HDD assistance
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, HDD assistance in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'm a 66 year old computer illiterate geezer that traded my DTS for a CTS Premium. I'm trying to figure ...
    azcaddyguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HDD assistance

I'm a 66 year old computer illiterate geezer that traded my DTS for a CTS Premium. I'm trying to figure out how to copy from a CD to the HDD. I can't even figure out how to get to the HDD. The manual says "Press to start recording tracks from the disc ...". I load the disc, press record and select "no" when it asks if I want to copy the entire cd. Nothing records. To play from the HDD the manual says "Press the HDD button ...". When I press the HDD button nothing happens. If I press AM or XM they work fine. Is it possible I don't have HDD? Please help an old guy out. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

Re: HDD assistance

What year CTS?

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Check the CTS Navigation Guide starting at page 27.

snafu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD Luxury-Performance II ThunderGray/Titanium

Wink Re: HDD assistance

Quote Originally Posted by azcaddyguy View Post
    I'm a 66 year old computer illiterate geezer that traded my DTS for a CTS Premium. I'm trying to figure out how to copy from a CD to the HDD. I can't even figure out how to get to the HDD. The manual says "Press to start recording tracks from the disc ...". I load the disc, press record and select "no" when it asks if I want to copy the entire cd. Nothing records. To play from the HDD the manual says "Press the HDD button ...". When I press the HDD button nothing happens. If I press AM or XM they work fine. Is it possible I don't have HDD? Please help an old guy out. Thanks
    When it asks you to"copy the entire cd" press yes, (cts nav manual page 3-24 says if you press no it will cancel the operaton) if you dont have any music on the HDD you shouldn't be able to access it "cant open and view music that doesn't exist yet". (you can then delete individual songs with the delete key (cts nav manual page 3-27).

Thanks for the info. I got everything working.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Azcaddyguy, I'm glad to see the community was able to resolve your concern so quickly last night! If you ever have additional questions in the future, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

catlover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTSV

this has happened to me. Why won't it let you record ONE song from a CD?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

That would be too easy and too user friendly. Why else would this forum exist if it weren't for GM's confounded ways?
    bluefleetwood likes this.

CTSPiper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 3.6L AWD Sportwagon

Loading CDs manually using the CTS HDD takes about 15-17 mins. per CD. Loading albums from a little "flash" drive (memory stick) takes about 40 secs. per CD.

If someone with some computer experience can help you, I use my laptop with Windows XP media program (WMP - Windows Media Player) to "rip (copy)" your CD albums into WMP "Library." From the Library drag a CD album over to be synched under the sync tab. Insert your flash (storage) drive in the laptop's USB port, and synch that album to the flash drive. Do each CD album separately to the flash drive.

Take the flash drive to the CTS's USB socket and insert after turning on ignition accessory mode only turn on CTS's Audio (Infotainment) system and raise screen. Select Aux on screen. A window should appear stating reading media, then ask "Record all tracks?" Select yes. About 40 secs./ album

NYCNYCNYC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

It is ok!
    I am a 27 year old tech guy and STILL can't get this HDD to work..I loaded an entire USB drive to the HDD and nothing recorded at all. Tried it twice and nothing. I don't understand it.
    Does anyone know if load a USB or any type of music onto the HDD, in the future if u try to load something else, does it erase everything automatically or just puts the additional music on the HDD?
    How can you delete the HDD completely? Does anyone know this?

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCNYCNYC
    It is ok! I am a 27 year old tech guy and STILL can't get this HDD to work..I loaded an entire USB drive to the HDD and nothing recorded at all. Tried it twice and nothing. I don't understand it. Does anyone know if load a USB or any type of music onto the HDD, in the future if u try to load something else, does it erase everything automatically or just puts the additional music on the HDD? How can you delete the HDD completely? Does anyone know this?
    If you try and load something else to the HDD, it will just add it to the collection, not delete what is already there. If the song already exists it will not create a duplicate. I have a USB stick with all the songs I've loaded on the HDD and as I come across new songs I just add it to the USB so I have a master copy. It made it easier when I traded in my CTS coupe and bought the V. Each time I insert the USB it scans the contents (which does take a while with over 1,200 songs), when I hit record it still asks me if I want to record all tracks and even though I say yes, it only records the new songs.

It least that's how it works for me.

You can also delete the hard drive because I did when I traded in my CTS coupe. I don't recall the exact steps, but it is in the manual.

NYCNYCNYC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Can someone help me with loading from a USB flash drive? I've tried this 5 times now and nothing is going to the HDD

1. I connect the USB drive in the arm rest.
    2. While the AUX selected, i press the Rec button
    3. It asks to Record all songs. I click yes
    4. i watch the progress bar go all the way and it says complete

But i try to go to the HDD and none of the songs are on it

what am i doing wrong?

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

That sounds right. Dumb question but are the songs stored on the USB as MP3? It won't recognize them if you just copy the songs from your iTunes library which I believe are MP4.

travcpo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS premium 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCNYCNYC View Post
    Can someone help me with loading from a USB flash drive? I've tried this 5 times now and nothing is going to the HDD

1. I connect the USB drive in the arm rest.
    2. While the AUX selected, i press the Rec button
    3. It asks to Record all songs. I click yes
    4. i watch the progress bar go all the way and it says complete

But i try to go to the HDD and none of the songs are on it

what am i doing wrong?
    Same way I do it...
    Another dumb question, did you play the music off the USB first (just to make sure it works) ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.