New to 2008 3.6DI Sounds, Clue me in
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New to 2008 3.6DI Sounds, Clue me in in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey guys, I just purchased my first Cadillac. 2008 3.6DI with about 50k on it. I got a great deal ...
    billdethrow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

New to 2008 3.6DI Sounds, Clue me in

Hey guys,
    I just purchased my first Cadillac. 2008 3.6DI with about 50k on it. I got a great deal and love the car. I have been reading alot about the "Loud injectors" and i understand that no biggie. I have 2 questions for the people with one of these cars

1 - I was told it should idle "smooth as glass" This one is slightly rough. Not like a monster truck but it is felt.
    2 - There is a pinging from what seems like coming from the drivers side back of the motor/firewall area. Its not based on RPM, because it when it starts its a very fast sound, in no relationship to RPM. I seem to hear it when RPMS fall as well. Example, when i let off the gas you hear it lightly for about 3 seconds then it goes back to a normal sound. I thought it was a lifter but it volume does not change with temperature change like a lifter. Some say fuel Pump or lift pump? Again i no nothing (yet) about this motor. Educate me???

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SLICKNICK54 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts 3.6

Re: New to 2008 3.6DI Sounds, Clue me in

For question two it is normal for a soft thicken as I was told it is the pulse dampener on the direct injection. Here is a link should help. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ing-noise.html

As far as question 1 mine is not smooth as glass but not rough also . My rims don't bounce around or anything though if that helps

And.... CONGRATS on the car !!

billdethrow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

Thanks Its a awesome car!

----------

I hope the car lasts as long as I am hoping! Totally worth every penny so far

SLICKNICK54 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts 3.6

If you want to help make it last look into the rx catch cans, I am purchasing one tomorrow .
    You can read all about them on the forum and they seem like a must for our cars

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Congratulations on your CTS, billdethrow! I'm happy you're enjoying it so far, and please let me know if you ever would like me to investigate vehicle questions further for you. I'm always available to check for recalls, warranty information, or provide your build sheet, so email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance. (Including the last eight of your VIN in your message would be helpful!)

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.