Gracenote Update ISO Download - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Gracenote Update ISO Download in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Thanks RAB for the iso image. @RAB, the vb00.0 info is displayed once the iso disk is loaded, and before ...
    speedbump49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS Coupe RWD

Re: Gracenote Update ISO Download

Thanks RAB for the iso image.

@RAB, the vb00.0 info is displayed once the iso disk is loaded, and before you select Update. Once the update was complete the unit was rebooted by the installer. Once i confirm unit was working, I reinserted the disk and the same version number was reported. So I canceled the second upgrade operation and left it at that.

2sa
    2sa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Sedan-White Diamond
    Attempted this update today. Downloaded the file and burned to a DVD on my Mac. Did not work so I burned another copy. The car does seem to recognize it as a iOS update but is asking for another disc. Audio system is stuck at this screen now. Suggestions?
    Attached Images

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by 2sa View Post
    Attempted this update today. Downloaded the file and burned to a DVD on my Mac. Did not work so I burned another copy. The car does seem to recognize it as a iOS update but is asking for another disc. Audio system is stuck at this screen now. Suggestions?
    2sa, I don't know if using a Mac to burn the ISO to a DVD has anything to do with the problem you're facing. I've never used a Mac. What burn program are you using? Suggest you use ImgBurn (free download) if it's available for Mac machines, or perhaps consider using a Windows PC having ImgBurn installed.
    I assume you're burning to a DVD -R or +R. Make sure the program is set up to finalize the DVD at the end of the session.
    Note that one of the update files that's extracted from the ISO is a zero byte file, and your Mac /the burn program you're using may not be recognizing/placing that file on the DVD you're creating (just a thought).
    A properly configured DVD should clear the problem /complete the update.

2sa
    Thanks RAB. I will give it another shot with a Windows PC or the program you suggested. Good to know it is correctable.

2sa
    Mission accomplished. Mac Disc utility will get it done...you just have to make a couple of adjustments to settings prior to burning. Appreciate the help and the file.

Castle Rocker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by typo681 View Post
    Hi - I downloaded the iso and burned it to the a USB Flash Drive using the ISOtoUSB program you mentioned. When I put it in my car, I got the "update" or "cancel" prompt, so I hit update, but it didn't do anything, it just said "insert update disk 1 of 1". What am I doing wrong?
    I received the same static message "insert update....". I was trying this with key in Accessory On mode. Then I removed USB drive, started the car, inserted the USB, and this time when I hit "Update" button, the message said "insert update disk 0 of 0", and proceeded to install the update. it took about 10 minutes with the car running.

Good luck.

kchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 11 CTS Coupe- Black Ice

I have the hard drive radio only. Does this update work with the non-nav radio? I put the file (ISO) on a USB drive, inserted it in the USB port and it displayed that it did not contain any audio file? Am I doing something wrong?

RAB

^ kchevy, the update works only with the Nav/Infotainment system (rpo UAV) - it will not work with the non-Nav 40GB HDD system (rpo U2S).

eborunda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    DO you guys know if there is an update (gracenote) for the 08 CTS with NO navigation ?

popeof2nd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS DI

What settings did you adjust in Mac Disc utility?I tried burning the file in Toast and the update would not proceed.
    Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    ^ kchevy, the update works only with the Nav/Infotainment system (rpo UAV) - it will not work with the non-Nav 40GB HDD system (rpo U2S).
    Thanks but how would a non nav radio be updated????

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by kchevy View Post
    Thanks but how would a non nav radio be updated????
    By using an update disc that's been created for the non-Nav system. Unfortunately such update discs aren't being offered at this time. GMNavDisc offered non-Nav update discs in 2009 and 2010, but I never saw one listed for 2011 or later. Now GMNavDisc is gone, replaced by Navigation.com (Navteq). Suggest you contact Navigation.com and ask about Gracenote update disc availability for a non-Nav system. You might try contacting Gracenote.com for their info & advice, but they'll likely just flick you back to GM (i.e. Navigation.com).

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    By using an update disc that's been created for the non-Nav system. Unfortunately such update discs aren't being offered at this time. GMNavDisc offered non-Nav update discs in 2009 and 2010, but I never saw one listed for 2011 or later. Now GMNavDisc is gone, replaced by Navigation.com (Navteq). Suggest you contact Navigation.com and ask about Gracenote update disc availability for a non-Nav system. You might try contacting Gracenote.com for their info & advice, but they'll likely just flick you back to GM (i.e. Navigation.com).
    Thank you for the info.

2sa

Quote Originally Posted by popeof2nd View Post
    What settings did you adjust in Mac Disc utility?I tried burning the file in Toast and the update would not proceed.
    Thanks..
    Sorry, I have been away from the computer. I used the following link for instruction on the Mac Disc utility http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10407910-263.html

popeof2nd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS DI

Thanks,I ended up just burning at a slower speed on disc utility and it worked fine and the update took about six minutes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.