2008+ HID Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008+ HID Question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I resently took my car to a bodyshop to have the HID kits I bought put in. I believe they ...
    Xtant12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-AWD DI ( Hot Lava Edition )

Question 2008+ HID Question

I resently took my car to a bodyshop to have the HID kits I bought put in. I believe they were h9 lows and h11 highs. After they got the bumper and headlights out they found that the lights are completely different. Do you guys know if your able to convert these anyway?? I looked up the ( replacment ) kit, they are 300.00. I cant believe its this much trouble to convert to HID's. Please let me know if you have any information.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Ya highs are h9 and lows are h11.

I wouldn't even bother buying high beam hid kits

Re: 2008+ HID Question

Yeah but the kits are totally different. I have never seen a kit like the ones in the CTS. The connections will not fit a Xenon HID kit. I have never had this problem before. I think if no one has figured out how to install a basic kit then I will literally tear the light apart and figure out how to modify it. I was just wondering if anyone on here had dont this before. Plus I'm still mad that I had to pay 120.00 to find out my kits wouldnt fit..

What's there it to for? Post a picture of your kit. I did my fog lights that are h11 and a kit worked perfect. I bought a ddm kit

Me aswell. The fogs are not the issue, the problem is my headlights are a totally different kind of kit. normal Xenon kits will not work. I have been digging in my rage for this issue online, I guess the bulbs are a T55 or something. So I wanted to know if anyone knew how to install a notmal 30.00 ebay kit and not another 300.00 stock kit..

Quote Originally Posted by Pdabs View Post
    What's there it to for? Post a picture of your kit. I did my fog lights that are h11 and a kit worked perfect. I bought a ddm kit

----------

This is what they look like.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...C10351675.html

What I want to do is change them to 6000K with the Xenon kit I bought but the connections are totally different.

You're showing me a d1s bulb. Which tells me your car came with hids from factory.
    If you want to change the kelvin rating of your headlights (stock hid are 4300k then just buy a d1s bulb with higher rating)

my post didnt post for some reason..

Would I have to change out the balasters or can I just change the bulb??

I didnt want to do the DS1 bulb because they are very $$$, thats why I wanted to know if anyone has converted yet.

Megathumper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4 Luxury Sports

I also have a 2008 with factory HID's. I had the driver side go out and I was leaving town in a day, I did quick searches on here but found no cheap direct plug in so was stuck with OEM replacement at about $1300 installed. felt like I got raped and robbed... did I? Are there as good or better and cheaper replacement options?

Have to say that the new light is much better than the old one... Can really see much further.

Quote Originally Posted by Megathumper View Post
    I also have a 2008 with factory HID's. I had the driver side go out and I was leaving town in a day, I did quick searches on here but found no cheap direct plug in so was stuck with OEM replacement at about $1300 installed. felt like I got raped and robbed... did I? Are there as good or better and cheaper replacement options?

Have to say that the new light is much better than the old one... Can really see much further.

My stock lights im convinced are NOT HID lights. I have the projectors so it throws you off. When you tirn them on they are bright right away, they dont go on and get brighter as they warm up. Plus the color is very yellow. Like holigen yellow. Anyways, wen you changed yours HID's im sure they replaced them with a actual kit.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

How on earth can this topic be discussed when it's not even clear, as yet, as to what model headlamps the OP has on his CTS?
    Xtant12 - suggest you post a photo of the headlamp assembly(s) installed on your '08 CTS.

I will. Im going to wait till spring, then I plan to check the harness and see how to bypass the stock lit to put in a normal Xenon kit.

From what I gather op has stock hid headlights and wants to add aftermarket hid.... Which makes no sense , at all.

ajazolino is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    What the holy hell....pics please. I have HID conversion kit installed and they work great! Attachment 103174

Megathumper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4 Luxury Sports

Mine take a second or two to get brigher, by the time they do the left right swings, they are bright. But at that price I don't think I will want to get HID's again.

I dont understand how im being unclear but ill try again, my stock lights are not HID, they may say they are but they are not. They do not take a minute to get brighter. Its like my 04 CTS, it had stock projectors but basic lights. From what I was reading to change the HID lights was 800.00+. Im still looking into this. I found these from a poster on here and I think I will try them.

http://www.amazon.com/Pair-6000K-Xen...ords=D1S+6000k

And the picture above my post, those lights are HID. You can tell by the bright color. Mine are seriously Honda accord yellow. The projectors hide it but you can tell when you really look at it. Also if you look it up not all 08 CTS come with HID lights.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.