Wagon Tail light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Wagon Tail light in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Dealer replaced my left rear tail light and I just discovered the brake light is now constantly burning. Did the ...
    Earseld is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Wagon

Wagon Tail light

Dealer replaced my left rear tail light and I just discovered the brake light is now constantly burning.

Did the service tech install improperly, or will I need another replacement light?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: Wagon Tail light

Take it back to that dealer ASAP.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Earseld, I also recommend bringing your Wagon back to your Cadillac dealership to show them your current concerns. If you would like any assistance contacting your dealer, don't hesitate to email me. I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Earseld is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Wagon

Thanks Katie, my local dealer, especially the service mgr, seems to be very customer sensitive.

TheBigRedTruck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

I feel like a assss, I just picked up a CERTIFIED 2010 CTS wagon on 05/04/13. With 3/8 gap at the top of both tail light, they said that was normal!!!! I found the car on USAA, but this Is the same car on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5dr-W...t_15655wt_1165

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    And?

Stoneybroke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Sportwagon

My 2010 is still under the factory warranty. Dealer will replace both taillights on Wednesday, because a gap has appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneybroke View Post
    My 2010 is still under the factory warranty. Dealer will replace both taillights on Wednesday, because a gap has appeared.
    Hi Stoneybroke,

Glad to hear your vehicle is still under warranty and the dealer will replace both lights for you! If you have additional questions or concerns don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    I also will be taking mine in soon. The left taillight has a significant gap on top and the right one just a bit. Any hassle getting the dealer to replace? Just curious what to expect. Still under factory warranty.

sliderule01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

I bought a 2010 CTS Sport Wagon. I noticed that the tip of the light was broken several weeks after I bought it - really have no idea how it happened. Could be I didn't notice, broke at a car wash, who know. I have a slight gap of about 1/8" that I can push the light back. Not sure I could have it replaced under warranty but how much would the real lens cost?

CadyTech4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    That's common to see the gap there. Warranty should cover it and new tail lamps have a revised piece of foam there to take up clearance. There is a small plastic tab that supposed to line up with trim on roof but they always break.

Quote Originally Posted by sliderule01 View Post
    I bought a 2010 CTS Sport Wagon. I noticed that the tip of the light was broken several weeks after I bought it - really have no idea how it happened. Could be I didn't notice, broke at a car wash, who know. I have a slight gap of about 1/8" that I can push the light back. Not sure I could have it replaced under warranty but how much would the real lens cost?
    Hi sliderule01,

Are you thinking about taking your vehicle into the dealership to discuss this concern? Please private message me if you would like to continue to interact with me, and or let me know how things go with this fix. Thanks!

Regards,

Laura M.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by CadyTech4Life View Post
    That's common to see the gap there. Warranty should cover it and new tail lamps have a revised piece of foam there to take up clearance. There is a small plastic tab that supposed to line up with trim on roof but they always break.
    So the answer is to place some sticky tape in the 1/8" gap? If that is what they do I will save myself the trouble. I take my car in tomorrow A.M.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Tinman,

Please post your results for all to see. My tail lights are doing the same thing and getting more 'gaposis'. I can't wash it without the wash mitt getting caught at the top of the lights.

Thanks, Marv

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Took mine in today so the dealer could "examine" the vehicle. They are ordering up 2 new tail lights. Told me it was from an automatic car wash and I told them they were incorrect and it is a known problem. They only wanted to do one side and I showed them where the right side was coming loose to. As I whine I really need to find another dealer due to situations like this and Kia loaners for warranty work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.