Gracenote Update ISO Download - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Gracenote Update ISO Download in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Thanks for uploading the update...just burned it to a disk and it worked great!!!...
    sdobert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-4
    Thanks for uploading the update...just burned it to a disk and it worked great!!!

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Re: Gracenote Update ISO Download

I downloaded the image no problems. However I could not burn the ISO image to the disk as Roxio 2012 refused to do it! I am done with Roxio! What worse during the latest Roxio installation it installed DivX player and other components that I cannot uninstall. As I just learned this is a common problem with this software, buyers be aware! No more software from Sony or associated companies. Now I will have to delete it manually by deleting all program folder files and registry entries. A daunting task. Anybody done it before?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

try googling 'how to remove ....'

there's usually good guides for commonly hard to remove programs

----------

btw, i'm not sure that Roxio was/is ever associated with Sony (except maybe sony bundled it in their PCs)

Roxio (formerly Easy CD Creator)
    used to be made by Rovi (formerly Macrovision)
    sold Roxio to Corel in Feb 2012

use imgburn to burn the iso
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Chris,
    thank you for the info. I already done a lot of research and the common opinion is that DivX is hard to remove. I even tried some removal tools but they did not work. As I said before there is always the "hard" way...delete! But I need to get to registry and I was trying to avoid it.....guess there is no other easy way

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i'm a bit curious now ??

are there no add/remove listings in the control panel to get rid of them?

or did you do that already and still some stuff is not gone?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Michael_atDell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI AWD
    Try ISOrecorder

christo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS AWD 3.6
    I like nero, it has an option to burn image to disk, works great everytime.
    We had some roads changed over here, i wonder if they are on it? Is there a way anyone can find out for me?

As far as the removal goes, well theres nothing wrong with leaving it in there, as long as it isnt shooting an errors. But if you must you can always do a system restore to a point previous the installation. But ive seen so anti virus programs not like that and cause the system to blue screen. Just becareful what ever you do.

jimtreber is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_atDell View Post
    1. Click on the link to sign up for a SugarSync account: SugarSync Account Signup

2. Once signed up for an account click link to begin download: Gracenote Download

3. Burn ISO to DVD

4. Start your CTS and insert DVD (Update takes about 10 minutes)

Enjoy

Thank you, Michael.

BTW, I use the free CDBurnerXP program. Very simple and 2 clicks and done.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

For program removal, you can delete the directories under program files. After doing so, use "CCleaner" (formerly known as "Crap Cleaner"). This will look in the registry for orphaned keys and references. Even programs with remove utilities leave crap in the registry. You should run it iteratively till the registry is clean. (i.e. run more than once....key a points to key b and key b points to nothing...key b is remoed, now key a that used to point to something valid points to nothing, so key a is removed)

Thank you guys for suggestions. I am guite good with computers so I will deal with that.
    Regarding CCleaner - I had similar program that worked great in the past. In case of DivX though even some of the software rempoval tools do not work hence my plant to delete files and folders and then deal with the registry. First though I will try to find install log for DviX. maybe I wil lbe lucky

@christo, this is grace note update and has nothing to do with NAV, so do not expect any roads to be updated

typo681 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Tinman, this may very well be the case.

BTW.. have you been able to download the ISO per the link in post #1?
    As info.. as an option to burning to a DVD-R note that an ISO image file can be burned directly to a USB thumb drive (having a minimum 2GB capacity in this case), and the USB thumb drive can then be used to update the Gracenote database on the HDD via the USB port in the center console.
    http://www.isotousb.com/

Hi - I downloaded the iso and burned it to the a USB Flash Drive using the ISOtoUSB program you mentioned. When I put it in my car, I got the "update" or "cancel" prompt, so I hit update, but it didn't do anything, it just said "insert update disk 1 of 1". What am I doing wrong?

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by typo681 View Post
    Hi - I downloaded the iso and burned it to the a USB Flash Drive using the ISOtoUSB program you mentioned. When I put it in my car, I got the "update" or "cancel" prompt, so I hit update, but it didn't do anything, it just said "insert update disk 1 of 1". What am I doing wrong?
    That's strange - it should proceed when you hit "Update". Maybe the USB method is only made possible with the latest Nav Radio system application software applied (via the newer/latest map update discs), otherwise the hidden service screens would need to be used. You don't want to go there! Anyway, whatever the case I suggest you abandon the USB method, burn the ISO to a DVD and insert the disc into your system to carry out the update. You can't go wrong with the standard update method.

speedbump49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS Coupe RWD

Thank you Micheal@dell for this.

The download, DVD burn and install when smooth. FYI, I used basic Win7 features to burn the DVD. However, I'm not sure if my '11 CTS needed this disk, the version reported was v.b00.0. After the completed install (took about 6 minutes), I reinserted the install disk and it still reported v.b00.0.

I have to add that it really sucks that album art does not display with the other info!! The CTS has a nice display and a good processor, why there is no album art in a 2011 tech release is beyond me.

Also, I have purchased lots of music since 2011, so where will future updates come from?

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

^ Speedbump, where in the Nav Radio system did you obtain the v.b00.0 info that you mentioned? From my experience the only place to view/confirm the installed Gracenote database version info (i.e. CDDB) is by going into the hidden screens (using the 4-digit passcode) and then choosing "Versions" in the main menu. I don't have access to my '11 CTS4 at the moment (I'm out of the country), but v.b00.0 that you've mentioned doesn't sound right.

As for future Gracenote updates beyond the 2011 version (which includes content up to 2010), I would be surprised if further updates actually come along, with the 2nd gen CTS going out of production soon.

BTW.. while Michael is hosting the ISO file for all here to download (thanks Michael_atDell), another forum member here actually provided the ISO file to Michael /his file sharing account to begin with, for others to benefit by it. Until now that wasn't mentioned.

Michael_atDell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by RAB
    BTW.. while Michael is hosting the ISO file for all here to download (thanks Michael_atDell), another forum member here actually provided the ISO file to Michael /his file sharing account to begin with, for others to benefit by it. Until now that wasn't mentioned.
    Thanks RAB!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.