New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Thanks to another user - here is the CONFIG information for the 2013 Navigation update, Part# 22991499: Application - V5.00.000 ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps

Thanks to another user - here is the CONFIG information for the 2013 Navigation update, Part# 22991499:
    Application - V5.00.000
    Map DB - 14.114.23.032812.1e - March 28, 2012 release date.
    New site for NAV updates - http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/

The infamous 2012 update was dated 053111; the application was V4.11 I believe.

No problems encountered installing the software and map and the install time remains somewhat over 2 hours as normal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RODE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac cts 2008 di fe2 awd

Re: New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps

Just orderd for my 2008 CTS. They supplied activation code with confirmation e-mail. They seem to be getting the act together!
    brandwas 12 and brandwas 12 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RODE View Post
    Just orderd for my 2008 CTS. They supplied activation code with confirmation e-mail. They seem to be getting the act together!
    Except to being able to report the above info on their product.

ranton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Rode, let us know how the install goes.

DMill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium

Thumbs up If you have an iPad ...

For those of you that have an iPad (or iPhone), MotionX has an app called "GPS Drive" ... It costs all of 99 cents and is a thing of beauty! My wife and I used it on our recent trip to Savannah, Charleston, and Hilton Head ... and it was way better (IMHO) than our CTS nav system. Sure, the convenience of having the latest and greatest street updates is nice, but for 99 cents we saved $198 plus whatever the shipping cost is of the update disk.

Go HERE for a CNET review of the MotionX app.

FWIW

Merge is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ★ 2009 CTS⁴ Black Raven|Ebony ★

Did they add any new features?
    Would be nice if they added radio station/song name display when in NAV mode (not split screen).

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Re: If you have an iPad ...

Quote Originally Posted by DMill View Post
    For those of you that have an iPad (or iPhone), MotionX has an app called "GPS Drive" ... It costs all of 99 cents and is a thing of beauty! My wife and I used it on our recent trip to Savannah, Charleston, and Hilton Head ... and it was way better (IMHO) than our CTS nav system. Sure, the convenience of having the latest and greatest street updates is nice, but for 99 cents we saved $198 plus whatever the shipping cost is of the update disk.

Go HERE for a CNET review of the MotionX app.

FWIW
    Who's maps are they using? I hope not Apple! Actually some states in Australia strongly advise against Apple maps as many people got guided to places in the outback where they should not be.....

Talk about fast shipping ! ordered last nite about 6:30 PM and disk arrived by Fedex at 11:30 AM. Will install tonite and let you know how it goes. No info on update included with disc.

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Merge View Post
    Did they add any new features?
    Would be nice if they added radio station/song name display when in NAV mode (not split screen).
    Yes, this would be a HUGE upgrade. I'd almost be willing to pay $200 for this functionality alone. Can someone who has purchased the latest update please chime in as to any obvious new features besides the updated maps?

I just finished the install. Started at 4:05 PM and ended at 6:55 Pm. It did Audio.set then audio.app, rebooted then Nav.app rebooted, this took about 9 minutes then the map update took the rest of the time. Have not notced any changes except for deeper base in the sound. It did seem to calculate a destination quicker. I will know more after driving it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingThrough View Post
    Yes, this would be a HUGE upgrade. I'd almost be willing to pay $200 for this functionality alone. Can someone who has purchased the latest update please chime in as to any obvious new features besides the updated maps?
    Full screen NAV is just what it implies - map displays using entire display. Only audio info is the tab at the top that shows audio source to select for split screen. On related change from long ago, so if you are still using base map from 08 for your 08 CTS, you will now see volume adjustments at the bottom of the NAV screen. This is minor but often annoying not knowing where your volume level is when map was displayed and you raise or lower volume.
    As for changes - if you are at the base 08 level and never updated - there are numerous fixes and enhancements that have been made. No more problems re-routing when you exit for gas; cross street info if you press the street name you are on at the bottom. There are others. Still POI funtions need work. Additional categories are needed - e.g. home stores like Lowes/Home Depot - dont have a specific category and i can be outside one of them and still not find them in a search.
    This kind of info had been needed since day 1 so we know whats new or fixed.
    Dont forget to use checkpoint restart during the 2+ hour install. Just turn off the car - do errands - and it will pickup where it left off. Dont touch radio till instructed.

So it seems that finally GM got their act together. NAVTECH is much better qualified to handle nav updates than HELM will ever be!

Given that the update seems to work I may even fork out a few $$$ for the disk.....It won't make a dent in my Christmas bonus

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

What's a Christmas Bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    What's a Christmas Bonus?
    Long story

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Full screen NAV is just what it implies - map displays using entire display. Only audio info is the tab at the top that shows audio source to select for split screen. On related change from long ago, so if you are still using base map from 08 for your 08 CTS, you will now see volume adjustments at the bottom of the NAV screen. This is minor but often annoying not knowing where your volume level is when map was displayed and you raise or lower volume.
    As for changes - if you are at the base 08 level and never updated - there are numerous fixes and enhancements that have been made. No more problems re-routing when you exit for gas; cross street info if you press the street name you are on at the bottom. There are others. Still POI funtions need work. Additional categories are needed - e.g. home stores like Lowes/Home Depot - dont have a specific category and i can be outside one of them and still not find them in a search.
    This kind of info had been needed since day 1 so we know whats new or fixed.
    Dont forget to use checkpoint restart during the 2+ hour install. Just turn off the car - do errands - and it will pickup where it left off. Dont touch radio till instructed.
    Thanks for the additional info. The system used in the SRX (pre-CUE) also had full-screen nav, but retained audio source info in a line across the top of the display without getting in the way of the map so I thought there might be a small chance that we'd get such an update. I am still on the original '08 nav version (live in LA, no new roads or developments here). Agree the volume indicator would be nice to have. I do have the cross-street functionality. Maybe I'll upgrade as a gift to myself this Xmas. Thanks again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.