Bad ground on trunk brake light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Bad ground on trunk brake light in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Last winter the trunk on my 2008 CTS filled with water after every rain storm. The car was still under ...
    Dom2008CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Bad ground on trunk brake light

Last winter the trunk on my 2008 CTS filled with water after every rain storm. The car was still under warranty at the time so I went into the dealership and they said they fixed it. I took the car home and inspected it. It had appeared they used silicone around the 3rd brake light and around the bolts under the rear license plate. I could tell because it was smeared around the edge. I did not like what I seen but I waited it out until the next rain storm and it was still leaking. So I called the dealership and they said they were going to install a new brake light to fix the problem. So they then install a brand new brake light and this time they decided to run a hose on my trunk for a few hours to make sure it was not leaking. So I show up at the dealership and look at the new light it looks good but my trunk is all scratched up. While they were running water on my trunk the end of the hose scratched my trunk. They ended up buffing out the scratches that seemed to work for a while but now its 7 months later and the scratches are back my warranty is UP and the brake light does not work because of a bad ground and they said it would not be covered under warranty. The car also started leaking transmission fluid from the bell housing and it also consumes 1 L of gold between oil changes. I have spoken to GM customer care but I do not see them getting anywhere for me. I have owned a 1989 sunbird a 1997 sunfire 2000 cavalier 2002 jimmy 2008 cts and this cts has had the most issues out of any of them the quality is just not there anymore. My cts rattles leaks water and oil broken door handle and the list goes ON.

So anyways does anyone know where I should start with bad grounds?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Bad ground on trunk brake light

I think you will be better off with this thread up in the proper CTS forum - the newer car owners seldom come to Discussions for info - they tend to keep it all in CTS Discussions.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Bad ground on trunk brake light

Quote Originally Posted by Dom2008CTS View Post
    ...I have spoken to GM customer care but I do not see them getting anywhere for me....
    Dom, if you would ever like me to research the details of your case with us, please let me know! I'm happy to investigate anytime, so please contact me via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance. (Including your case number or the last eight of your VIN in your email would help me greatly in locating your case.) I'm so sorry you've been experiencing these concerns.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.