08 cts 3.6 di awd
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 08 cts 3.6 di awd in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi Everyone, New to the forum. Just bought my CTS and have a few things that are annoying me that ...
    RandyG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

08 cts 3.6 di awd

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum. Just bought my CTS and have a few things that are annoying me that perhaps someone can shed some light on.
    I bought it from a major Gm dealer who sold this car to the original owner who traded it back in after 33,000 miles. It was also serviced at the dealership which gave m e confidence it was a sound vehicle. Also the car fax report confirmed all this.. Sooooo. Maybe my expectation were to high but I am a bit disappointed with it and ill tell you why. Maybe it's just my vehicle. First, when you push the throttle there is like an inch or two of travel before the car responds which makes it feel really sluggish at first. This is particularly annoying on the highway when you only wish to increase your speed a bit. Second, at about 75mph the car begins to feel as if it is rumbling, not what you would expect from a luxury car. I'm wondering if It could be unbalanced tires? Third, the transmission is just so stubborn even in sport mode which makes the car feel even more disconnected from the drivers inputs.. Hope I did not make a big mistake in buying this car because she is a beauty to look at but I want to enjoy driving it too.

Thanks for listening, Randy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thavil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry Cadillac CTS4

Re: 08 cts 3.6 di awd

Welcome!! I'm not sure about the rumbling that you are describing, I would suggest that you get the tires balanced first since this will be your cheapest "fix". As for delay in peddle response and the stubborn transmission, I think you are running into what others here call a "lazy" transmission. Some of us here experience the same thing and have learned to deal with it. I would suggest two things to rule them out. 1. Ask the dealer to upgrade the ECM/BCM firmware to ensure you have the latest software. 2. Have the dealer check to see if any codes are being thrown even if your check engine light hasn't come on. In my case, no CEL but when they ran the codes, number 4 plug was fouled. They changed the coil pack/plug and most of my hesitation is now gone.

spaceman78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

my 2008 cts awd with only 3 thousands went back to the dealer same thing number 4 plug foul and new coil pack runs like a deer now

Thanks for your input members it is appreciated. I will mention these things when I bring it to the dealer for service. I feel i now have hope. Stay tuned.....pun intended!

Dmcastino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI - FE3 and 6MT

If you feel like the gas pedal isn't responding correctly, you could try following the steps outlined in the manual to allow the throttle to recalibrate itself.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyG View Post
    Thanks for your input members it is appreciated. I will mention these things when I bring it to the dealer for service. I feel i now have hope. Stay tuned.....pun intended!
    RandyG, I'm glad you are indeed planning on bringing your current concerns to your dealer's attention, as I was going to recommend going in for service. If you have any lingering concerns after consulting with them, don't hesitate to let me know and I can contact your dealer anytime on your behalf to follow up.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

RandyG, I'm glad you are indeed planning on bringing your current concerns to your dealer's attention, as I was going to recommend going in for service. If you have any lingering concerns after consulting with them, don't hesitate to let me know and I can contact your dealer anytime on your behalf to follow up.

Best,

Katie
    Thanks Katie. My problem is that it is out of warranty. I am presently researching an extended one. Do you know if there is a minimum warranty a dealer must provide by law in the satay of PA?

JackB is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS AWD DI

You said that you "just bought" the CTS. Didn't the dealer offer some sort of used car warranty. 90 days etc??

Thanks Katie. My problem is that it is out of warranty. I am presently researching an extended one. Do you know if there is a minimum warranty a dealer must provide by law in the satay of PA?
    Have you had the change yet to check www.dmv.state.pa.us for any helpful information, Randy? I realize it's not a GM site, but this may be the best place to start researching. My resources are unfortunately limited when it comes to that subject, and I'm sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you. If you continue to have concerns, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can continue to research for you. While I will be out of the office until 1/2/2013, I'll be sure to check my messages when I return.

Katie

Spake to the dealer and they said to bring it and they would take care of it. Thanks

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dmcastino
    If you feel like the gas pedal isn't responding correctly, you could try following the steps outlined in the manual to allow the throttle to recalibrate itself.
    Followed the posts to recalibrate the throttle and it made a noticeable difference. Thanks

Glad to see Dmcastino's input helped, Randy! I'm also glad to see you are working with your dealer, and I hope you'll let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. Feel free to email me anytime!

Katie

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Glad to see Dmcastino's input helped, Randy! I'm also glad to see you are working with your dealer, and I hope you'll let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. Feel free to email me anytime!

Katie
    Thanks Katie. I finally found the time to bring it in and they were able to take care of two out of three of the main issues. The rattle was due to a missing bolt somewhere underneath the car and the rumble was what we suspected, tire balancing. The one thing I was hoping to solve was the ticking noise from the engine bay that permeates into the cockpit. I had read nearly every post regarding this noise and armed myself with possible causes to pass on to the dealer but in the end I got the "it's a completely normal condition on all DI engines". Well maybe it is but it sounds like my mothers old sewing machine. I am very disappointed about that..

Great to have you on this forum...Regards

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Randy G

I just wanted to add that my engine must be abnormal because my 09 3.6DI CTS4 makes absolutely no ticking, even with the hood up and my head over the engine. 34k on the car so I find the dealers comment common but odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Citabria
    Randy G

I just wanted to add that my engine must be abnormal because my 09 3.6DI CTS4 makes absolutely no ticking, even with the hood up and my head over the engine. 34k on the car so I find the dealers comment common but odd.
    Hi Ciabria,

I told the dealer that some owners had the noise others did not so how can it be normal only some of the time? He said he can show me brand new DI' s that have the noise. I have a hard time believing that the engineers who developed the engine, after many months of research and development, and many years in use, would leave such an annoying sound in a luxury vehicle. Almost every one who gets in the car asks what that noise is. So I turn the radio on to avoid embarrassment. Not right!

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hi Ciabria,

I told the dealer that some owners had the noise others did not so how can it be normal only some of the time? He said he can show me brand new DI' s that have the noise. I have a hard time believing that the engineers who developed the engine, after many months of research and development, and many years in use, would leave such an annoying sound in a luxury vehicle. Almost every one who gets in the car asks what that noise is. So I turn the radio on to avoid embarrassment. Not right!
    Yeah that is to bad. My Radio turns on by itself randomly. I still have a month and a half of b2b warranty so I'm taking my car in to see if they can upgrade the software and fix that! Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.