New CTS, New to forums
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New CTS, New to forums in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi, I just purchased a used 2010 CTS Luxury with 23,500 miles on it from a Cadillac dealer. This is ...
    Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

New CTS, New to forums

Hi,

I just purchased a used 2010 CTS Luxury with 23,500 miles on it from a Cadillac dealer. This is my first Cadillac, I have a Chevy Suburban and a Chevy K1500 and I am a hands on mechanic. I work on my Suburban and truck all of the time and I plan on doing as much work as possible on this CTS. I have researched the 2010 CTS to see if there are any horror stories with these cars and did see something about engine problems in these related to broken timing chains. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on the 2010 CTS, things to watch out for, issues that might happen on these cars at certian mileage points etc. etc. I really like the styling of these cars and I hope it proves to be a dependable car.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: New CTS, New to forums

Welcome aboard, $20. The 3.6 DI had problems, but yours, like mine, is a '10 and they cleared up those problems for us.

What model did you get?

Thanks tinman, I bought the luxury model AWD, it has the 270hp V-6 with dual exhausts. Have you been happy with your '10 so far?

Absolutely. I have had no problems to speak of. So you got the 3.0 engine. I have not heard of any problems with it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Congratulations, Twentybucks. We hope you have many, many great miles in your CTS.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service assisting Katie

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

[QUOTE=Twentybucks;3220197]Hi,

I just purchased a used 2010 CTS Luxury with 23,500 miles on it from a Cadillac dealer. This is my first Cadillac, I have a Chevy Suburban and a Chevy K1500 and I am a hands on mechanic.

QUOTE]

My wife had a hands on mechanic, but I took care of him.

Good one!

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Get a proper oil separating catchcan installed ASAP (not one that lets as much oil through as it catches, which is most) and then do an upper induction cleaning to try and get some of the deposits off the intake valves (pull the IM off and look into the ports for yourself):

Then just make sure to use full syn to avoid timing chain isses and keep an eye on oil levels as these are consumption hogs do to the DI issues.

Click on my user name and "find more posts" to learn all you could want on all aspects of these engines.

Congrats!!! These are awesome cars.

RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Twentybucks and other noobs: SC2150 makes a good quality catch can along with other parts for our 3.6 DI engines. He is a Forum supporter, too, and he might be a good guy, but he has never bought me a beer so I really don't know, BUT he makes good products! Get a catch can. Lots of us including myself have, and he also is active on the Camaro forum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.