning to a DVD-R note that an ISO image file can be burned directly to a USB thumb drive (having a minimum 2GB capacity in this case), and the USB thumb drive can then be used to update the Gracenote database on the HDD via the USB port in the center console.
    http://www.isotousb.com/

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Haven't had too much time. Got hooked up w/sugarsync, had some corrupted download. I will try again later.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

FYI, you can still go to http://gmnavdisc.com ... it just directs you to the GM nav section on navigation.com

and if you check a 2008 CTS you can see that the gracenotes disc is not available with no ETA
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

thavil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry Cadillac CTS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_atDell View Post
    1. Click on the link to sign up for a SugarSync account: SugarSync Account Signup

2. Once signed up for an account click link to begin download: Gracenote Download

3. Burn ISO to DVD

4. Start your CTS and insert DVD (Update takes about 10 minutes)

Enjoy
    Thanks Michael!

kevmcw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI AWD

Worked like a charm.

Thanks!

exm22psu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD Premium

It didn't work for me. Do I just burn the folder or the actual ISO file?

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by exm22psu View Post
    It didn't work for me. Do I just burn the folder or the actual ISO file?
    No, not the folder - you have to burn the actual ISO file to a DVD (-R or +R disc). Make sure you've set your burner program to close/finalize the disc at the end of the session.

Link to general info about ISO files: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsi/g/isofile.htm

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Imgburn is a great iso r/w program.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

exm22psu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD Premium

thanks man, got it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.