It is official!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, It is official! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...
    MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

It is official!

So it is official – my 08 CTS has gained the title of the car I have owned the longest! It happened at the end of November 2012 when the car hit its 5th anniversary

As most of you are aware my initial experience was absolutely horrible as the car has been to the dealer more times that all my and my wife’s car combined in our 30+ years history of car ownership. Still somehow it survived  maybe I just liked it too much…..Right now (knock on the wood!) the car is OK, moreover, even battery works! So I intend to keep it for a while. My next car? I honestly have no idea – new CTS? MB E-class? Infinity M37? Lexus GS? Time will tell. I just hope that GM will not lose its focus on cars as finally it seems they are getting their act together….

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Re: It is official!

My 2010 has been a great vehicle but I may get the itch before the 2014s come out. The 2014 MB E-class looks pretty good which is due out this spring. Or perhaps one of the upcoming auto shows will display the next generation CTS to give us CTS owners with the itch something to hold-out for.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Mofex, thanks so much for sharing that news! I'm pleased to hear everything is running smoothly for you now!

Congratulations,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by blankster
    My 2010 has been a great vehicle but I may get the itch before the 2014s come out. The 2014 MB E-class looks pretty good which is due out this spring. Or perhaps one of the upcoming auto shows will display the next generation CTS to give us CTS owners with the itch something to hold-out for.
    The 2014 CTS will be unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show this month.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

The 2014 CTS will be unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show this month.
    I heard not until pebble beach this August along with the escalade. The only new Caddy that will be in Detroit is the ELR.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    So it is official – my 08 CTS has gained the title of the car I have owned the longest! It happened at the end of November 2012 when the car hit its 5th anniversary
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    ^ Hi MoFex - Congratulations on the 5th anniversary of your '08 CTS!! A very auspicious occasion.
    Something tells me your next car will likely be the Infiniti M37 or MB E-class... unless Cadillac totally surprises and delights you with the upcoming gen-3 CTS!

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    I heard not until pebble beach this August along with the escalade. The only new Caddy that will be in Detroit is the ELR.
    ^ BEarle, I have heard (read) that the all-new 2014 CTS will be available from October 2013 - and that if it's not revealed in Detroit (at the NAIAS) this month it will be in 3 months time at the New York International Auto Show (March 29-April 7, 2013).

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Katie, RAB, others,
    Thank you for congratulations

Next car, I am really not sure. I have never own two the same cars in my long car ownership history. Why? I have not foggiest idea as my friend would say…..there are so many choices….I may go green and buy a Prius as a daily driver and something else for fun….I know one thing the decision will come suddenly, I just do not know when.
    What is definitely on the short list now is the new CTS, MB E-class, Infiniti M37, Lexus GS, I might even look again at ATC. There is also a very slight possibility that I will get something “common”, like an Accord…..time will tell.

During the CTS-V lab I attended late last summer I met with CTS development engineer and he indicated that the 3-rd generation CTS would be available fall 2013. He did not mention where it would be revealed though. Based however on my experience with CTS I will never ever but a GM first model year car. Period!

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

From an article on GMAuthority.com dated November2, 2012:

From the recent words coming from Cadillac VP of marketing Don Butler, the world should expect the next-generation CTS to close the $8,000-odd gap between the current model and the more expensive BMW 5 Series. The new CTS is expected to be unveiled during the 2013 North American Auto Show, as a 2014 model and will be a global car.

The price hike is not unwarranted, as the new CTS is expected to come with more size, power, refinement and technology to squarely compete with the best in the D/E-segment of luxury automobiles, featuring leaders such as the 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class.

In a report from Automotive News, Butler stated that it’s part of Cadillac’s strategy to earn more credibility in the luxury segment by pricing and contenting vehicles to better match its rivals. However there are still plans of undercutting the competition, but not to a degree that was seen in the past.

“We want to be competitive, but I don’t want to be in a position where in a sense I’m bribing consumers to experience our product,” Butler said.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.