Wagon Tail light - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Wagon Tail light in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; When you guys get your cars back, open the liftgate and make sure the black plastic piece on top is ...
    CadyTech4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    When you guys get your cars back, open the liftgate and make sure the black plastic piece on top is overlapping the tail lamp black plastic piece, like roof shingles. It's actually part of a water management system and if they're not overlapping you'll get a water leak.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: Wagon Tail light

Quote Originally Posted by Citabria View Post
    Took mine in today so the dealer could "examine" the vehicle. They are ordering up 2 new tail lights. Told me it was from an automatic car wash and I told them they were incorrect and it is a known problem. They only wanted to do one side and I showed them where the right side was coming loose to. As I whine I really need to find another dealer due to situations like this and Kia loaners for warranty work.
    I had no difficulty with my dealer. I mentioned the taillights, he looked at them and said he had seen that before. His immediate next sentence was that he will order a pair under warranty. And I got a CTS Sedan to drive!

And thanks for the black washer tip, CadyTech4Life.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

It's always great to hear about good visits to the dealership, tinman. Thank you for sharing and we hope that everything is looking great on your vehicle once you get it back (if you haven't already).

Sarah, Cadillac Customer Care

Still waiting for them to fix my Powerglide transmission. At this time she's all show and no go. Well into day 3.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    Still waiting for them to fix my Powerglide transmission. At this time she's all show and no go. Well into day 3.
    Hey Tinman, did you ever get your car back? What was wrong with your tranny? Mine goes in for 1 taillight next week.

Took my car in on Tuesday. They easily replaced both taillights. My trans had an "internal leak". They have to take it apart and determine the best course of action. They have had it 4 business days. I'm driving a 2012 base sedan stripper.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Took my car in on Tuesday. They easily replaced both taillights. My trans had an "internal leak". They have to take it apart and determine the best course of action. They have had it 4 business days. I'm driving a 2012 base sedan stripper.
    Hello tinman,

Glad to hear your taillights were an easy fix. Keep us updated after you hear about your trans issue. I hope your vehicle is back to you soon!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello tinman,

Glad to hear your taillights were an easy fix. Keep us updated after you hear about your trans issue. I hope your vehicle is back to you soon!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Taillights are simple. If the trans issue isn't simple they should simply replace it. We shall see...

WagonHead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon Performance 3.6

Hey Wagon Owners

I've had both taillights replaced a week after I purchased the vehicle (used) - i was odd to me that they were coming apart... as for it being normal (@thebigredtruck).... it's normal that all wagons tail light come aboubt but not normal for standard appearance.... a service advisor told me it's a defect & should be under warranty or recall....

But once I had the lights fixed .. I notice a gap under the left tail light.....current dealer said its a broken bracket in the bumber .. but the vehicle was never in a collision according to carfax....but in all they did not repair the gap....

I have a long history of Cadillac owners in my family ... Im actually 4th generation & 90% of the older generations in my family worked for GM...I have never seen as many issues with a GM car until my 1st ownership of this Cadillac wagon... from the vibrations, to wheel vibration when brake applied (3 time n 4 repairs & still not fixed) to this light/bumper situation..

With 2 months of owner this car .. the technition have driven the car almost as much as I did!!!

I've always owned imports & now I see why I considered to continue that path (should've stuck to my gut)....even with all the technolgy in American cars today ...It seem American cars were built much better when my family worked for GM before they retired....

Love the design of the CTS Wagon ....I believe this will be the 1st & last Cadillac or GM for that matter...

I'm over it @ this point!!!

As far as wagons go, there's a TSX which is much smaller, the BMW which is just as reliable as your current wagon, and a Mercedes which is easily $15k more. Not much out there.

WagonHead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon Performance 3.6

Hey Tinman

I test drove all those mentioned... I really liked the TSX wagon & even test drove the Audi wagon (loved everyhting about the Audi - but was sold do to a slow sales person) .. but I loved the design of the CTS wagon & when I researched it - the caddy wagon did not have any bad reviews from what I pulled up on the 2010 models... I guess it is what it is @ this point & you get all the problems when you purchase an intro revised model ... should have waited till all the issues where worked out!!!

Again.. appreciated the recommendations.. best of luck to you!

Right back at you. Forgot the A4, and we own an Audi!!! We have had virtually no problems with the Audi other than a sunroof spring popping ($500 repair). Our '06 A6 has been a good car.

Citabria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonHead
    Hey Wagon Owners

I've had both taillights replaced a week after I purchased the vehicle (used) - i was odd to me that they were coming apart... as for it being normal (@thebigredtruck).... it's normal that all wagons tail light come aboubt but not normal for standard appearance.... a service advisor told me it's a defect & should be under warranty or recall....

But once I had the lights fixed .. I notice a gap under the left tail light.....current dealer said its a broken bracket in the bumber .. but the vehicle was never in a collision according to carfax....but in all they did not repair the gap....

I have a long history of Cadillac owners in my family ... Im actually 4th generation & 90% of the older generations in my family worked for GM...I have never seen as many issues with a GM car until my 1st ownership of this Cadillac wagon... from the vibrations, to wheel vibration when brake applied (3 time n 4 repairs & still not fixed) to this light/bumper situation..

With 2 months of owner this car .. the technition have driven the car almost as much as I did!!!

I've always owned imports & now I see why I considered to continue that path (should've stuck to my gut)....even with all the technolgy in American cars today ...It seem American cars were built much better when my family worked for GM before they retired....

Love the design of the CTS Wagon ....I believe this will be the 1st & last Cadillac or GM for that matter...

I'm over it @ this point!!!
    Well WagonHead I hope your wrong. I own 2 of them, a 09 sedan and a 10 wagon both 3.6 AWD. After my 1996 olds aurora I swore I was done with gm. Moved to Hondas. Not near the ride but unbelievable reliability. The sedan has 36k and radio replaced which means a new HDD and new nav ID too which took a bit to straighten out. Now the left taillight on the wagon with 19k. Other than that both run great at this time and ride and drive much better than my Honda Pilot, but then again a different vehicle. I guess time will tell!

Still waiting for my trans to get fixed. Screw the taillights, that's an easy plug and play. Where is my car after a week in the shop?

fasho24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Wagon Premium
    I also just purchased a 2010 cts wagon and noticed a small gap in my passenger side tail light. I was about to buy a new one until I saw this post! I'm still under factory warranty!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.